Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #43
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
We have designed a "ram air" piece that fit's in that location. We will be releasing it soon.
How much HP with stock airbox?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #44
DaggerMouth

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I removed mine today. Went through the top of the radiator cover by removing the hood latch. You will need a ratchet wrench or patience to remove the latch bolts. Took about 45 mins to do everything. The plastic piece the clips go into is also pretty flexible so it is kind of a tight fit but it will come out with some wiggling.
Attached Images

DaggerMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #45
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Some better pictures of the GT4.R intake setup that I took this past weekend:
Attached Images

Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:17 PM   #46
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaggerMouth View Post
I removed mine today. Went through the top of the radiator cover by removing the hood latch. You will need a ratchet wrench or patience to remove the latch bolts. Took about 45 mins to do everything. The plastic piece the clips go into is also pretty flexible so it is kind of a tight fit but it will come out with some wiggling.
Nice. Added to the list
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #47
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Thanks Daggermouth, completed removal tonight. Debating trimming front part, which is blocking air path and leaving side as it "may" help direct air to the radiator...
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:15 AM   #48
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Anyone have a tuner device to log before/after MAF flow (g/s) and perhaps STFT, LTFT and knock? Just curious if this is helping at all.
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #49
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I don't know why an air inlet would directly be blocked hindering performance in such a basic way. Look at Dodge Chall. they put an aggressive unobstructed hole right in middle of the inside headlamp for a clean flow of air. Makes know *%#$% sense to me. Please excuse my %^&#&% bad language.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #50
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I will help make everyone's life easier here - download the ECS / Vortech supercharger install instructions as it will guide you how to get to the pieces and remove them. It is actually quite easy

On the ECS blower they instruct you to take all of it out and run without it
Old 10-07-2019, 10:01 PM   #51
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Has anyone tried this approach? Before installing maybe address the possible water collection with a drain hole, barb fitting and a hose. For that matter, maybe just a drain hole.

https://www.velossatechdesign.com/pr...intake-snorkel

Install instructions:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...Design.pdf?432

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:30 PM   #52
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
That looks like a great idea. Has anyone tried one of these? If you can install without removing the bumper, (it kind of looks like you can) I'm sold on this
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:15 AM   #53
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
That looks like a great idea. Has anyone tried one of these? If you can install without removing the bumper, (it kind of looks like you can) I'm sold on this
No,..instructions say remove bumper
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:05 AM   #54
Booher

When the directions said to put the bumper on the ground, I assumed that meant take it off, my bad.

Get access to the area shown below by removing the top screws and wheel well screws of the bumper enough so that it can sit on the ground. Using a jack on the driver’s side is suggested since it helps the bumper sit lower.

Update: I emailed the guy, he confirmed, this is one of his only parts that you dont have to remove the bumper. Also, in the directions, I didnt see the crash bar re installed in the pics so asked about that as well. It goes back in, it just isnt in the final pics. I'm gonna order one tomorrow I think and give it a shot. They look pretty big in the ford cars, so they have alot of reviews. From what I can see, rain isnt a big deal, but you will suck up bugs into your airbox. Maybe that's what the plastic cover was originally for?

Last edited by Booher; 10-08-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #55
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
When the directions said to put the bumper on the ground, I assumed that meant take it off, my bad.

Get access to the area shown below by removing the top screws and wheel well screws of the bumper enough so that it can sit on the ground. Using a jack on the driver’s side is suggested since it helps the bumper sit lower.

Update: I emailed the guy, he confirmed, this is one of his only parts that you dont have to remove the bumper. Also, in the directions, I didnt see the crash bar re installed in the pics so asked about that as well. It goes back in, it just isnt in the final pics. I'm gonna order one tomorrow I think and give it a shot. They look pretty big in the ford cars, so they have alot of reviews. From what I can see, rain isnt a big deal, but you will suck up bugs into your airbox. Maybe that's what the plastic cover was originally for?

So...is you is, or is you ain't saying this can be done without removing the bumper? Also looks like the scoop might be blocking one of the auxilliary radiators. Is that true? Not sure if that would effect engine cooling.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:00 PM   #56
Booher

The directions show the bumper on the ground, but the person that made it says you can do it without taking it off. The verbage in the directions weren't exactly clear. That's why I posted a paragraph from it. It is only covering the heat exchanger a little, at least from what I can tell from the picture, and i dont think that little bit would effect much at all. I dont have it in my hands yet, I'm going to order it, probably friday and find out and get some hands on experience.