Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #29
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I thought about doing that too. I'm still getting quotes from LMR. They are recommending headers also. But, I do have a budget of around $5k tops so. Trying to get the most out of it.

I know for sure I'm doing the RotoFab Intake, Metco Pulleys, tune, and exhaust. That pretty much eats up the $5k. I'm adding some Diode lighting so that eats up about $500 of the budget so.

I'm not building a Tx2K street machine. I have the Z06 for that. haha. Just want a bit more oooomph.
i did rotofab, ARH and an LPE lower pulley along with the DIode dynamic stuff for about 5k also and its making 652/663 to the wheels through the auto. just food for thought.
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #30
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred1le View Post
i did rotofab, ARH and an LPE lower pulley along with the DIode dynamic stuff for about 5k also and its making 652/663 to the wheels through the auto. just food for thought.
hmmmmmm, not bad numbers actually. I was thinking we could squeeze close to 700 out of it. I'd be happy with your numbers. Was thinking about lowering it, but I'm happy with the stock ride height. Sits pretty aggressive. Very little wheel gap.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:34 PM   #31
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Quote:
hmmmmmm, not bad numbers actually. I was thinking we could squeeze close to 700 out of it. I'd be happy with your numbers. Was thinking about lowering it, but I'm happy with the stock ride height. Sits pretty aggressive. Very little wheel gap.
yeah were on the same meal plan apparently lol i have the BMR spo041 springs going on in the am along with upper and lower control arms
ill shoot you a pic tomorrow
Old 10-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #32
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Was just told by Phastek that it will for sure need to be sent out to HP. No way around it.

For the '18s. Oh well, whats another 3 day wait.

And I was going to go with Stainless Works exhaust, but they said even to them, had too much drone, so Corsa it is.
I never said it didn't need to be sent out. TCM definitely has to go to HPT and it's 150 to unlock then another 4 credits total of $350 to tune something that doesn't need to be tuned.

ECM for engine is not locked and is also 4 credits.

Corsa is definitely the way to go OR another good option is ARH has a system that goes back to the mufflers so you keep the open close valves and it sounds great too. I've had ARH with Corsa catback on my last 3 Camaros and I think this one will be ARH all the way back which will same some $$ too.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:19 PM   #33
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I never said it didn't need to be sent out. TCM definitely has to go to HPT and it's 150 to unlock then another 4 credits total of $350 to tune something that doesn't need to be tuned.

ECM for engine is not locked and is also 4 credits.

Corsa is definitely the way to go OR another good option is ARH has a system that goes back to the mufflers so you keep the open close valves and it sounds great too. I've had ARH with Corsa catback on my last 3 Camaros and I think this one will be ARH all the way back which will same some $$ too.
Well, I wasn't calling you out or disputing what you said was wrong. Was just saying.

I'm having Aldo Welds do my build tomorrow. LMR seems too busy. The Corsa doesn't keep the open close valves? Corsa only makes an axle back so I figured it would retain the open close valves. I mean, I guess I don't care if they close or not. haha. So, I'll do my intake and exhaust then tune. Order my pulleys, then retune once they are installed.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:28 PM   #34
kttxz06

Man, i was looking at my wheel gap and on the other thread, man, my car is sitting low. I love it. gonna go measure real quick.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Well, I wasn't calling you out or disputing what you said was wrong. Was just saying.

I'm having Aldo Welds do my build tomorrow. LMR seems too busy. The Corsa doesn't keep the open close valves? Corsa only makes an axle back so I figured it would retain the open close valves. I mean, I guess I don't care if they close or not. haha. So, I'll do my intake and exhaust then tune. Order my pulleys, then retune once they are installed.
Pretty sure Corsa is the entire cat back and their mufflers are the no drone part. Great system either way. I just like the way ARH connects up at the muffler. LMR did the ARH Corsa on my last ZL1 which eliminated the valves there too.

I'm a fan of Aldo Welds. Quite sure they use Matt Sorian for tuning so you're in great hands there as well. Can't wait to see the numbers.

Quote:
Man, i was looking at my wheel gap and on the other thread, man, my car is sitting low. I love it. gonna go measure real quick.
GM changed the springs after the early ones came out to lessen the gap
Old 10-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #36
kttxz06

1.5 inches on the front. 1.75 inches on the rear. No need for springs for me. haha.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #37
kttxz06

Quote:
Pretty sure Corsa is the entire cat back and their mufflers are the no drone part. Great system either way. I just like the way ARH connects up at the muffler.

