Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-01-2018, 06:56 AM   #2535
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingrinn View Post
ugh - why couldn't they have just made crush available '16-'18; looks like some dodge design artists snuck into positions within chevrolet and pulled one over on gm - glad oppenheiser squashed any such 'mid-cycle refresh' for the ZL1!~
This brings up a good point.
People are saying a mid cycle refresh is what everyone does, what the market dictates, have to do it to keep the design fresh, yet the ZL1 is left with the original design.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:30 AM   #2536
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingrinn View Post
ugh - why couldn't they have just made crush available '16-'18; looks like some dodge design artists snuck into positions within chevrolet and pulled one over on gm - glad oppenheiser squashed any such 'mid-cycle refresh' for the ZL1!~
Dodge needs to sneak in on some time with GM platform engineers , then maybe they can build a complete car . The ZL1 front end wasn't effected in the 5th gen mid cycle either so it would only make sense ,only thing Oppenheiser crushes is the hope and dreams of Ford and Dodge engineers.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:32 AM   #2537
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
People are saying a mid cycle refresh is what everyone does, what the market dictates, have to do it to keep the design fresh, yet the ZL1 is left with the original design.

Its already optimized for air flow , i would believe because of the supercharger , same as 5th gen .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:36 AM   #2538
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
That and the ZL1 is a late 2017 car...
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:40 AM   #2539
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Its already optimized for air flow , i would believe because of the supercharger , same as 5th gen .
This and the simple fact that it is very low volume. The cost to develop a new front end that the air flow necessary simply wouldn't have a business case.

Part of a refresh is not to just GAIN sales, but to simply avoid lost sales because the product looks dated. For someone buying a 2019 car that looks just like a 4 year old model no one would come up and say "oooooh you got a new Camaro". And in the case of the ZL1, the reason for purchase is the engine and chassis, otherwise you would have simply bought an SS or SS 1LE.

Oh and the look of the ZL1 is not as old as the LT/SS.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:36 AM   #2540
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weege View Post
Hard to buy the notion that large grilles are a functional necessity to provide more air. V12's, V10's, and the many auto diesels than were commonplace in Europe all seemed to breathe just fine with ordinary fronts. Even if there is merit to the theory of needing more air, the blacked out/body colored fangs look of the SS does more to drop jaws of critics than open airways for engines.
There is a performance reason, they don't expect someone driving a BMW 7 series with a V-12 to push that engine as hard as someone with a 1LE Camaro. They expect people to drive them around in a normal fashion, even if you are drag racing that is what a 10-14 second run at full throttle then a long cool down period. It is track days which a car can over heat if it doesn't have enough cooling with the C7 Z06 being a perfect example of this. It was known for over heating and going into limp mode if outside temps were above 85 degrees.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:11 PM   #2541
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
How to make your pre refresh look like s better version of the 19 refresh.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2018, 07:53 AM   #2542
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
That’s from Camaro Swag. He lol’d at GM and said he’s had his 2019 refresh since 2016 when he did his! A little too busy for me but get rid of the Camaro script and the outer lower black accents and I think it would look good. This is all GM needed to do and I think a lot more people would be on board!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #2543
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
The Funny thing of this is that there are many people doing this mod... I even saw one in a Sonata
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:14 AM   #2544
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
That’s from Camaro Swag. He lol’d at GM and said he’s had his 2019 refresh since 2016 when he did his! A little too busy for me but get rid of the Camaro script and the outer lower black accents and I think it would look good. This is all GM needed to do and I think a lot more people would be on board!

Absolutely correct on your assumption, there would be 90 +% on board and 6 % looking at mustangs.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:05 AM   #2545
Cgocifer

Quote:
Right you are. I bought the lower grill red accents from them. They dont sell the bumper wrap surprisingly, but would be pretty easy to do at any wrap shop or by yourself if you can cut straight.

I would consider this to modernize the front. Most people wouldn't even know that it isnt a 2019 except that it looks better!

Only thing I wouldn't do is the camaro logo on the lip.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #2546
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Right you are. I bought the lower grill red accents from them. They dont sell the bumper wrap surprisingly, but would be pretty easy to do at any wrap shop or by yourself if you can cut straight.

I would consider this to modernize the front. Most people wouldn't even know that it isnt a 2019 except that it looks better!

Only thing I wouldn't do is the camaro logo on the lip.
I asked him directly if he sold the bumper black out and he said no because it’s too difficult to do. I think any pro graphics shop can do it. I am thinking about it.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #2547
Cgocifer

Quote:
I asked him directly if he sold the bumper black out and he said no because it’s too difficult to do. I think any pro graphics shop can do it. I am thinking about it.
Me too!... lol
Old 07-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #2548
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
They already have a widebody Hellcat. Not sure what the redeye version is, it what is new is the widebody scat pack.

My brother was set on a widebody hellcat, but once he saw it in person, he ordered a regular body Hellcat. Just picked it up yesterday for $66,666.66... lol

As others have said, the widebody flares look tacked on unfortunately and I wouldn't call that a widebody just because it has plastic fender flares. I do like the new hood though.
When I was growing up, "redeye" was slang for your butthole.

So... maybe it is the butthole version?

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!