Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 01-08-2023, 03:57 PM   #1
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Weird issue at WOT

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times, this time I caught the Traction Control light was lit on the dash...

Wide open throttle, right at the shift point and the car falls on it's face, I thought I hit the rev limiter it so abrupt but I have an A10 and was in Auto. So are my tires slipping enough that Stabilitrac was kicking in and pulling massive amounts of power or is something wrong? This was at the 1-2 shift...

No CEL and no OBD-II codes...

2020 2SS, stock powertrain.
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 05:38 PM   #2
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
I was going to ask if it was cold out, but I see you're in San Diego, so probably not. I had this happen when I was doing 0-60 pulls in 25* weather. I don't know if the car decided that it was going to lose control when it shifted or what, but it completely cut the power on one of the shifts. With our WI weather, cold tires, & cold pavement, it's not surprising. I just figured that it was because the car thought that it would lose traction on the shift, so it cut power. But not sure why it would happen to you in nice weather.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 05:42 PM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
It was cool out but not cold. Tires weren't warmed up so I'm guessing you are probably right, car thought it would lose it on the shift. It's very starting as it is just like hitting the Rev Limiter.

With no codes and no CEL I'm guessing this is normal?
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 12:39 AM   #4
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
The default TCS is pretty conservative to prevent loss of control from overzealous drivers. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's what you ran into if the tires were cold.

I remember driving in a downpour on track. I had the PTM mode set to "rain" which I think sets the TCS mode to most conservative (either the default TCS mode for tour or sport, or maybe even more conservative like the snow/ice setting). At any rate, when it would activate, you would actually hear a low, slight groaning noise from the engine every time the TCS would retard the timing. When it steps in aggressively like that, you can hear it. But I have an M6, so don't know what it would sound like if the TCS intervened between A8/10 shifts.

the A8/10.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 08:59 AM   #5
mRahmani

Drives: ‘23 SS 1LE
That sounds normal. Easy test is to turn off traction and try to replicate it, but you better know what you’re doing.
mRahmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 06:21 PM   #6
2DAD4U

Drives: '19 SS 1LE, '18 Tahoe Premier 6.2
Have the same issue on my 2019 SS 1LE M6
2DAD4U is offline   Reply With Quote