Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #15
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
When you hit that hard somethign is definitely damaged add in a low pro tire and it's worse. Id most certainly go with bent rim and I dont think a balance is going to show that in and of itself.
Agreed. Small bend in rim and possible alignment tweak. Only a road force balance of all four wheels will show you the difference of that one wheel causing the problem. If all the wheels are +/- 1-2 of each other in road force, then it is alignment. And serious damage to the tire itself would show as a bubble on the side wall or an out of round condition that would be very visible on a standard balancer.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:01 PM   #16
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Do you have a separate winter set you could swap out?
Sounds like you may have aftermarket rims, and I was wondering if you kept the factory ones for winter.

No...it was a wheel swap when i purchased black chrome from Detroit Wheel and Tire....only have one set...car doesnt get driven in rain..let alone winter...
Old 09-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #17
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
If the tire balanced on the machine its not the wheel. Check the brake rotor and the pads. put the car on a jack and see if you can shake the wheel from the top to bottom. Take it to a reputable front end shop do an alignment.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #18
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Could be damaged tire, bent rim, knocked a balance weight off the rim or knocked it out of alignment.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:01 PM   #19
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Did rear go in the pothole ? Check that one too
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #20
tecboy

Went back to tire shop...had them check the rear wheel...that one had a small dent on the inner lip....could visibly see the wobble when they spun on the balancer...i had them road force balance check the other 3 also...those were good...guess i will order new rim on Monday...

thanks for all the input and suggestions...
Old 09-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #21
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
Went back to tire shop...had them check the rear wheel...that one had a small dent on the inner lip....could visibly see the wobble when they spun on the balancer...i had them road force balance check the other 3 also...those were good...guess i will order new rim on Monday...

thanks for all the input and suggestions...
Depending on where you live, if you can take a picture of the pot hole, and damage to your wheel, your city might cover it, lol.

Where I live usually does.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:36 PM   #22
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
Depending on where you live, if you can take a picture of the pot hole, and damage to your wheel, your city might cover it, lol.

Where I live usually does.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
You need to have made a report with the police at the time of the incident. You just can not walk in and say I hit a pot hole pay me....
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #23
tecboy

It was on i-75 in a construction zone...getting pics in that area would almost be impossible..plus dealing with state of ohio..even if they would cover it...not worth the hassle of the cost of a wheel
Old 09-24-2018, 02:42 PM   #24
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
I did that once, destroyed the strut. It would bounce real nice at certain speeds. I ended up taking the opportunity to lower the car with new shocks and struts all the way around. It was very similar to what you are feeling. Good luck! I hope you get it sorted out quickly.