Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 09-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
Tha_Infamous_E

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Buying or Leasing?

Looking at current market trends, it seems like although leasing is a good option for those that are able to negotiate prices down to proper amounts to off-set the benefits of actually owning the car then selling it yourself in the end and being able to get a new ride every few years, however, after researching..

I'm coming up with the fact that I would essentially be able to own a Camaro SS for double the lease term (8-10 years owned instead of 3-4 years lease) and drive it for double the allowed mileage (100K miles driven instead of 30-48K driven on lease) and still basically sell the car at a loss for the same amount the lease would have costed for half the benefits.

Is this correct? If so, it would mean it's better to actually purchase the SS and sell it on your own privately at the end to get the best bang for your buck.

Math:

4 year lease ~ $3K down with $450 monthly and 10-12K miles a year adding up to 30K-48K miles after lease term from 2017-2021.

8 year own ~ Pay full MSRP at around $40-$45K, drive it to 60-100K miles (double the lease amount) then sell it for about $20K-$25K in the end around year 2025.

The numbers would come out that owning the vehicle in those conditions is actually more financially smarter?

I'm basing this off the fact that I'm finding a bunch of 8-year-old Camaro SS's from 2010 with nearly 80-100K miles on them being sold for around $20-25K and back then, MSRP was only $35K which means it's held value percentae-wise even better than my math shown above.
Tha_Infamous_E is offline   Reply With Quote