Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 07-03-2018, 12:15 PM   #29
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
Sports Car

The Camaro is more of a Sports Car then a Muscle Car. Any model I drove , was better Driving than any car we tested up to that time and the Turbo is a ball to drive, mine with RS looks under $28,000, a tad more than a shitty driving V6 Challenger???

Quote:
Originally Posted by m666etal View Post
The problem is the base models of the V8 mustangs and challengers are still cheaper than the base Camaro. They have better deals on them as well.
To top it off the younger generation is really not interested in owning muscle cars.
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #30
DirectTo

Drives: Sold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
From my observations:

-People don't think the Camaro is 'cool to have', the car gets a lot of hate(don't ask my why)

-Dealers inventory consists mostly of expensive LT models that are near SS prices which nobody will pay for or want. Even Turbo 4's are over 30K ....

-It's less practical than competition, most consumers don't pay attention to sportiness that much or understand what differentiates the Camaro from competition. They think/believe they are getting better value with other cars

-Not the best car for overweight people. A lot of muscle car buyers happen to be hefty and want more space.
Hit a lot of nails squarely on the head here.

The LT prices are a bit absurd for what they are - if you don’t care about the performance aspect enough to get an SS, you’re much better off spending less money on another car that will likely have better features, quality, and fit and finish. The Camaro felt cheap to me on the inside after a while.

Offloaded mine last night - with less than 8000 miles the $35,500 sticker netted offers in the lower to mid 20s. Luckily I owed less than 10K on it, but I imagine a ton of people are upside down in them the way they depreciate.

Unless you’re the guy who wants a 1LE and actually tracks it, you’re paying a lot for what amounts to a toy for a normal LT or SS, your money will go further with either of the competitors or even a sedan.
DirectTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #31
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
People don’t seem to like quality
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #32
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
The problem with the Camaro is simple Chevy set a goal of achieving Ring supremacy and they ignored everything else about the car. They have a great performer with the LT1 and superior handling, unfortunately its wrapped in a body/design and functionality that nobody wants.

The good news is that I think that the refreshed 2019 model will improve the sales numbers.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 07-03-2018 at 02:50 PM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #33
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
<<I drove 3 Challengers and when I turn 70 maybe?>>

I am 70, and......no way.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #34
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
If the Camaro had a trunk that you could use, a back seat that could fit real people and maybe a centre console that was useable it would sell better, how many family guys would want to get a sports car that could do double duty. That is the main advantage that Dodge has with the Challenger and Charger, if the 2 door Challenger is not able to solve your quest for RWD performance then the Charger may.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #35
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post

The LT prices are a bit absurd for what they are - if you don’t care about the performance aspect enough to get an SS, you’re much better off spending less money on another car that will likely have better features, quality, and fit and finish. The Camaro felt cheap to me on the inside after a while.

Offloaded mine last night - with less than 8000 miles the $35,500 sticker netted offers in the lower to mid 20s. Luckily I owed less than 10K on it, but I imagine a ton of people are upside down in them the way they depreciate.

Unless you’re the guy who wants a 1LE and actually tracks it, you’re paying a lot for what amounts to a toy for a normal LT or SS, your money will go further with either of the competitors or even a sedan.

Did you pay sticker?
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #36
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post

Thanks.

Yep, the LT models are not worth it to me. That's partially because they're mostly fully loaded and not many moderate to low optioned out models on dealer lots. The SS on other hand I see plenty of value in it, especially the base model which if discounted is cheaper than the Scat pack/Mustang PP models at dealer lots here in Michigan.

Hope you're enjoying your new car , do whatever is best for you.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #37
Tyl3r

I don't know about y'all, but I purchased a FULLY loaded 2LT (leather seats, red interior accent, sunroof, navigation, BOSE, memory package, heated & air cooled seats, sill plates, auto dimming mirror, park assist, traffic alert, 8" display, blind spot alert, HUD, 20" rims, and heated steering wheel). I have every feature out on the market, other than the car driving itself, for $10K less than a Mercedes C300 coupe. Am I missing something?
Old 07-03-2018, 12:42 PM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
Aren't they canceling the ATS/CTS for next generation and are simply going with the CT5 being the smallest car they offer?
I think that was the original plan I had heard...basically scrapping ATS/CTS/XTS and creating a CT5 that would be sized around the middle of those cars. But now I think the latest is that a CT3 (or CT4?) and CT5 is coming on Alpha 2.

So yeah...you can bet the 7th gen Camaro will be coming on Alpha 2. 8th gen...who knows.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #39
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
I don't know about y'all, but I purchased a FULLY loaded 2LT (leather seats, red interior accent, sunroof, navigation, BOSE, memory package, heated & air cooled seats, sill plates, auto dimming mirror, park assist, traffic alert, 8" display, blind spot alert, HUD, 20" rims, and heated steering wheel). I have every feature out on the market, other than the car driving itself, for $10K less than a Mercedes C300 coupe. Am I missing something?
Yeah..a LT1 that matches the hype the automotive journalists rave about and gets the attention online.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:54 PM   #40
Tyl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Yeah..a LT1 that matches the hype the automotive journalists rave about and gets the attention online.

Base 1LT is the same price as an Accord coupe, not sure what more they need.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #41
ivey_usmc

Drives: 2017 ss1 1le
That's fine with me. Ill have better luck on finding one!! I had a 16 scatpack charger but wanted to go back to a 6speed. I honestly never looked at the camaro's until recently and im glad I did! Here in about 15-20 days ill be on the hunt for a ss1 1LE
ivey_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #42
DirectTo

Drives: Sold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
Did you pay sticker?
I hope no one pays sticker.

It’s a niche market and ford and dodge definitely have their marketing down better...Chevy’s niche seems to be shrinking by the quarter while theirs is holding or growing.

There’s a point where it’s just fanboys yelling rather than discussing the issues with the current platform that are playing out in dismal sales numbers.
DirectTo is offline   Reply With Quote