Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
jeep_junkie

Drives: 2000 Trans Am M6
Angry Anybody else in GM warranty hell??

I took my 2018 SS 1LE in to the dealer in early October to have the clutch replaced under warranty. After tearing the car apart, they proceeded to inform me that it could be a while before replacement parts are received because of the then ongoing UAW strike. Fast forward weeks later, the strike is over, but the car is still waiting on some hardware (they already have the clutch and T/O bearing, etc) before they can put it back together and troubleshoot an unrelated transmission issue that needs to be sorted out. I keep getting the same answer that there's a backlog of shipments that they need to work through before the parts for my car are received but nobody knows when that's going to happen. I am really sick of the lack of transparency - apparently this issue cannot be escalated and nobody's ass is on the line for failing to deliver the customer's car within a reasonable time frame. The car has literally not moved from where they put it after pulling the transmission and clutch out for over a month and a half. Does anybody here know how I can shake them out of their slumber and get them to finish working on my car?? They gave me a loaner Suburban but it's a far cry from the 1LE I am making payments on while it rots in the service lot.

EDIT: @BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy, can you help?
Old 11-25-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
they are telling the truth. everything you just posted is how it is. you're not alone. there is over a month worth of backlogged parts to be shipped all over the country.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Take it straight to GM and shove it in their ass and have them tell you what they are going to do for you. They put themselves in this situation.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:26 PM   #4
JCunningham

and after you have done that you will wonder what you could have done with the time wasted. I wouldn't recommend being a dick to your dealer. That will just make it worse. Its not there fault.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 11-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I know several people that work at different dealerships and they are telling you the truth like JCunningham replied to your post. There are a lot of GM vehicles waiting for repair parts all over the country that they can’t get yet because of the strike.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:29 PM   #6
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
I had to source a part off ebay myself to get my car fixed. I wasn't waiting. I didn't have to pay for it either.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #7
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
You can call GM Customer Service. They will assign you a Senior Advisor who will contact the regional service expert. The regional service expert will see of the dealership service tech needs help. The senior advisor is required to call you every 2 business days. You don't have to deal with the dealer after that, the senior advisor will contact the service tech and check the computer for updates.

If they have given you a loaner car though, they aren't required to do anything else. But the advisor will take over the contacting the dealer. And a Suburban is WAY better than the 4 cyl Pontiac they gave me as a loaner.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:46 PM   #8
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Does the car fit the Lemon Law? 3 times / 30 days in the shop? Unsure of your state. Mine was and nearly sold it back to them.

Chevy corporate may pay your car payment as well...do a search for situations similar to yours. I got one month car payment...
Old 11-25-2019, 10:53 PM   #9
JCunningham

yes they mite make your payment
Old 11-26-2019, 01:06 AM   #10
chaospiece

Drives: 2018 SS, 2016 GT
Lemon law it or have them make a payment. I was in the same situation .
chaospiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:29 AM   #11
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Man this hurts hot rod shop owners as well. No parts available, I feel you the anxiety is real. I haven't heard news of the strike in a few days, what's up?
Old 11-26-2019, 06:14 AM   #12
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Does the car fit the Lemon Law? 3 times / 30 days in the shop? Unsure of your state. Mine was and nearly sold it back to them.

Chevy corporate may pay your car payment as well...do a search for situations similar to yours. I got one month car payment...
The reason has nothing to do with the car. The delay is part availability due to the strike. I don't see a lemon case here. The part could show up today.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:25 AM   #13
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The 3 phase cam shaft on Mrs. Number 3s XT4 failed. After 29 days we got the car back with a new engine because cam shaft parts weren’t available. Not sure if the timing was lemon law based or not.

We had an XT4 loaner the whole time but they still made a lease payment and extended the OnStar/XM 1 month.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:25 AM   #14
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Yeah it does suck but at least yo have a rental car. My 2017 Camaro RS with the shuddering A8 tranny issue was at the dealership just sitting there in line to be worked on for a new torque converter for a month but they would not give me a rental car. That was even more frustrating. I end up getting rid of the car as I knew the A8 was just a plain bad tranny, hearing it from my Service Advisor how many vehicles had the problem and waiting in line for a flush or new converter. I now have a 6 speed manual, love it. But yes the strike was a very bad thing and it will be a while before parts back log is caught up. Hang in there- the Camaro is a great car- way better than Mustang.