Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #15
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Auto
After fine tuning by a real tuner lol
HPT
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:00 AM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Example.. not a 2650 but same will apply I have the 2650 on mine..

Wife has the 2300 LT Eforce she made 551 rwhp 570 TQ with a CAN tune totally stock on a mustang dyno Edelbrock stated 580 with a DYno jet so this was pretty accurate. Later we added rotofab and Headers then the SS made 580 rwhp and 599 TQ. I gave her my LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, and we added the DSX aux pump. Now she's up at 615hp 666TQ. from the numbers you can see that the hold back was fueling and now its a compression/octane problem combined with IATs. As we speak I'm doing a trunk tank for here not really to add power but so she can make the same power more consistently and to get rid of the cheap fill tank that constantly loses coolant. BTW the little fill reservoir that all the kits come with will do nothing for capacity and will go dry or at least cause air pockets and kill performance (A code will generally appear with IAT non correlation P0099) if you get that code check the supercharger coolant.

You ought to be 580 to 610 depending on dyno Edelbrock stated 609 hp but doesn't say rear wheel But I do remember talking to Nick who is now with Whipple saying that the 2650 got into the 600s with the a truck but they have bigger lids and cats didn't heat up as bad.

I know your not looking for all out but if it was me and knowing what kong porting can do not just for performance but for more efficiency I would send the blower to him to be ported, run a 103 TB, rotofab, lt4 injectors, lt4 HPFP, a JMS voltage blaster for the low side or the dsx pump and then do a cooling mod like a rear tank for extra capacity like the weaponX (if your wanting it to fit under the carpet) or just a universal one for 200 from PNR from jegs or summit.

Anyhow the porting and extra cooling capacity will take you long ways on 93 and power will not diminish when it get hots.

It makes sense to do the lt4 stuff now since the pump and injectors are exposed. If your not doing the work yourself that's 450 for R & R each time the blower is pulled. You could just buy the edelbrock straight from kong.

The List:

Lt4 injectors all with same part numbers or flow
LT4 HPFP
LT4 High pressure fuel lines less restrictive
LT4 Check valve from LPE ditch the oem
DSX Aux pump or take chances with SMG vacuum hobs setup or the JMS voltage booster

Not necessary but will make a huge difference

Kong porting
103 TB
Rotofab intake
headers
trunk reservoir for 5 gallons plus or the easier route 2.5 LPE front mount tank or cords front mount tank both mount on the front bumper.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:02 AM   #17
jamessh10

Drives: 2018 camaro 2SS
well i think i made up my mind.
here is the list:
2650 stock pulley, need advice on pulley setup.
full lt4 fuel system stg 2 from wildhammer (intank,injectors,hpfp,high pressure fuel line)
the kit says lt1 high pressure fuel line, I've heard you need to upgrade 2 hoses is this correct? the kit only comes with one.
debating on dsx aux pump or voltage booster
pd3 gpi blower cam 32% fuel lobe
dod delete
johnson lifters
trunnion upgrade
gpi complete drop in rods and pistons
258mm circle d 2800-3000
ported oem heads from GPI
mighty mouse wild catch can.
i didnt include the little stuff like trays, gaskets, and head bolts.

what else do i need?
pulley suggestions?
with the dsx and or voltage booster could i run full E?
im looking for about 800whp

dont grammar police me plz.
jamessh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:04 AM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
It sounds like you going big.. don't waste the money on the LT4 fuel parts and go port injection look up crawford racing I think his fuel system with holley ecu is 5k good to run full E to 1200 rwhp or more

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #19
jamessh10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
It sounds like you going big.. don't waste the money on the LT4 fuel parts and go port injection look up crawford racing I think his fuel system with holley ecu is 5k good to run full E to 1200 rwhp or more
i'd be happy with 750-800 i think that is a little much. idk i drive the car alot. i want reliability

Last edited by jamessh10; 06-22-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:49 AM   #20
jamessh10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
also, i dont want to deal with meth.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #21
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessh10 View Post
i'd be happy with 750-800 i think that is a little much. idk i drive the car alot. i want reliability
Modifying a car and the word reliable don't go together especially if you're out actually using all the power. Race, Repair, and Repeat. 750 to 8 is a pretty good stopping point before it gets too crazy. Any farther than that you might as well pull the transmission because that's your next weak link power train wise.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:31 AM   #22
Puddin

Quote:
also, i dont want to deal with meth.
He's talking about adding another set of injectors to the Edelbrock since it has spots for them molded into the blower itself. If your wanting to make big power that would be the way to go.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:34 AM   #23
jamessh10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Modifying a car and the word reliable don't go together especially if you're out actually using all the power. Race, Repair, and Repeat. 750 to 8 is a pretty good stopping point before it gets too crazy. Any farther than that you might as well pull the transmission because that's your next weak link power train wise.
no i agree thats why i was just going with full lt4 fueling
idk if i want a booster or drill a hole in my tank.
700-850 is really the max i want.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #24
jamessh10

Quote:
He's talking about adding another set of injectors to the Edelbrock since it has spots for them molded into the blower itself. If your wanting to make big power that would be the way to go.
yes i know that, but like i said that would be a little to crazy for what i do with the car.

idk how i couldnt make 700 on full lt4 fuel with a booster and a 32% fuel lobe.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:52 AM   #25
Puddin

Quote:
yes i know that, but like i said that would be a little to crazy for what i do with the car.

idk how i couldnt make 700 on full lt4 fuel with a booster and a 32% fuel lobe.
You can Jannetty Racings kit puts you at 700 or a little more and it's pretty much the same setup you're looking for and his uses the JMS booster. 800 might be asking a little much of the Lt4 system at that point I'd move to the Fic or Katech options.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:41 PM   #26
jamessh10

Quote:
You can Jannetty Racings kit puts you at 700 or a little more and it's pretty much the same setup you're looking for and his uses the JMS booster. 800 might be asking a little much of the Lt4 system at that point I'd move to the Fic or Katech options.
I think he uses a big ass fuel lobe in his cam tho