I'm a fan of Aldo Welds. Quite sure they use Matt Sorian for tuning so you're in great hands there as well. Can't wait to see the numbers.
Corsa only makes an axle back right now for the '18. I had LMR, Aldo, and Phastek confirm. If I'm wrong, someone please post up the part #.

And yes, Matt is going to tune. Just wish it was a bit cooler. Hate tuning in high humidity weather. Lowers the numbers. Maybe I'll cheat and throw some race gas in it.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #38
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Quote:
Corsa only makes an axle back right now for the '18. I had LMR, Aldo, and Phastek confirm. If I'm wrong, someone please post up the part #.

And yes, Matt is going to tune. Just wish it was a bit cooler. Hate tuning in high humidity weather.
Ok that makes sense... that's the mufflers so you do lose the open close valves. ZL1 Tommy is running Corsa after his first setup that had massive drone and loving the Corsa.

Really like what you have going here. Only one thing I would add and that's a flex fuel sensor for 300 bucks. That should help get to the 700 mark.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #39
kttxz06

Quote:
Ok that makes sense... that's the mufflers so you do lose the open close valves. ZL1 Tommy is running Corsa after his first setup that had massive drone and loving the Corsa.

Really like what you have going here. Only one thing I would add and that's a flex fuel sensor for 300 bucks. That should help get to the 700 mark.
Thanks. I guess I don't care if I lose the valves and yes, I saw Tommy's car on YouTube already. I've been trying to run him in my Z06, but he's on the other side of town.

Yea, my goal for now is 700, then shut it down. If I sell the Vette and the Mazzy, I might go all out and do a 1000 hp build, but I got a house in Hawaii I have to buy so. I have a small budget and I'm trying to stick with it. Btw, just sold my house off Lake Conroe last year. Good times out there. Had 2 Kawi Ultra 310's. Was dogging those Baja's. 72 mph early in the morning all day. But, that lake is too damn choppy, so we had our fun and moved out to CCR. Still trying to purchase out in Carlton Woods. So, we'll see what happens. (the flood gave me pause cus I wanted to move to CW Creekside and they got hit so). Sold our house in Cinco Ranch, got a rental and trying to find my next house up there.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:56 PM   #40
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Come on up... plenty of good spots in Montgomery Co that didn't flood. You definitely need to hit the lake early or late. Not the best for serious water sports.

Will catch up with you soon I'm sure. I haven't started my build as I really want to go all out on a ZLE. Kind of on pause right now but do have flex sensor ready to go on and roto-fab. Had to cancel with Matt once already due to my crazy schedule and his isn't much better either.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #41
kttxz06

Quote:
Come on up... plenty of good spots in Montgomery Co that didn't flood. You definitely need to hit the lake early or late. Not the best for serious water sports.

Will catch up with you soon I'm sure. I haven't started my build as I really want to go all out on a ZLE. Kind of on pause right now but do have flex sensor ready to go on and roto-fab. Had to cancel with Matt once already due to my crazy schedule and his isn't much better either.
haha, don't tell me that dude. I'm supposed to be up at his place late evening. Aldo said on Fri, he'll tune up until around 9 since it's Friday. Hopefully, if not, it's whatever. What I'm installing tomorrow doesn't need a tune anyways. We'll see what I put down tomorrow night. I won't have a baseline so. Plus, I have a feeling since I only have 40 miles, numbers might be a tick lower than if I had a few thousand miles on it. Either way, it's all good. Anything under 650 will disappoint. But, without more boost, I'm sure I won't hit it.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #42
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Quote:
haha, don't tell me that dude. I'm supposed to be up at his place late evening. Aldo said on Fri, he'll tune up until around 9 since it's Friday. Hopefully, if not, it's whatever. What I'm installing tomorrow doesn't need a tune anyways. We'll see what I put down tomorrow night. I won't have a baseline so. Plus, I have a feeling since I only have 40 miles, numbers might be a tick lower than if I had a few thousand miles on it. Either way, it's all good. Anything under 650 will disappoint. But, without more boost, I'm sure I won't hit it.
its not gonna make 650 without the pulley. also you mentioned race gas, don't do that while theyre tuning or youll have to run the same mixture all the time. just the intake woke my car up a ton.