Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-03-2019, 12:24 PM   #71
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
This looks great, taking in the cooler air at the top verses at the lower grill.

Will this work with the OEM air intake?
I see the instructions has a Roto-Fab.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #72
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Did you get your Tetris piece seated going through the top today as you had hoped, like 6SHB did? Additional thoughts??
Hey driven2exceSS, I didn’t get to this as another vehicle needed some attention. Hopefully today I’ll get to the install and be posting feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
This looks great, taking in the cooler air at the top verses at the lower grill.

Will this work with the OEM air intake?
I see the instructions has a Roto-Fab.
Hi OVRKLL, I’ll find that out once I go to install because I pulled the Rotofab to get a log with stock OEM CAI.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #73
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Intake air temps get blasted to ambient REAL quick. Data logged for a few hrs yesterday and today. Very satisfied.

This should work with any oem or other intake
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #74
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Hey driven2exceSS, I didn’t get to this as another vehicle needed some attention. Hopefully today I’ll get to the install and be posting feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Intake air temps get blasted to ambient REAL quick. Data logged for a few hrs yesterday and today. Very satisfied.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:18 PM   #75
Trochoidal

Quote:

6SHB, how many pounds of boost did you get? Ha ha ha ha! Good feedback. My yesterday project ended up going into today so I’ll have to play Tetris another day.

Are you Roto-Fab’d or equivalent?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 11-03-2019, 04:22 PM   #76
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Hi OVRKLL, I’ll find that out once I go to install because I pulled the Rotofab to get a log with stock OEM CAI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue

very much!
Old 11-03-2019, 09:37 PM   #77
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Factory Chevy performance cai. I’m familiar with the rotofab, should work nicely hooking up to the duct
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:18 PM   #78
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
My yesterday project ended up going into today so I’ll have to play Tetris another day.
Did you get to your install finally?? Thoughts??
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:55 PM   #79
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Factory Chevy performance cai. I’m familiar with the rotofab, should work nicely hooking up to the duct
I'm glad you vetted this thing with the gm cai with good results on the iat's, I have the gm cai and just ordered one of a Facebook group buy for 147$.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #80
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Did you get to your install finally?? Thoughts??
Hey Driven...no it didn’t happen yet. I’ve been giving the winter ride a lot of attention, including this weekend. I’m anxious to get it installed and add my two cents to what 6SHB posted.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #81
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Hey Driven...no it didn’t happen yet. I’ve been giving the winter ride a lot of attention, including this weekend. I’m anxious to get it installed and add my two cents to what 6SHB posted.
Did anyone log before/after boost and do you have temp logs and/or MAF logs before after? Just wanting to see if it allows a boost increase or not.
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:06 AM   #82
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I’m interested to see how people like this and is it really sucking up bugs int your air box ?
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #83
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Why couldn't Chevy just make a grill with a handle and hinges, so the grill can swing open like a door for easy access to the air blocker. They knew we would eventually want get to the blocker.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #84
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Anyone think this will work with a V6 or 2.0T grille?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote