Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-15-2015, 09:58 PM   #29
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
They probably won't name it 'Magnetic Ride Track option' because MR shocks are mostly about improving ride quality, not handling. It improves handling too, don't get me wrong. Its just that the reason why its on so many well handling cars is to prevent those cars from having a punishing ride on normal streets. Normally, when an automaker wants to make something perform great, they give it stiffer shocks (among other things). This hurts ride quality, which tends to require softly damped shocks. An MR shock gives a car both, and can change on the fly. It also helps to limit body roll (as well as squat & dive), which are mostly ride quality issues as opposed to performance issues.

And just what options have they announced that are available on the 2016 Camaro SS that will improve performance? There are the MR shocks which help a little. The brake & tire upgrades seem to be exclusive to the LT cars. But besides that, I haven't heard of any performance options for the new SS.

Lastly, since it seems to require repetition ... there has never been a 1LE model. Its just an option box that you tick to get a few goodies to make the car a bit quicker around a road course.

Yeah I know. I was just making a point. they don't NEED a track option. However they could easily make a track package that includes some sway bars, tires and MRC and name it a track package or 1LE package. Who knows.

Similar to the GT350. MRC is included in the upgraded track package.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #30
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Yeah I know. I was just making a point. they don't NEED a track option. However they could easily make a track package that includes some sway bars, tires and MRC and name it a track package or 1LE package. Who knows.

Similar to the GT350. MRC is included in the upgraded track package.
MRC is on the 6th Gen SS is it not. So how can you make it part of a track pack? The 6th Gen SS has everything that the 5th Gen 1LE had and more If I am not mistaken and with less weight.

The only things I can think of them them doing is putting the Z/28 brakes on it if they put a supercharger on it will be the same as a 5th Gen ZL1. More aero will make it a 5th Gen Z/28.

GM has done a good job making a track ready SS with the handling of a 1LE power of a Z/28 and comfort of the ZL1. I'm sure when the time comes they will think of something. But I'm betting we won't see any of those 3 models until the 50th anniversary. And my money is on the Z/28.

I believe that GM has surplus of the Z/28 to move, Im not sure about the ZL1 and 1LE.

(this is just my opinion)
Old 06-16-2015, 12:26 AM   #31
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
MRC is on the 6th Gen SS is it not. So how can you make it part of a track pack? The 6th Gen SS has everything that the 5th Gen 1LE had and more If I am not mistaken and with less weight.

The only things I can think of them them doing is putting the Z/28 brakes on it if they put a supercharger on it will be the same as a 5th Gen ZL1. More aero will make it a 5th Gen Z/28.

GM has done a good job making a track ready SS with the handling of a 1LE power of a Z/28 and comfort of the ZL1. I'm sure when the time comes they will think of something. But I'm betting we won't see any of those 3 models until the 50th anniversary. And my money is on the Z/28.

I believe that GM has surplus of the Z/28 to move, Im not sure about the ZL1 and 1LE.

(this is just my opinion)
MRC is an option on the sixth gen. Not standard. My only point is it can be part of a pack or it can be a single option. Who knows. Although I'm sure it will be single with a 1LE option coming later.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #32
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
IMO, the new SS can be (with options) pretty close to what the outgoing ZL1 (without FI) is, and remember Ruess said “think about that satisfaction that a ZL1 offers” when talking about the Camaro Six SS - oh and without 305's in the back (315?).

If this is the case, what will GM do with the next FI model - lets assume they keep the ZL1 nameplate.

Do they merely throw in the LT4 and maybe some other HP parts?

Or do we get wider body, brake vents - new aero panels, CC brake options?

What will they bring to the table moving forward? This is the question that intrigues me and will keep me waiting because I have a feeling they will be bringing something pretty special beyond what they have already.

ok - we will see I guess.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #33
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
IMO, the new SS can be (with options) pretty close to what the outgoing ZL1 (without FI) is, and remember Ruess said “think about that satisfaction that a ZL1 offers” when talking about the Camaro Six SS - oh and without 305's in the back (315?).

If this is the case, what will GM do with the next FI model - lets assume they keep the ZL1 nameplate.

Do they merely throw in the LT4 and maybe some other HP parts?

Or do we get wider body, brake vents - new aero panels, CC brake options?

What will they bring to the table moving forward? This is the question that intrigues me and will keep me waiting because I have a feeling they will be bringing something pretty special beyond what they have already.

ok - we will see I guess.
For the Next ZL1 I'm thinking they will put in the LT4 and keep out the CC brakes to keep cost down and to keep it around 65k. Now making them optional would be cool. I a very curious how all this will pan out and what GM will bring for the next ZL1

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #34
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
MRC is an option on the sixth gen. Not standard. My only point is it can be part of a pack or it can be a single option. Who knows. Although I'm sure it will be single with a 1LE option coming later.
Is there anyone on here that is thinking of getting a 6th Gen SS without MRC? Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller
Old 06-16-2015, 11:01 AM   #35
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
Is there anyone on here that is thinking of getting a 6th Gen SS without MRC? Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller
Depends on the cost
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:18 AM   #36
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Also likely depends on if one is planning to go lower.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #37
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I wouldn't be surprised if the 1LE didn't come with MRC.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #38
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the 1LE didn't come with MRC.
Me either - or it allows for MRC but as an option for a DSSV (lite version) or some other track focused suspension???
Old 06-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #39
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
I hope the ZL1 gets here soon because I have been spending a lot of time in Ford showrooms lately and the GT 350 really has my interest. I have always been a Chevy guy, but the new Mustangs are pretty sweet.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #40
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
I hope the ZL1 gets here soon because I have been spending a lot of time in Ford showrooms lately and the GT 350 really has my interest. I have always been a Chevy guy, but the new Mustangs are pretty sweet.
I am waiting for the ZL1 too. If your definition of soon is at least a year your in luck.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #41
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Hopefully we get some spy shots soon. I'm really hoping for a "wide body". There was the car on the track with an aero package that we haven't seen yet.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:13 PM   #42
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Talking

So that would be what, the ZL1/28? Or the ZL128? Or ZL/128?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The ZL1 could be first, or it could be second (Z/28 would be the other one). Unless of course they roll the Z/28 & ZL1 up into one car, like they did with the Z06 & ZR1 Corvettes.