Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #57
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
thanks for sharing those photos. the cover over the rear seats looks like it would be great to keep things settled that you drop on the back seat; shopping bags, etc.
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #58
Quinlan00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenshift View Post
I bought the wind screen but I have not used it. I guess I am too stupid to figure out how to unfold it. To unfold it feels like I would break it. How do you do it?
Hmm I don't remember it being difficult to unfold--it only unfolds one direction at a time. Look at the instructions I'm sure they will help.
Quinlan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #59
RallyHT

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Conv V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSHYBOY View Post
RallyHT...
I was "tempted" but didn't see how it attached.. Can you post a picture or two of how it attaches? Also; key question as it is not inexpensive... Would you buy it again?

That flat folded package "may" fit under the top when the top is down and not take up more trunk space. I have a California duster that fits next to the top on the drivers side and takes up no extra trunk room.
I have not taken it out and testing it yet, however, I can tell from hitting the freeway last night this is is going to be a very desirable accessory. It is a little tough to test at 113 degrees .

I picked up my car yesterday. I dropped the top at 9:30 pm - still 103 degrees outside. I did not have the windscreen. My wife had some papers in pocket in her door. They decided they wanted to take flight. So did her empty water bottle.

So today I will test the windscreen, but wanted to answer the above with some pictures.

Can you post a picture or two of how it attaches?

There are two holes behind the passenger and driver's seats. Two pins go into those holes. There are two small arms that fold out and lay on the back seat seat belts.

That flat folded package "may" fit under the top when the top is down and not take up more trunk space

There appears to be about 8.5" with the top down. The folded up windscreen is about 4". Yes, it should fit.

Also; key question as it is not inexpensive... Would you buy it again?

Happy wife, happy life. I will let you know more once I have used it, but I can already tell it is something to be seriously considered. Yes, I hate paying $400+ for some plastic. But I guess to enhance my $50K car it is not that much in the whole scheme of things.

If you are just visiting this thread for the first time, back up a page and look at Quinlan00's pictures too.
Attached Images

Order Help on Camaro6
RallyHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #60
Zachary_norton

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2Lt Convertible
Im going to be picking up my 17 2SS vert in a few days.
On Order: Order# TMJPM2, 4300, Tpw 06/20/2016 2SS Bright Yellow Convertible, Black Rally Stripe, Jet black, 5 Split Spoke Bright Sliver Painted Wheels, Nav, A8, MRC, NPP, Winter/Summer Floor Mats Pkg, Illuminated FootWells, Embodied Center Console Lid, Convertible windscreen.
Zachary_norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:36 AM   #61
RallyHT

The Windscreen - below are some pictures from today with the windscreen in place.

OK, so I am on record for stating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyHT View Post
Do I think it is worth $550 - no way.
And

Quote:
I have not taken it out and testing it yet, however, I can tell from hitting the freeway last night this is is going to be a very desirable accessory. Yes, I hate paying $400+ for some plastic. But I guess to enhance my $50K car it is not that much in the whole scheme of things.
So I spent over 150 miles with the windscreen today. Most of that was with the top down. But it was aso important to keep it in place and see how it fared with the top up.

To sum things up, yes, I really like the windscreen. I don't like paying a lot of money for something made of plastic. I guess if they had machined it out of aircraft aluminum, added an electronic retraction option, and lower the price $300, I would be happier. But my wife told me to tell all of you she thinks it is 'fantastic'.

So let me qualify that statement above. The windscreen performs very well at speeds lower than 50 mph. Above 50 mph, it is dependent on any crosswind as to its effectiveness. For the most part, the windscreen helps greatly. It is easy to look through the mesh in the review mirror. In fact, just leaving it in place with the top up also does not hamper visibility greatly, although somewhat.

So do I like it?
Yes

Would I buy it again? Yes

Do I think the parts and engineering that went into it are worth $400 - $550? No. But there is no alternative and this unit performs well. So I would buy it again if I had to do over again.

Now where can I find over $200 laying around to buy that 50th anniversary console cover...
Attached Images

Order Help on Camaro6
Old 07-17-2016, 01:15 AM   #62
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
The Windscreen - below are some pictures from today with the windscreen in place.

OK, so I am on record for stating:

And

So I spent over 150 miles with the windscreen today. Most of that was with the top down. But it was aso important to keep it in place and see how it fared with the top up.

To sum things up, yes, I really like the windscreen. I don't like paying a lot of money for something made of plastic. I guess if they had machined it out of aircraft aluminum, added an electronic retraction option, and lower the price $300, I would be happier. But my wife told me to tell all of you she thinks it is 'fantastic'.

So let me qualify that statement above. The windscreen performs very well at speeds lower than 50 mph. Above 50 mph, it is dependent on any crosswind as to its effectiveness. For the most part, the windscreen helps greatly. It is easy to look through the mesh in the review mirror. In fact, just leaving it in place with the top up also does not hamper visibility greatly, although somewhat.

So do I like it?
Yes

Would I buy it again? Yes

Do I think the parts and engineering that went into it are worth $400 - $550? No. But there is no alternative and this unit performs well. So I would buy it again if I had to do over again.

Now where can I find over $200 laying around to buy that 50th anniversary console cover...
Great Pics and Review!

Console Cover...?
I know who ...can make that happen..
....We Have them .....

MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet.......

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1190
Size:  53.9 KB

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:42 PM   #63
bobbygonzalez21

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible (RS)
Name:  20160717_182214.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  252.5 KB

The only picture I have so far, but I really love the way the Kalahari came out.
bobbygonzalez21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:43 AM   #64
RallyHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygonzalez21 View Post
Attachment 808725

The only picture I have so far, but I really love the way the Kalahari came out.
More pics please (including interior)!

I was torn between what you have (with white rally stripes) and I what I ended up ordering. I know that is a sweet combo and the only 2LT vert like that I have seen online.

Nice car!!!!

Order Help on Camaro6
Old 07-18-2016, 06:37 AM   #65
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I was on the mustang forums the other day reading a thread in the "versus" forum. It was about the convertibles. I explained that I wish Camaro had more interior storage (and that ford did well with the mustang's interior as far as storage goes), and then I went on to explain that I think the mustang would look even better with a hard tonneau cover of some kind. I said all verts would look better with a hard tonneau.

One guy basically told me to get off the forum because he didn't want to hear about Camaros. Then another guy told that guy to go find another thread because he likes hearing other's opinions.

So I asked the general questions "What don't you like about the top operation of the 2016 Camaro convertibles?"

Waiting for an answer - it will be interesting to hear the general opinion. Most of them seem to think the way the top operates is a "clusterf***". Some said that the "must operate top at 30mph or less" factor is a "solution looking for a problem".

Like I said, it will be interesting to hear the opinions.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:17 PM   #66
sbourne

Drives: 2016 SS Camaro Convertible Red
I have 500 miles on my 2016 SS Vert. I just added the windscreen yesterday. Expensive (my dealer gave it to me for just under $400) but it is well-made and it's cool the way it says "CAMARO" on the back. At highway speeds I consider it a must. The car drives like a dream. I have no issues at all. Top opens and closes well. No noise or rubbing parts. (I checked that carefully at the dealership before taking delivery.) The car exhibits no cowl flex at all. It's rock solid. The only other vert I've ever driven that has such a solid feel is the Jaguar F-Type. I do want to know one thing (sorry if this is dumb) it appears that the key fob will put the top down (even if you're not sitting in the car - which is very cool) I tried that and it works. But it doesn't seem to put it back up. I am wondering if I am missing something or Chevy designed it this way. In any event, if you want a convertible pound-for-pound, dollar-for-dollar, the Camaro competes with the European cars and costs lots less. I am super happy I pulled the trigger. BTW I get tons of waves and smiles from people every time I drive it.
Magnetic Selective Ride Control
Radio With Infotainment and Connectivity and Navigation
Transmission, Automatic w/ Overdrive
Performance Exhaust - Black Bowties - Front Fascia
Foot Well Lighting Package - Painted Splash Guards
Accessory Floor Mats- Premium - Red Knee Pads
Cargo Net - Battery Protection Package
Wheel, 20" Aluminum, 5 Spoke, Low Gloss Black
Fender Hash Decal Package - Windscreen
sbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:33 PM   #67
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
I'm pretty certain I read here that you cannot put the top back up with the fob, just down.
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:41 PM   #68
RallyHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawk823 View Post
I'm pretty certain I read here that you cannot put the top back up with the fob, just down.
That is correct.

Order Help on Camaro6
Old 07-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #69
sbourne

Drives: 2016 SS Camaro Convertible Red
Pics of my convertible

Here is a contact sheet full of pics of my vert...
Attached Images

Magnetic Selective Ride Control
Radio With Infotainment and Connectivity and Navigation
Transmission, Automatic w/ Overdrive
Performance Exhaust - Black Bowties - Front Fascia
Foot Well Lighting Package - Painted Splash Guards
Accessory Floor Mats- Premium - Red Knee Pads
Cargo Net - Battery Protection Package
Wheel, 20" Aluminum, 5 Spoke, Low Gloss Black
Fender Hash Decal Package - Windscreen
sbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:16 AM   #70
RallyHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbourne View Post
Here is a contact sheet full of pics of my vert...
Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Order Help on Camaro6