Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-18-2016, 06:20 PM   #15
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes sir, I do them pretty regularly and the process is exactly the same as previous years.
Sorry I did not clarify... Have you been doing E85 flex tunes yet?
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:24 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Sorry I did not clarify... Have you been doing E85 flex tunes yet?
I understood what you meant, Flex fuel conversion Yes.

Understand the the higher the ethanol content the more power you can make but also lowers the Power ceiling based on what the current fuel system can supply.

So there may be a small advantage when the car is stock but as you add parts you will run out of fuel supply at a lower HP than on Gasoline.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #17
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
I understood what you meant, Flex fuel conversion Yes.

Understand the the higher the ethanol content the more power you can make but also lowers the Power ceiling based on what the current fuel system can supply.

So there may be a small advantage when the car is stock but as you add parts you will run out of fuel supply at a lower HP than on Gasoline.

Ted.
I plan on doing full catless exhaust with longtubes and ported stock intake manifold on top of my cai and PTB. May even buy a drum of e98 for another small advantage at the track. Guessing that will be ~460 rwhp range when on E through the auto. Will the fuel supply handle that?
Old 11-19-2016, 09:01 AM   #18
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I plan on doing full catless exhaust with longtubes and ported stock intake manifold on top of my cai and PTB. May even buy a drum of e98 for another small advantage at the track. Guessing that will be ~460 rwhp range when on E through the auto. Will the fuel supply handle that?
We know the stock fuel system can handle 560 RWHP on Gasoline and it takes 30% more fuel by volume to burn 100% Ethanol which drops your RWHP numbers to around 400 Wheel.

I would expect you to reach your goal on around E-75

Ted.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:16 PM   #19
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
We know the stock fuel system can handle 560 RWHP on Gasoline and it takes 30% more fuel by volume to burn 100% Ethanol which drops your RWHP numbers to around 400 Wheel.

I would expect you to reach your goal on around E-75

Ted.
Wow sounds very close.

What's the first stage in extra fueling that could give me a bit more ?
Old 11-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #20
Frank S 3553
2SS,MRC,NPP,

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
2016 model year
Hi ted how long (miles) should i wait before mods. LT,MSD. CAI and a Tune from you on a SCT.
Thanks in advance.
Frank S 3553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:30 AM   #21
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Is that 560rwhp from a supercharged car?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:43 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Wow sounds very close.

What's the first stage in extra fueling that could give me a bit more ?
I would focus on power upgrade parts first, Bang for the buck if you will, our 460 RWHP package for instance.

Fuel system upgrades are very expensive pump and injectors can easily exceed 4K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank S 3553 View Post
Hi ted how long (miles) should i wait before mods. LT,MSD. CAI and a Tune from you on a SCT.
Thanks in advance.
There is no wait time as far as the car goes just a decision you have to make on your own terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Is that 560rwhp from a supercharged car?
Remember the amount of fuel we can burn in the combustion chamber determines HP the engine can make.

It takes 1/2 a lb. of fuel per hour to make 1 HP.

There is a slight difference in Peak HP NA VS Supercaharged due to AFR we run for each.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Let me refresh this info just a bit,

I am currently at 575 RWHP with our Fuel pump voltage booster at 10 psi boost and custom tuning.

The High fuel pressure is still holding at 2200 psi.

Ted.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:08 PM   #24
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Howdy Ted,
What software are you all using, I assume HP Tuners. This is what I know and want to ensure that I understand the new Gen 6 ECM. The new system is TQ based so everything we learned with pre Gen 6 does not apply. The E78 and E39 ECM use a new torque based control structure that is similar to systems used by Ford and Dodge. This is a significant change in the way the ECM processes inputs, performs internal calculations and also controls the engine outputs such as throttle, spark and fuel. This leads to a more integrated and streamlined control process, however, it also means a change in thinking for many tuners.
I was the first A8 build with several mods and working with ADM to get the holy grail tune. We started out with what was known and I would say there have been at least 10 tunes on my car tweaking each one. The biggest one for me is driveabilty for any street hot rod. Being a TQ based system (right foot) have you had any issues on the low end. Seems like I get it right on the low end and not quite acceptable for high end and vice versa. Have you or any of yer customers seen this? Thanks!

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #25
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
Howdy Ted,
What software are you all using, I assume HP Tuners. This is what I know and want to ensure that I understand the new Gen 6 ECM. The new system is TQ based so everything we learned with pre Gen 6 does not apply. The E78 and E39 ECM use a new torque based control structure that is similar to systems used by Ford and Dodge. This is a significant change in the way the ECM processes inputs, performs internal calculations and also controls the engine outputs such as throttle, spark and fuel. This leads to a more integrated and streamlined control process, however, it also means a change in thinking for many tuners.
I was the first A8 build with several mods and working with ADM to get the holy grail tune. We started out with what was known and I would say there have been at least 10 tunes on my car tweaking each one. The biggest one for me is driveabilty for any street hot rod. Being a TQ based system (right foot) have you had any issues on the low end. Seems like I get it right on the low end and not quite acceptable for high end and vice versa. Have you or any of yer customers seen this? Thanks!
Howdy,

I use SCT and HPtuners for tuning GM vehicles.

You are correct, the thought process is a little different.

I already bring a wealth of experience since I have worked with Torque based computers since 2007 in the Cobalt, Solstice, and GM 6.0 trucks since 2010, and this E-92 since 2012.

The transition for me has been pretty smooth for the most part.

We have no issues getting them to drive right.

Ted.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #26
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Ted,

What is the expected effect of altitude (5000 ft) using a RotoFab CAI and tune in a NA engine? Is the same percentage in delta gain to be expected, more or less? Does a CAI usually help more or less at altitude vs sea level?

Thanks again for your valuable contribution.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #27
JANNETTYRACING

The delta power gains will be the same, regardless of altitude.

Ted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Ted,

What is the expected effect of altitude (5000 ft) using a RotoFab CAI and tune in a NA engine? Is the same percentage in delta gain to be expected, more or less? Does a CAI usually help more or less at altitude vs sea level?

Thanks again for your valuable contribution.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #28
JANNETTYRACING

We are now tuning 2017 models with HPtuners 3.4

Ted.