Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-08-2020, 10:36 PM   #1
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
Winter Rims

My problem started when my dealership wanted to rotate my aftermarket winter tire &rims 3 weeks ago. That was a huge mistake, because the mechanic didn't know how to put the hub- centric rings back onto the rims correctly. After about a week of driving I had a very bad vibration on the right front side. So I decided to just take the tires off and put the all season"s back on. What I found where 4 loose lugs and one over tighten badly which cause the wheel to slightly wobble on the Hub. Tire Rack was nice to send me 4 new aluminum centric rings. The size of the rings are 79.5, outside diameter and the hub size is 66.9. What I want to know is, can I use these plastic rings there size is 79.5 outside but the hub size is 70.1 that's as close as I can match them? The picture here is of the right front hub and as you can see the Mark's on the hub from the loose wheel hitting the hub.
Attached Images

Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:58 PM   #2
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
My problem started when my dealership wanted to rotate my aftermarket winter tire &rims 3 weeks ago. That was a huge mistake, because the mechanic didn't know how to put the hub- centric rings back onto the rims correctly. After about a week of driving I had a very bad vibration on the right front side. So I decided to just take the tires off and put the all season"s back on. What I found where 4 loose lugs and one over tighten badly which cause the wheel to slightly wobble on the Hub. Tire Rack was nice to send me 4 new aluminum centric rings. The size of the rings are 79.5, outside diameter and the hub size is 66.9. What I want to know is, can I use these plastic rings there size is 79.5 outside but the hub size is 70.1 that's as close as I can match them? The picture here is of the right front hub and as you can see the Mark's on the hub from the loose wheel hitting the hub.
I'm lost, from what I'm gathering:

Stock Hub (on car) = 66.9
Hubcentric Rings = 79.5
Aftermarket Wheel Hub = 70.1

If so then I'd say your Hubcentric Rings are a bit too large...
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:20 AM   #3
Bob RS

If anybody else here can confirm this who are using (Axis) aftermarket rims sold from tire rack, tire size of tire is 245/45/19. Tire Rack did confirm to use a 79.5 centric ring for this rim make out of aluminum to fit the Camaro hub that is 66.9. Is anybody else using this size of centric ring for this rim? Tire Rack told me you can just press them in with your fingers, 'well' no I can't. I need to tap them in lightly with a mallet. The plastic rings outside diameter size to fit the outside diameter of the inside rim is 79.5 but the inside diameter of the ring is 70.1 to fit the Camaro's hub that's 66.9.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:02 AM   #4
Bob RS

After careful consideration I know that the 79.5- 70.1 won't work, been in contact with wheel installers here in Pittsburgh, so going with 79.5- 67.1. They showed me that the 00.2 difference is so small and the fit on the Camaro's hub is nice and tight. Sorry for some of the confusion here ,but I'm not an expert here in this field. Thanks for your input.