Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 04-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #71
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
+1 this is so true.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:18 PM   #72
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I think you're misusing the "you get what you pay for" saying...

You paid a lot, that's your point ...and you didn't get what you paid for.
Yeah true man... I guess what I truly meant was never try to save money because the few bucks you save will always cost more in the end.

The amount of time (installing and reinstall three times), emails back and forth to SW going nowhere, emails to the reseller, aggravation was not worth a few hundred bucks savings over one of the "real" companies like Borla, Corsa, etc.

And now I also realize that if I ever have a real warranty issue like rust, valve issue, etc I can just throw this piece of crap in a dumpster
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #73
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Thanks for posting OP, SW has def been placed on my 'never do business' list. Hope you get that all buttoned up now that the re-seller helped you out a bit.

Companies like this need to be called out loud and proud, so thank you for not lying down and for not letting the naysayers get you to back down when SW should pay the price for their lack of support.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #74
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Thanks for posting OP, SW has def been placed on my 'never do business' list. Hope you get that all buttoned up now that the re-seller helped you out a bit.

Companies like this need to be called out loud and proud, so thank you for not lying down and for not letting the naysayers get you to back down when SW should pay the price for their lack of support.
Yeah man... Like I said.. All they needed to do was help resolve an issue. That's what ANY company should do.

This could have easily been resolved by just handling this as a potential defect or warranty issue.

I went above and beyond with me detailed communication on the installation of each part and where the trouble seems to be.

They asked me to measure each part. No problem. But they wanted me to compare my measurements to pictures that did not clearly show the length. Shady.

I ask them for the length of each piece. No response. Should have been very easy for them.

That would have been the end of it. Either there was a defective part or it was me being a dummy (trust me it's the part). But they didn't want to take that simple step.

Instead they ask me to drive to Ohio for them to look at it. Hahaha... Gotta be joking.

They clearly do not understand the power of social media or enthusiast forums. This will cost them 20 times over what it would have cost them to just replace the entire system nevermind the one part.

They will lose in the end
Old 04-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #75
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I would have been tempted after the first try or two, to lay out th eentire exhaust on the ground and assemble it there, to see what it would have looked like when all the joints were connected the way 'they' wanted to be connected, then compare that assembled exhaust with the cars layout.

It might have helped with communicating your issues with SW if you could have sent them that picture.??

One can only hope.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:30 PM   #76
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
I would have been tempted after the first try or two, to lay out th eentire exhaust on the ground and assemble it there, to see what it would have looked like when all the joints were connected the way 'they' wanted to be connected, then compare that assembled exhaust with the cars layout.

It might have helped with communicating your issues with SW if you could have sent them that picture.??

One can only hope.
The problem is the system all goes together. The right side is maybe 1.5 to 2 inches longer. Laying it on the ground would have never shown that.

And I communicated with them constantly which is why I did the install 3 times... I did everything in my power and what was requested within reason.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #77
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
Start using a reputable company like Jegs or Summit & you won't have that problem... Good grief kids wake up...
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:21 PM   #78
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
The problem is the system all goes together. The right side is maybe 1.5 to 2 inches longer. Laying it on the ground would have never shown that.

And I communicated with them constantly which is why I did the install 3 times... I did everything in my power and what was requested within reason.
If you had laid out BOTH sides on the ground side by side, why wouldn't have shown the right side being longer?

A photo showing the ENTIRE system mocked up on the ground would have shown proof to SW that something ain't right ???

Or am I missing something here. (it wouldn't be the first time)
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #79
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
If you had laid out BOTH sides on the ground side by side, why wouldn't have shown the right side being longer?

A photo showing the ENTIRE system mocked up on the ground would have shown proof to SW that something ain't right ???

Or am I missing something here. (it wouldn't be the first time)
As stated I have given SW full details of the issue numerous times. Do you think a photo of the entire exhaust would clearly show a difference of 2 inches from the height needed to include the entire exhaust in the photo??

Also that is not what SW wanted.. They wanted to identify exactly what part was the issue... Showing the entire exhaust would not identify which part was defective.

The only reason we could not do that is because SW did not show me clesr photos of each part to show the length.. So nothing I could compare to.

And when I asked them to give me the length of each part they didn't... Which seems super shady to me.

Anyway again I feel like I have jumped through hoops and more than did my part.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #80
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Isn’t the stock system ~2” longer on the pass side (with a flange fitting that’s different from the slip fit+clamp connection on the driver side)? Did the SW setup not look like this?
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:29 PM   #81
jcastag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Isn’t the stock system ~2” longer on the pass side (with a flange fitting that’s different from the slip fit+clamp connection on the driver side)? Did the SW setup not look like this?
No and the issue was the tips were sticking out completely from the diffuser on one side
Old 04-22-2019, 10:54 PM   #82
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
Kooks headers and cat back system is pure American glory, quality is unmatched.
ARH is the only one full American Made...
Old 05-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #83
jcastag

So I have found the issue... Finally.

These people messed up the fabrication of the right side intermediate pipe... which is exactly what I thought the issue was I just couldn't figure out where the issue was.

The slip joint is about an inch shorter than it is on the left side so it doesn't allow the pipe deceitfully these people really are ****ing morons
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #84
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
I feel for you OP. I had a problem with Borla's mid-pipe with AFM valves on my wife's 1SS. The valve was throwing a code. I was told they were revising the valve and would take a few weeks. I didn't know what to expect. Indeed, a few weeks later they sent me a complete mid and x-pipe kit. I installed it and CEL gone for good.

I used Kooks 1 7/8 headers on my 2SS and my Borla headers back system fit perfectly.

You shouldn't have to fight with your system, they should send you replacement parts for the defective ones the sent you at first.

Heath
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13