Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2018, 02:11 AM   #57
Scraps0f

Drives: 2018 NGM ZL1
I have just started to use remote startup so i can hear the car startup note from outside. The a.c. is louder once the engine settles.... maybe my pump is bad. Oh and I leave my exhaust in track all the time.
Scraps0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:25 AM   #58
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
No name, no return address? I'd make sure the car was LOUDER. Can't be considerate to someone who's being a passive aggressive douchebag.

I have to agree.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:41 AM   #59
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'd be curious to see how people's response to this thread varies by age.

For me I think it reasonable to be considerate about how loud start-up can be at 6:30am. Later on during the day I don't think it's an issue.

I'm 55.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:52 AM   #60
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
...so all retired people have impeccable spelling and/or grammar? That's good to know....
Where did I say that?
Your reply is -YOUR- own interpretation. Let's say a typical retiree doesn't make the same errors found in the letter---but the errors are very typical with those in their first to third childhood. Blame the education system for making it relatively easy to discern the relative approximate age of the author.
Come to think of it, why do you seem to be offended? Wasn't my intention; just being observant.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:51 AM   #61
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
As we all know the Camaro has a nasty bark at startup. My garage is detached from my home so I simply start the car with the garage door down and let it run for a minute until the idle comes down. After that I open the door and let it sit for a minute to air out.

I live in an area with older folks as well and some appreciate the Car while other sometimes give me dirty looks.

After putting the aftermarket axle back on my car I've learned to simply idle out the neighborhood and everyone seems happy.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #62
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
...so all retired people have impeccable spelling and/or grammar? That's good to know....
Where did I say that?
Your reply is -YOUR- own interpretation. Let's say a typical retiree doesn't make the same errors found in the letter---but the errors are very typical with those in their first to third childhood. Blame the education system for making it relatively easy to discern the relative approximate age of the author.
Come to think of it, why do you seem to be offended? Wasn't my intention; just being observant.
Most retired people went to school before schools went down the crapper and started teaching social nonsense instead of the basics of education.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67rstbkt View Post
Is this car really that loud? Even set to "Track" on the NPP exhaust it sounds very tame to me. I don't rev it up and drive slowly through my neighborhood, but I got this nice letter from an individual who did not include a name or return address. I most definitely do not live in a retirement community, so not sure where that comes from. What say you?
After re-reading the letter, part of their complaint is their belief you have "upgraded your exhaust" and that it is "unnecessarily loud"....You should get the word out that your exhaust is legal, stock, factory and not modified.

Sorry, but you can't make it any quieter. If they want to pass the hat and buy you an acceptable replacement car, that may be something you will consider...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #64
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
I am 57, dont consider myself old and loves the sound of a high power american V-8. My 5th gen has headers and american thunder axle backs, so it is a little noisy but fortuntately my neighbor is a car nut as well and does not mind. If i could both of my cars would sound like a nascar camaro!
Old 08-18-2018, 12:41 PM   #65
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
The only way to make it quieter is to block/remove the NPP openings completely, lol.

My SS makes way less noise than my Duramax did, even with the fuse pulled, so my neighbours are happier, lol

I might try the stealth mode start, but I thought the NPP valves were vacuum controlled?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #66
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
The only way to make it quieter is to block/remove the NPP openings completely, lol.

My SS makes way less noise than my Duramax did, even with the fuse pulled, so my neighbours are happier, lol

I might try the stealth mode start, but I thought the NPP valves were vacuum controlled?

6th gen NPP is electrically controlled.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #67
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post

.....and Stealth mode won't work with the fuse pulled. NPP valves stay open all the time.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #68
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
most of the diesel trucks around where i live have the loudest most obnoxious exhaust... they are modified to be loud at all rpm levels, at least the Camaro u have to get on it.

oh, and my neighbor's 70 year old dad with the Harley straight pipes...cuz he needs it like that.

if your not modded and don't get on it in the hood, then well, it's their problem.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #69
brap999

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Someone’s always going to complain about something, no point in trying to appease everyone. If your car doesn’t move for days they complain, if it moves and it’s too loud they complain, they complain because they think you’re going over 25 just because your car looks fast.

If your car is stock and not modified then there is nothing wrong with it and there’s nothing they can do about it anyway.

And to the guy that wanted to know ages, i’m 39.
1998 Dodge Viper GTS
1972 Pontiac GTO
1963 Chevy C10 short bed, T5, 350, lowered
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:41 PM   #70
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Let em call the cops. Then send them a bill at $300.00/hr for your wasted time when the cops tell them there’s nothing wrong. Then hopefully the city sends them a bill for wasting their time too.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote