Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-13-2023, 03:06 PM   #267
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
NO alignment is VERY stable because of the QUALITY of the parts that are used in my suspension. SPLPARTS (the BEST), BMR (VERY good), VORSHLAG (VERY high quality but NOISY), KW Variant 3 Coil Overs (German made, like VORSHALG very high quality but noisy as well).

I do check alignment pretty frequently and I DEFINITELY check it after HARD off on the racetrack or if I feel a hit a track berm pretty hard.
Good to know, I do have more SPL parts than ever, so maybe it will improve
Old 04-18-2023, 09:25 PM   #268
RoaringV8

Drives: 2017 HBM Camaro SS 1LE Camaro
I recently installed Vorshlag camber plates and have also noticed a definite increase in NVH up front. At first I didn't have one of the top strut nuts tightened down like I should have and I noticed major clunking up front, but once I tightened it down that went away. I've put marks on the top nuts on each to verify if it's moved or not.

Still, I hear more noise on both compression and rebound (more on rebound) vs. the stock setup. Not all that surprising when there is no rubber on the top of the strut mount. I'm going in for an alignment tomorrow and have yet to use them on track, but plan to have my first track days on them within the next month.
RoaringV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:59 PM   #269
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringV8 View Post
I recently installed Vorshlag camber plates and have also noticed a definite increase in NVH up front. At first I didn't have one of the top strut nuts tightened down like I should have and I noticed major clunking up front, but once I tightened it down that went away. I've put marks on the top nuts on each to verify if it's moved or not.

Still, I hear more noise on both compression and rebound (more on rebound) vs. the stock setup. Not all that surprising when there is no rubber on the top of the strut mount. I'm going in for an alignment tomorrow and have yet to use them on track, but plan to have my first track days on them within the next month.
Thanks for sharing your experience and providing that information
Old 04-21-2023, 06:53 AM   #270
Briland_1LE

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience and providing that information
No offense but can you change your bio photo to a picture of your camaro everytime I scroll through a post I feel like your staring into my soul hahaha
Briland_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:56 AM   #271
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briland_1LE View Post
No offense but can you change your bio photo to a picture of your camaro everytime I scroll through a post I feel like your staring into my soul hahaha
That's the point of it... it's clearly working

It’s also my best “la Camaro Grey steel” track day face, sorry, but if you don’t like it, you don’t have to look at it

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 04-21-2023 at 02:26 PM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote