Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
bngummow
HT

Drives: Camaro SS
Clicking sound upon acceleration

Wondering if anyone can help me out here. Iv been hearing this clicking sound coming from the rear of the car whenever I start to let out the clutch. I have already made sure all the bolts are tight under the car. I did grab the driveshaft and it seems to have a lot of play where it connects to the differential. Could it be time for a new ring and pinion? I have not noticed any loss of power. Of course this happens shortly after the car goes out of warranty. Attached, I have a video of what it sounds like as I let the clutch out. Going forward first, then reverse. The sound is much more noticeable in person.
bngummow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
bngummow
HT

Drives: Camaro SS
bngummow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #3
HeavyChevySSRS

Drives: 2010 SSRS
I have the same issue! Except my clicking sound is from the drivers side axle shaft.

10' ls3 2SS/RS, gfx pkg, stainless headers, 3" stainless exhaust, rotofab cai, custom stage 3 cam, 4:11 gears, wall tuned

HeavyChevySSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Its a known issue...thrust washers.... hang on, I'll find the thread. FWIW, mines been doing it since new, I didn't realize there was a TSB on it until my warranty was 30 days out, and the dealer refused to fix it, so it still clicks. Doesn't hurt anything but sure is annoying when you have the windows down and can hear it every time you pull out from a stop.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #5
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Here ya go...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225109
Old 10-10-2015, 09:35 PM   #6
HeavyChevySSRS

Drives: 2010 SSRS
I did the thrust washer fix. It didn't help me. I changed the washers out and put the new slightly larger one in and it didn't fix anything.
My sound is coming from where the axle meets the diff. I can grab the axle and lift it up and down and that's when I hear the click

10' ls3 2SS/RS, gfx pkg, stainless headers, 3" stainless exhaust, rotofab cai, custom stage 3 cam, 4:11 gears, wall tuned

HeavyChevySSRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clicking, differential, gears, sound