Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Cadillac Ats Brembo install issues

Hey guys! Looking for some answers to some problems I'm having fitting a set of brakes on my 17 Camaro. I have a set of 4-piston Brembos from an ATS to be swapped into my car. First issue, I bought 13.6" rotors from research on the forums saying I need to upgrade from my 12.6" stockers. The bigger rotors don't fit but the stock rotors are the perfect size. Just ordered a set of stock rotors so that's an easy fix.

Second, I went with the bigger caliper bolts from the ss camaro and they're about 2 washers size too long and hit the back of the rotor. Stock bolts are about 2mm too small. Just going to washer up my new longer bolts to the proper length. Another easy fix.

ss Bolts

Stock bolts (about 3 threads short)

Still have a set of ss brake lines that are supposed to be longer but don't think I'll need em. My question is that are the ss brembos different from the ATS brembos? I was under the assumption they both were the same calipers. I want to do a write up for the forum and want to get my information straight. Really surprised from all my research that these aren't bolting right up.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
That's cool. So then there's ATS stock kit which I assume you are kitting at a big discount, a fitted zzp 13.6 kit which I have no reason to think its not a direct fit, and ss fit which would be good to see. don't forget to look at the rim size.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote