Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-18-2019, 12:03 PM   #29
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat-Dad View Post
Needs to be able to fit a snowboard somehow...
While I might be able to FIT 3-4 snowboards in my Camaro, I can't imagine ever wanting to take this car to the mountain for the purpose of actually snowboarding. All those boneheads getting dressed in the parking lot and leaning their boards and skis on the car while they change. Then the stuff goes toppling over into the car parked next to them. C'mon!
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #30
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I just want to note that the ZL1 is much more in your budget range than you may realize. There are SEVERAL slightly used (10k miles on the clock) ZL1's in my area going for 52 - 57k. You are going to spend about that with a 1LE SS. You will be MUCH happier with the ZL1. And trust me...you wont kill yourself as long as you know when to play it cool. My SS has more than enough power to 'kill me' but I understand its limits and when not to be a douche on the road.

The difference will be negligible. Tires will cost the same, fuel will favor slightly toward the V6 but not enough to offset the enormous performance improvement of the SS.
If he's going in the used market then a 1le can be had in the mid to low 30s. There were new 1le's going in the mid to high 30's recently. That's a big difference still.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:02 PM   #31
ChaosCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I would get what I currently have, an SS 1LE and an old 4Runner. The Camaro is a great car but not meant for snow. Plus they look ridiculous with skinny tires!

You may want to look at a 997 Turbo 6MT as well.
2nd that! SS 1LE in my opinion is the best bang for your buck to get a great handling car with great torque for a daily driver that looks amazing! Then buy an old truck for your winter vehicle!
ChaosCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #32
pippo

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hi,
i daily a 2018 1SS 1LE and it s by far best fun/daily driver i ever had. i realize you want an unbiased opinion, please hear me out.
i live in Montreal, we get a lot of snow and roads aren t pretty lot of potholes, yet i daily drive my 1le in the snow (daily maybe not the exact term since i travel for work but i use it for groceries, small trips, gym etc.) never had one single issue, and the e LSD is amazing, tires are a bit expensive bought 19s snow TOYO tires. i even had to dig my car out of the snow lol
i wouldnt survive the winter without a performance car, i owned jaguar XF supercharged a nightmare to keep running, other daily like Fiat abarth 500, Porsche 911 base etc.
my summer ride is an alfa 4C and i only swear by the lt1 and the 1le package!!!! so so good! for the money.
i m ordering the 2019 1SS 1le, i dont need the gimmicks that come with the 2ss plus the 1le is supposed to be a track car so less weight is welcomed.
i think you should get the 1le, again i heard the V6 is good but not for me! if gas consumption isnt an issue get the 1ss 1le! last November a dude driving a panamera GTS stayed behind me just to listen to the exhaust notes, and then told me that he loves my car! what chevy is offering with 1le is a awesome deal!!!!
i would never go with a more tech complicated car, like an Audi with a quattro (owned an S8 hated the maintenance).
trust me camaro may have a chevy badge but they still turn heads!!!! and very comfortable
good luck
pippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #33
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
If your Volvo is paid off keep it for winter and get the SS , but first check out what the insurance will be on a 8 cylinder first it’ll probably go up 3-4 times what you’re paying now. If the insurance is to high keep what you got and get snow tires if not get the SS
Old 04-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #34
ChaosCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
Same here, although Xterra instead of 4Runner. Best of both worlds, SS 1LE for on-road and track shenanigans, Xterra for off-road and bad weather driving.
Second that! 18 SS 1LE for having fun, and my lifted 2007 silverado for off-road and bad weather!
"without chaos . . . nothing can evolve!"
ChaosCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #35
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Just sell or trade in the Camaro V6 for a lightly used 17 or 18 1SS 1LE. Keep and daily the Volvo. All your problems or fears are solved with that move and you gain everything you talked about in your first post........
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:16 PM   #36
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
I own a 19 SS 1LE which is my weekend warrior, a 95 honda accord which is my commuter, and an 02 F250 which is my hauler. Can't beat that combo I'd you ask me. The 1Le is not an every day driver
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #37
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo View Post
i m ordering the 2019 1SS 1le, i dont need the gimmicks that come with the 2ss plus the 1le is supposed to be a track car so less weight is welcomed.
Well, you should know they weigh about the exact same, since the 1SS has all the piping and components for the heated/vented seats. The only thing really missing as far as weight are the side-sensors and a few wiring harnesses/programming. It's literally just a couple pounds, not dozens or hundreds. Shipping weights confirm this. You aren't really saving weight. If the 1SS came with lighter fixed seats, no rear seat, one speaker like the Z/28, thinner glass, etc., then you might be saving some significant weight...

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:53 PM   #38
End User

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2012 GLI M6
I live in Toronto. I have a 2012 GLI (manual) that is my daily and winter car (still love it and take care of it). My 2018 2SS 1LE is about to emerge from winter storage (track and sunny day daily).

Sell your V6 and get a V8 1LE. Don’t drive the new 1LE in the winter. Keep the Volvo as a daily/winter car.
End User is offline   Reply With Quote