Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
legbuh

Drives: 13camaroZL1v,06 911, 18 StingerGT2
New to me 13 ZL1 Triple Black "Sinister" Camaro

Well, I did it. Pulled the trigger and picked up this beauty yesterday.

2013 Triple Black Camaro ZL1 6-Speed Manual Convertible.

I call it "Mr. Sinister" (from X-Men of course) since I found the original add for it and it was called "Sinister black".

http://www.2040-cars.com/Chevrolet/C...6-spd--209682/

29k miles, I am the 3rd owner (but the carfax shows 6 as it was shuffled around to dealers a lot).

Pic of her just getting home:
https://imgur.com/a/OM9hPkp

Waiting for a rainy day to cut and buff it then seal it up with some Rejex.

Paint is in great shape. Minor swirling.. a lot less than I would expect. The only thing missing seems to be the tonneau cover for the top and stock airbox (there is a K&N CAI installed).

The dealership put it on a lift for me to look under it. Super clean underneath. No rust, leaks, etc.

They did put a new battery in too as the old one seemed pretty weak.

She's fun and joins the stable of my mostly German cars. 06 911, 13 Golf R, 64 Beetle and 97 Miata ("the wife's").

She's fun. I need to figure out the track modes as I feel like there should be some more get up and go. Lots of learning to do yet.

legbuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #2
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Drives: 13' ZL1
Wink Congrats!

Congratulation! Now let the modding begin!!
Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:38 PM   #3
Ls_Camaro

Drives: A Vette
Congratulations enjoy the car!
Ls_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:57 PM   #4
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black, 2015 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by legbuh View Post
Well, I did it. Pulled the trigger and picked up this beauty yesterday.

2013 Triple Black Camaro ZL1 6-Speed Manual Convertible.

I call it "Mr. Sinister" (from X-Men of course) since I found the original add for it and it was called "Sinister black".

http://www.2040-cars.com/Chevrolet/C...6-spd--209682/

29k miles, I am the 3rd owner (but the carfax shows 6 as it was shuffled around to dealers a lot).

Pic of her just getting home:
https://imgur.com/a/OM9hPkp

Waiting for a rainy day to cut and buff it then seal it up with some Rejex.

Paint is in great shape. Minor swirling.. a lot less than I would expect. The only thing missing seems to be the tonneau cover for the top and stock airbox (there is a K&N CAI installed).

The dealership put it on a lift for me to look under it. Super clean underneath. No rust, leaks, etc.

They did put a new battery in too as the old one seemed pretty weak.

She's fun and joins the stable of my mostly German cars. 06 911, 13 Golf R, 64 Beetle and 97 Miata ("the wife's").

She's fun. I need to figure out the track modes as I feel like there should be some more get up and go. Lots of learning to do yet.

Beautiful car. Welcome to the all-black lovers, although mine is not a vert.
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:53 PM   #5
leemozoid

Drives: '15 Silverado LTZ & '13 ZL1 ragtop
I've owned my 2013 GBA convertible for three years now. She's been a blast to drive. One thing you'll discover, you only have two performance modes. Traction Control Off (first button push) and Stabilitrak Off (both/2nd button push). Third push turns them back on. No "10 second" push and hold for us. GM engineers "assumed" the convertible wasn't going to be used in the same roles as the coupe so we got screwed in the PTM department.

Now shoo that rain out of there and go have some topless fun!
HP tune, Kooks 1 7/8" LT w/ cat deletes, FIC 1300 inj, E85, GPI SS3 blower cam, Fore Innovations Gen 5 dual pump module with twin TI Automotive 430 lph E85 compatible pumps, Lingenfelter 10 bolt 2.55" upper/9.17" lower pulleys, AFCO triple pass intercooler with dual fans, Killer Chiller interchiller, B3R insulated expansion tank, full BMR rear drag cradle and suspension, DSS one piece driveshaft and Stage 5 billet axle shafts, Rotofab CAI, reinforced brick, Devil's Own progressive methanol injection, FTI 9.5" billet lock up Street Racer torque converter, 3200 rpm stall, triple clutch.
leemozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #6
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemozoid View Post
I've owned my 2013 GBA convertible for three years now. She's been a blast to drive. One thing you'll discover, you only have two performance modes. Traction Control Off (first button push) and Stabilitrak Off (both/2nd button push). Third push turns them back on. No "10 second" push and hold for us. GM engineers "assumed" the convertible wasn't going to be used in the same roles as the coupe so we got screwed in the PTM department.

Now shoo that rain out of there and go have some topless fun!
Holding the button in for 10 seconds turns both the TC and stability off.

As long as you have a manual trans, you also have launch control. For launch control, come to a stop, push the clutch in and press the button twice QUICKLY.
You then slam the gas pedal to the floor quickly and hold it there. The engine will rev itself to a RPM determined by a few factors such as temp. Mine usually settles at around 3500 RPM.
You can then launch the car with lifting the clutch pedal quickly. This launch control mode also engages 'no lift shift' where you keep the pedal floored during all shifts. This allows the engine to keep the revs high during the shifting, keeping the engine in boost.

The use of launch control can be found in your owners manual, page 9-42.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:31 AM   #7
legbuh

Yep, I was looking for the modes the other day and noticed they were missing. did a search and found out the verts don't have em. Oh well, there are still touring, sport and 2 other "race" modes. Good enough for me. I haven't done a launch yet. But I will soon!
Old 05-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #8
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Nice car!

You'll love the SC whine especially after installing a new intake
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:35 AM   #9
legbuh

Well, I just set up bluetooth ID on the updated kenwood stereo system. It was "Big Mike's Whip" before... now it's "Mr. Sinister".

Whoever had it before (I'm hoping to get contact info from the dealer) wore a lot of cologne... and it smells wonderful in the car.. even my kids liked it. It is wearing off a little since I've been enjoying the top down.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:29 AM   #10
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Congrats on the ZL1 and when you're ready to start modding it hit us up. You'll find that the LSA platform is a blast to mod. We just made 50rwhp with nothing but a 2.5" pulley.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:07 AM   #11
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
Very nice

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote