Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #1
Suvant

Drives: 2015 white ss
need urgent advice

so my 2015 ss just stopped in the middle of the road while i was driving.
i just got back from a week vacation and i wanted to drive the car, it was fine for the first couple miles then the car stopped in the middle of the road. i towed it to the dealers and now theyre saying its contaminated with water and its not covered under warranty they want ove 1000 dollars to fix it.. can someone advice me what to do? are they ripping me off? is there a cheaper way?
Suvant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Will it turn over? Was it raining out? Did the engine simply cut out or sputter then die?
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
Suvant

it might have been raining.. im in san diego its been pretty cold here the past couple weeks and no it didnt just die... it kept sputtering and making a weird thrusting noise.. i kept trying to start the car and again the engine kept making a thrusting noise.. it even went to drive at one point but then stopped again..
Old 12-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
Jakey2SS

Drives: 15' Scat Pack
What's contaminated with water? Do you have a cold air intake and went through a gigantic puddle? Something isn't adding up here
Jakey2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Dealer is not responsible for water in the gas tank if I remember correctly. In Texas, you can call DOT and they will come test the station suspected of 'bad gas' within 72 hrs (There are severe penalties for pranking a station - do not do it). Don't quote me on the language 'bad gas' while on the phone with them, there are specific situations which allow them to come test immediately. Since DOT is Federal, I recommend calling your local office and consult an attorney before allowing the dealership to repair the vehicle. Only in so much so that your attorney can work with the dealership to document the repair properly for your civil lawsuit against the gas station. The station should have liability insurance for this, hopefully.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Did you recently fill up with gas? What station? Any mods?
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Couple of points:

If you tell us what sounds and motions the car was making ... we really can't help with a diagnosis. A code reader is about $15 off Amazon, invest in one and send us the codes (or Google them yourself).

In the future, when the motor starts acting up: SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY. Trying to keep an unhealthy motor running is ALWAYS the worst possible choice. Do not restart it, just call for the tow, it's cheaper in the long run.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #8
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Might be something your insurance company will need to handle...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #9
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Might be something your insurance company will need to handle...
Insurance covers collision, theft, fire, and damage. Does NOT cover mechanical or electrical issues of any kind.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #10
HyperV117

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey2SS View Post
What's contaminated with water? Do you have a cold air intake and went through a gigantic puddle? Something isn't adding up here
OP we need an answer to this. I'm in cali so i doubt you drove through anything deep since we haven't had rain in weeks.

Did you happen to see any smoke coming out of your tail pipes when this happend?
HyperV117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #11
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
Do you have a locking gas cap? Perhaps it was vandalism and somebody put water in your gas tank.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:13 AM   #12
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Pm me what dealer you sent to in San Diego.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:31 AM   #13
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
if you are not a two post troll bot then maybe someone put water in your tank while you were on vacation? in that case open your wallet.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:20 PM   #14
Suvant

hey sorry i didn't reply earlier. no im in san diego i didn't go through any deep puddles... my mom had been driving my car before we left. she said she put 89 grade level fuel.. i always put 91 premium. i went to the dealership and they had one guy turn the car on and off while the other took some fuel out from the front of the car.. it looked very watery and had some red stains i took a small sample.. im gona try to call my insurance company and have them talk to the dealership figure something out... someone recently stabbed my tires when my car was parked outside of my house on the streets and i had to pay 350$ for that.. so someone couldve put something in the gas tank too but the car was parked in our drive way and i dont think anyone would go in there.. were installing cameras around our house soon. my gas cap doesnt lock so that couldve happened.. the guy at the dealership told me call my insurance and ill do that this morning! i dont know what else to do...

Tags
2015 camaro, warranty camaro