Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-23-2019, 04:20 PM   #57
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
I would be happy If they make a homologation for all the GM performance parts for the EU.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:05 PM   #58
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2018SS1LE View Post
Remove the 4cyl option
Remove the automatic option, especially on the 1LE
Please don't go hybrid!!!
What do you care if the LE has an automatic? Don't buy one if you don't like one. How bout only opt the LE on the ZL1? Lmao
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:41 PM   #59
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
A decent sunglass storage area, reduce the hard plastics, eliminate speaker rattle at volume, install a stereo / speakers worthy of the cars price, front camera that activates when you’re 2 ft away from object, paint protection film that actually protects the entire rear quarters, one touch convertible top up/down, removable and cleanable radiator / condenser protection screens, option to get leather steering wheel and shifter on ZL1 and 1le, an option to get a 1LE spoiler on regular SS or ZL1, an option to get a automatic convertible 1LE.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:50 PM   #60
carrmro

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro RS
Special Edition RS with a LGX 3.6 v6 twin turbo like the Cadillac.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carrmro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:59 AM   #61
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
A one trick pony drag version of the ZL to compete with Dodge. And a better quality dash panel that isn't prone to cracking. And the removal of the launch Nanny.

Last edited by 396ssrat; 04-24-2019 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Afterthought
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:48 AM   #62
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrmro View Post
Special Edition RS with a LGX 3.6 v6 twin turbo like the Cadillac.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
That motor would be the replacement for the LT1 in the SS or what would be the equivalent to the SS anyway . I do believe the SS goes away for the 7th gen Camaro .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:35 AM   #63
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
That motor would be the replacement for the LT1 in the SS or what would be the equivalent to the SS anyway . I do believe the SS goes away for the 7th gen Camaro .
Why do you think that? What trims do you suppose it will have?
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #64
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Get rid of the combustion engine, go full electric, add 26 inch rims standard and add pink Bowties.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 04-24-2019 at 10:24 AM. Reason: j
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:31 AM   #65
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
It would take away the sports car feel then. Big windows on a sports car... well, take a look at Cobalt SS I personally got used with the visibility and “tank” interior very fast, being very scared of it at first. I almost didn’t buy the car because of it. But elbow resting... is for trucks.
The Cadillac sport coupes and especially the sedans don't seem to suffer much for having larger windows than the Camaro - certainly not in performance, but also in aggressive, sporty styling. I share your opinion on the visibility, but with a redesign for a new generation I think there's room to address the (tiresome) decade-long concerns about visibility to at least some extent, in a way which balances retention of the Camaro's sporty looks with safety concerns.

Given that GM kicked that can down the road with the 6th gen I would certainly hope that after that decade, there's been some corner of a design studio planning out potential ways to deal with that limitation for a broader appeal - for every person like yourself who hesitated to buy because of that concern before buying anyway, I'd imagine there's more than one person who did let that make them buy something else.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #66
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Why do you think that? What trims do you suppose it will have?
I kinda buy into the evolution process that the Camaro is in and i think the SS has run its course . Right now its kinda goofy that all of the SSs made have the RS option , the SS is a performance option but the 2SS option gives you nothing in performance. I just think the SS is rode out and its time to go away like the Z28.We need different trim levels with the gen 7 so people who wants to save money is not forced with the RS option on a V8 that automatically drives up base price . Chevy could build a GT Camaro with a twin turbo that would outperform every na V8 before it and it will sell , won't be cheap . At the same time they could offer the LT2 as a GT Camaro and work with that at a few trim levels . With the gen 7 i am thinking LT Camaro as a base then GT Camaro ,Berlinetta to replace the 2SS , Zl1 of course but i think the 1Le could become its own model replacing the Z28 ,not the $70k version but how we used to know it and before it became just a sticker package . At that point the 1Le would get the A10 and 6speed which would make a lot of people happy. In a way i do believe to get the LT2 engine you will have to pay 50k , the smaller motors with turbos and hybrids are coming to the Camaro line up i have no doubt.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #67
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
The 2xx packages aren't supposed to be performance packages, this is nothing new. Saving money by splitting the RS package from being standard on the SS is nice, but on the LT that only saves you what, $1600? And replacing the LT1 V8 with the twin turbo accomplishes... what? Maybe with some finessing you can get it to outperform NA V8s, but you're replacing one expensive engine with another.

Your pricing strategy leaves a wide gulf between the entry level models and the HO models, where the 1SS used to be, because you believe the SS is "run out" (I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean). I don't think it makes sense.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #68
fivewunoh

Drives: 18 NFG 1ss M6
Targa top hatchback.
The non supercar corvette replacement.
fivewunoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:09 PM   #69
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
The 2xx packages aren't supposed to be performance packages, this is nothing new. Saving money by splitting the RS package from being standard on the SS is nice, but on the LT that only saves you what, $1600? And replacing the LT1 V8 with the twin turbo accomplishes... what? Maybe with some finessing you can get it to outperform NA V8s, but you're replacing one expensive engine with another.

Your pricing strategy leaves a wide gulf between the entry level models and the HO models, where the 1SS used to be, because you believe the SS is "run out" (I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean). I don't think it makes sense.
When the 7th gen comes out its gonna have to be a Camaro like none before it , kinda on the lines of the Mid engine Corvette. New engines and new models ,have to put the past behind us . The SS has been used for a long time and on too many cars over the years , has even been a its own car . It means very little anymore and i think Chevy would do better if they just rename it , i always liked the sounds of a GT Camaro , which nowadays is a very accurate name also. A twin turbo V6 would be much more costly then a LT2 but may be a much better performance car also . I think as prices go they will only go up from this generation but they could close the gap between price and performance much better in the next generation .Maybe it's time we start a 7th Gen section here .
Old 04-24-2019, 06:49 PM   #70
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
When the 7th gen comes out its gonna have to be a Camaro like none before it , kinda on the lines of the Mid engine Corvette. New engines and new models ,have to put the past behind us . The SS has been used for a long time and on too many cars over the years , has even been a its own car . It means very little anymore and i think Chevy would do better if they just rename it , l
Hey, are you the guy that ran Cadillac and Infinity into obscurity?

If they are going to stop using SS, they might as well rename the whole car.