Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #379
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyslide View Post
I dropped off my car off on Friday afternoon to get the shudder tsb completed. Talked with the Service rep for about 15 minutes on what and when the car is showing the rumble strip vibration. He stated they would need to hook up the scope and get proof that it is happening. If they don't have the proof then they can't complete the flush. The wife and I have talked it over and if the flush isn't done, I'll be looking for a truck by the end of the month. So hopefully it gets fixed. I should know more early next week.
My dealer never mentioned the scope before or after the service. They knew all about the problem and told me the flush would fix the shudder. They were right. Try a different dealer.

Last edited by Silverado57; 04-21-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Silverado57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:53 PM   #380
Mgsouthwest2001

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS 8A Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun View Post
I’m supposed to pick up a new 18 leftover tomorrow with A8. Build Date 7/25/17. These posts make me wonder if I should. I’m not hearing about a lot of 18 issues.
Mine is an 18. Just got it out of the shop a couple of weeks ago for the shudder. Car only had 3600 miles. New fluid has it fixed for now. But I lean toward believing it is only a band aid. Anyway mine was built in 6/18. So 18’s are having the problem too.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:10 AM   #381
HouTx_SS

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I have a 2016 Camaro 2SS with 6500 miles and i have been experiencing this shudder issue since 2000ish miles. I took it to the dealer to get a transmission flush and the problem returned shortly after. I need to take it again and see what they tell me.
HouTx_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #382
Fun

Drives: 2020 V6 Auto 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyslide View Post
I dropped off my car off on Friday afternoon to get the shudder tsb completed. Talked with the Service rep for about 15 minutes on what and when the car is showing the rumble strip vibration. He stated they would need to hook up the scope and get proof that it is happening. If they don't have the proof then they can't complete the flush. The wife and I have talked it over and if the flush isn't done, I'll be looking for a truck by the end of the month. So hopefully it gets fixed. I should know more early next week.
Any update? Thanks
Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #383
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
They have test drove it for 25 miles(city and hwy miles) and can not get the shudder to show up on the scope. They are going to repeat an overnight test and try to see if it acts any different in Sports mode. I guess mine might not have it, yet I have felt it a few times over the past 2500 miles of driving. There main transmission guy has been the one test driving it, he stated normally the shudder is real easy to feel while driving. I'll let you know what happens next.
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #384
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I thought maybe I had it, but then I realized my minivan and my SUV do the same thing.

Hopefully shudder is obvious when it happens.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #385
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
It sounds like this shudder is a byproduct of the engine lugging. To me its always seemed that the trans is staying in 8th longer than it should for the given throttle input at highway speeds.

In my scat, if my car is in 8th on the highway cruising, it will immediately drop to 7th or even 6th if I roll on the gas almost at all. Then its in a much better rpm range. The camaros seems to stay in their top gear longer than they should. Im wondering if a TCM tune would help cure this. You know get it to drop gears earlier if you roll on the gas vs letting you stay in 8th and lug the engine while trying to lightly accelerate.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #386
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Hopefully shudder is obvious when it happens.
It is. You'll feel it first, and you'll notice it is too much of a cadence to be natural road irregularities.. Then keep an eye on your tach. It will float up & down 50-75 rpm in time with the shudder.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #387
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
They test drove the car again for another 30 miles, this time in sport mode and no signs of the shudder. They have driven with the scope the entire time.Going to pick it up later. So my car does not have it.
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #388
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
It is. You'll feel it first, and you'll notice it is too much of a cadence to be natural road irregularities.. Then keep an eye on your tach. It will float up & down 50-75 rpm in time with the shudder.
Thanks for the info
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:46 PM   #389
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Took mine in yesterday for the new flush, and they are now replacing the torque converter as well. Even though GM specifically now states to not replace the torque converter along with this new fluid and flush, they are somehow able to do it in my case. Have my fingers crossed on this one lol
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:14 PM   #390
Gray50
Intentionally left blank.

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Took mine in yesterday for the new flush, and they are now replacing the torque converter as well. Even though GM specifically now states to not replace the torque converter along with this new fluid and flush, they are somehow able to do it in my case. Have my fingers crossed on this one lol
Good luck! I'm glad to see there are some exceptions to the "no replacement TC" thing. I'm sure when I took mine in, there was more damage than a "fluid flush" would've been able to fix. So, they replaced the TC, too. That was well before GM said "do not replace the TC," though.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #391
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray50 View Post
Good luck! I'm glad to see there are some exceptions to the "no replacement TC" thing. I'm sure when I took mine in, there was more damage than a "fluid flush" would've been able to fix. So, they replaced the TC, too. That was well before GM said "do not replace the TC," though.
I think they would just replace the TC rather than flush yours and replace it anyway no? That would be like changing the oil on an engine you intend to pull out right after, and put in a new engine...
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #392
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray50 View Post
.Thanks! If this combination doesn't do the trick I'm making plans to sell the car asap. How's yours holding up?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote