Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-22-2018, 03:16 PM   #29
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LTLoveIt View Post
AZ has a 3 day transport registration tag.

Same for VA. Permission to drive form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:23 PM   #30
ecko04

Random fact: Many dealers do not process your tax, tag and title paperwork themselves. They contract out to external companies since the Department of Motor Vehicles policies and laws can differ greatly from state to state and sometimes from locality to locality. They prefer an someone with expertise that handles these issues all the time as opposed to tying up their staff with these issues.

A general rule of thumb is if you’re out of state and will be registering out of state then the dealer is not required to collect taxes.

There are some exclusions like in the state of Tennessee where if you’re financing they must collect taxes even if you’re registering in another state. They are simply collecting taxes for the state you’re registering with and forwarding them the payment. They are doing it to fulfill the requirements of the lien holder who can refuse payment if they are not listed as a first party on the title within s specific period of time.

Registering an out of state purchase in Alaska is a whole different can of worms.

I’ve bought way too many vehicles from too many different states to be intimately familiar with state’s laws.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:04 AM   #31
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Random fact: Many dealers do not process your tax, tag and title paperwork themselves. They contract out to external companies since the Department of Motor Vehicles policies and laws can differ greatly from state to state and sometimes from locality to locality. They prefer an someone with expertise that handles these issues all the time as opposed to tying up their staff with these issues.
All 8 dealerships I've worked for the last 20 years have had their own title clerk in house. I actually have never heard of them contracting it out. It's a simple job and all the tax and registration laws and state title and exception forms are easily accessible.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:25 AM   #32
ecko04

Out of State Purchase

Probably should’ve clarified. This is specifically for regional dealers in the south and mid-Atlantic. While I am positive that most can handle in-state sales which probably account for the vast majority of their sales it’s the out of state purchases that can get tricky.

May be different where you’ve lived and worked. While yes, forms are online and readily accessible there are nuances down to things like even the signature (some states allow for electronically signed forms like IA others (PA and VA for example) don’t). VA allows for electronic titles, not all lienholders, especially the smaller CUs, will accept an electronic title. When things get tied up at the DMV like they inevitably are, the ones I’ve dealt with prefer to pawn that off on the “tag office” which, in my experience, has been some outside contracted entity that literally spends all their time processing registration and titling paperwork.

The name of the game is to get to the next customer.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #33
x_jarhead

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I bought mine on Wednesday while on Thanksgiving vacation in Colorado and arranged enclosed shipping back to CA. I should get it next week. The local dealer had little chance selling it (a 1LE) over the Colorado winter so I was able to negotiate a great deal. I didn’t score many points with my wife though...
x_jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:57 AM   #34
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_jarhead View Post
I bought mine on Wednesday while on Thanksgiving vacation in Colorado and arranged enclosed shipping back to CA. I should get it next week. The local dealer had little chance selling it (a 1LE) over the Colorado winter so I was able to negotiate a great deal. I didn’t score many points with my wife though...
I arranged to drive out and pick up my car on my GF's birthday. She still hates the car.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #35
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
I arranged to drive out and pick up my car on my GF's birthday. She still hates the car.

LOL It's a matter of priorities.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:19 PM   #36
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post

The evening my son was born my 2010 Silverado arrived at the dealer (Thursday night). Saturday morning I “disappeared” for a bit to run home and let the dog out. I got back to the hospital and my wife said “you went to the dealership to test drive your truck didn’t you”. Dammit she knew me to well lol. We went and picked it up Monday, my sons first trip out of the house.

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote