Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-29-2019, 09:23 PM   #281
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy_30 View Post
I don’t see why people keep complaining about ADM’s. Spend your energy on something more productive. If you were selling your house would you not ask the highest price a willing buyer is willing to pay? Or would you sell it for $50k less because someone really liked it? It’s called capitalism folks. There are many competitors out there.
I don't think we're the ones complaining about markups. Only a handful of us were seriously considering buying the GT500 anyway. We're discussing it along with the MSRP. And it is a valid topic to discuss.

And you're right from the seller's perspective. They have the right to get as much money as they can for whatever they're selling. However the buyer is the one who chooses to pay. If enough potential buyers refuse to pay and the seller starts losing money, then the price goes down. If the buyer throws the money at them willingly, then at some point the MSRP WITH markups will become the new MSRP which is exactly what happened.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #282
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I've read stories of dealers sticking top the bull shit ADM pricing. Even when the car that they put it on sits there, even after 6 months.

You people realize that much goes directly into a dealer's pocket and doesn't go back to Ford or GM or etc.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:21 PM   #283
siggy_30

Drives: Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I've read stories of dealers sticking top the bull shit ADM pricing. Even when the car that they put it on sits there, even after 6 months.

You people realize that much goes directly into a dealer's pocket and doesn't go back to Ford or GM or etc.
Dealerships trying to make as much profit as possible? Damn, I thought they were all 501(c)(3)’s...

And those dealers will eventually come off the ADM or until they find a willing buyer. Is what it is.
siggy_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:24 PM   #284
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy_30 View Post
Dealerships trying to make as much profit as possible? Damn, I thought they were all 501(c)(3)’s...

And those dealers will eventually come off the ADM or until they find a willing buyer. Is what it is.
Most of the time yeah, but I’ve got a local dealer stuck with a 2016 tech pack 350 because they just wouldn’t budge. They’re screwed now as they have the least desirable model. It’s hilarious.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:12 PM   #285
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
We know that. Thanks for the FYI
Old 06-30-2019, 01:47 AM   #286
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Your last statement has me cracking up!!!

I can't say I blame any of them. The allure to these cars in the past has been that you get the performance of the more expensive cars but you pay much less. So far the only one to keep true to that is the ZL1. Because even the new Hellcat (non-Redeye) when optioned identical to me 17 Hellcat is much more expensive. The GT350 has snuck up in price also. And now you're paying exactly what you'd pay for all those other high end cars but you're only getting the performance. You're not getting luxury or AWD or any of the cool features that the other cars have. The ZL1 is the only one offering full options and coming in under $70K.

But again, this is what happens when people pay those markups. The price of a vehicle is determined by the customer, not the dealership. And if all those people had decided that $80K, $90K, and more was too much to pay for a GT350...or that $90K and more was too much for a Hellcat...or that a $40K markup on a Demon was absurd...and if they all had just refused to pay even a dime over MSRP, then I'm willing to bet that the CF GT500 would be more reasonably priced. I refuse to believe that the GT500 needs to be priced that high. It is not out of necessity to turn a profit. They priced it that high for one reason. And that is because if they charged $75K for the CF version, then some retard would walk into a dealership and pay an extra $15K for one. That is the only reason why they are priced that high. Because if anyone is going to make that extra money, it might as well be Ford. Their customers did it to themselves.
I agree with this 100%. These manufacturers have been letting us set the prices on these cars. Look at how the GT350 has risen in price across the board. Look at Hellcats. They went up $5000 from 2015 to 2016, and can top $90k now. All those cars went through a heavy adm period where people just happily handed over tens of thousands of dollars straight to the dealers pockets. The manufacturer of course took note, and here we are.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:24 AM   #287
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
$73,300.00 For the GT500 !

Last edited by Revalot; 06-30-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Updated
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #288
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
$73,300.00 For the GT500 !
That’s just for the base GT500 and no one will get the car OTD before taxes at that price without connections). Base ZL1 offers a manual, HUD, heated/cooled seats at N/C and for a bit more PDR and a sunroof(not sure GT500 offers any of these). Trackable GT500 is $20k more compared to the ZL1 1LE if paying MSRP and nobody is gonna pay MSRP for either so the difference only gets bigger. Horsepower wars are good, glad I’m on the side that offers more for less in my eyes. The car does look good, just not for me.

Last edited by Realist; 06-30-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:37 AM   #289
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
I sort of get a little jealous hearing people talk about the great deals they got on their ZL1. I wanted a convertible, and they are very very few of them made... maybe less than 600 between 2017 and 2018 years... had to pay $5k dealer markup or I don't know if I would have gotten my hands on one. But the idea of $15k+ dealer markup ... for a Ford/Chevy/Dodge is insane to me
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #290
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
I sort of get a little jealous hearing people talk about the great deals they got on their ZL1. I wanted a convertible, and they are very very few of them made... maybe less than 600 between 2017 and 2018 years... had to pay $5k dealer markup or I don't know if I would have gotten my hands on one. But the idea of $15k+ dealer markup ... for a Ford/Chevy/Dodge is insane to me
... and there no Shelby convertibles from Ford or Hellcat verts FCA so the ZL1-Vert remains king of the road

When I bought mine 103 weeks ago, I was not expecting to pay less than MSRP, and I had to haggle pretty hard to get my OTD price down to MSRP. I was thrilled to get it. My dealer used at least two of their special offers as rebates so they could keep their reported ATP at sticker.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #291
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
... and there no Shelby convertibles from Ford or Hellcat verts FCA so the ZL1-Vert remains king of the road

When I bought mine 103 weeks ago, I was not expecting to pay less than MSRP, and I had to haggle pretty hard to get my OTD price down to MSRP. I was thrilled to get it. My dealer used at least two of their special offers as rebates so they could keep their reported ATP at sticker.
AWESOME on getting it at MSRP! And yes, I agree... this performance, at this price point, in a convertible, the ZL1 truly stands in a class of its own.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:18 PM   #292
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post

Although I do love convertibles, I prefer a sunroof. At least the Hellcats can be optioned with a sunroof. The sad part is that every time you option out one of the top tier Mustangs, they seem to have less than their competitors while costing either the same or more. And they often do not even outperform that competition.

I got my ZL1 in April of 2017 and it was sold to me at MSRP. They even said they could drop a few hundred dollars off if I wanted. They offered that to me without me asking. However I told them not to worry about it. Mainly because one of my best friends was the salesman and I figured a few hundred dollars would not be significant anyway. But I did get rebates of $3K so that was great.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:58 PM   #293
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

I just stopped by Sarasota Ford and I'm 9th on the waiting list for an allocation and they will be asking sticker+$25k at least... probably more but I won't know until they get through the first 8. So maybe never since they'll likely sell what allocations they get (there are at least two billionaires above me who have prior business with them, I haven't).
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #294
philpacs

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10
Bittersweet when a mustang that could outperform, at least the standard ZL1, comes out but I agree the competition will only make the next ZL1 better. But with the crazy dealer markups I still think we have the best bang for your buck all around performer, plus it's a Chevy However I do love the new GT500 and would love to own one. Unfortunately it looks like people will have to wait a long time to pay MSRP, if ever. I'm interested to see if the ZLE puts up the same, better or similar times on the track. I'll have to chuckle if it's the same or slower with 110 more hp.
philpacs is offline   Reply With Quote