#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2018, 10:34 AM   #29
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Awesome Can't wait.. Great work as all ways! Here are some more questions that work with what your doing all ready..

What will a CAI or Rotofab give me? Hood down please! test with no tune, then test with tune to see if the power comes from the tune or the part.. And to verify stick the stock box back on after its been tuned! If it's not to much to ask cut the bottom from the stock box and see if it does just as well in all scenarios listed!

^^^^^^^WARNING THIS MAY HURT CAI SALES!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What do Headers add? Cheap vs ARH ( I know I'm dreaming)

What do pulleys do? Lower vs upper LOL from what i have seen by just looking at sheets people post the upper seems to produce more TQ..

What does a larger blower add? I'll let you borrow mine! I think it do 720 at 15,000 rpm w less heat vs 23000 rpms and more heat and less volume/flow!

You might as well see what porting the bower adds LOL!
1. Snout and 103mm cheapest way
2. What porters call max effort blower, snout, and 103mm

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Awesome Can't wait.. Great work as all ways! Here are some more questions that work with what your doing all ready..

What will a CAI or Rotofab give me? Hood down please! test with no tune, then test with tune to see if the power comes from the tune or the part.. And to verify stick the stock box back on after its been tuned! If it's not to much to ask cut the bottom from the stock box and see if it does just as well in all scenarios listed!

^^^^^^^WARNING THIS MAY HURT CAI SALES!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What do Headers add? Cheap vs ARH ( I know I'm dreaming)

What do pulleys do? Lower vs upper LOL from what i have seen by just looking at sheets people post the upper seems to produce more TQ..

What does a larger blower add? I'll let you borrow mine! I think it do 720 at 15,000 rpm w less heat vs 23000 rpms and more heat and less volume/flow!

You might as well see what porting the bower adds LOL!
1. Snout and 103mm cheapest way
2. What porters call max effort blower, snout, and 103mm
I did not want to test air boxes on the factory cal because it can skew the results.

I fully tuned the stock air box then installed and tuned Each.

The CAI made 10 RWHP tuned but may see more using the factory calibration as it cleans up the stock rich tune.

The Rotofab needed a very close to the calibration I made for the stock air box and made 16 RWHP hood up hood down no difference I tested this theory several times on another ZL-1.

So Best stock air box tuned, and run against Aftermarket air boxes each dialed in perfectly.

Pulley ratio, if the same will produce the same results whether done from the bottom pulley or top pulley, the bottom pulley will always have the advantage due to better belt traction on the larger top pulley.

A long tube header will be very hard to differentiate between brands unless there is some design flaw that hurts it over others, When I choose a header I look at design specifics, die marks, flange thickness, welds tube routing collector design mounting to cats and materials they are made from, etc

I don't think I would waste time and money on ported 1.7 I would put that money toward a new larger blower which will for sure produce better results and less heat.

If someone wants to send a fully ported blower with snout and 103 I would test it.

But unless your already spinning it at Max speed I don't think we would see the benefits.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #31
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
nice job Ted!! can't wait to see how you handle E85, i love that stuff and hope to be able to use it once i decide to tune this car
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #32
Camaro#7

Drives: 2021 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE, A10
Ted and I worked on some mods for my car. Ended up going with ARH 2" long system(coated), Lower Pulley swap. I already had a Rotofab and ported TB. It took a few times to get the remote tune dialed in but it definitely woke the car up. I haven't had it to a track yet to see what it will do but it pulls hard up 130. I am more interested in the auto-cross and track days anyway since mine is a M6. Pretty tricky to launch these suckers at all for drag racing. I will do a that a few times however.
Camaro#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #33
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
nice job Ted!! can't wait to see how you handle E85, i love that stuff and hope to be able to use it once i decide to tune this car
The sensor is already installed and the tune is converted so it is just a matter of pouring it in the tank.

Ted.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:29 PM   #34
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I did not want to test air boxes on the factory cal because it can skew the results.

I fully tuned the stock air box then installed and tuned Each.

The CAI made 10 RWHP tuned but may see more using the factory calibration as it cleans up the stock rich tune.

The Rotofab needed a very close to the calibration I made for the stock air box and made 16 RWHP hood up hood down no difference I tested this theory several times on another ZL-1.

So Best stock air box tuned, and run against Aftermarket air boxes each dialed in perfectly.

Pulley ratio, if the same will produce the same results whether done from the bottom pulley or top pulley, the bottom pulley will always have the advantage due to better belt traction on the larger top pulley.

A long tube header will be very hard to differentiate between brands unless there is some design flaw that hurts it over others, When I choose a header I look at design specifics, die marks, flange thickness, welds tube routing collector design mounting to cats and materials they are made from, etc

I don't think I would waste time and money on ported 1.7 I would put that money toward a new larger blower which will for sure produce better results and less heat.

If someone wants to send a fully ported blower with snout and 103 I would test it.

But unless your already spinning it at Max speed I don't think we would see the benefits.

Ted.
Am I reading this correctly? The stock air box is the best approach ?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #35
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Am I reading this correctly? The stock air box is the best approach ?
No sir, I think you misunderstood.

Ted.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #36
XXX ZL1

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6
I like your approach Ted. I tune as well and its great to see others level headed and truely looking to help. Seems that approach is almost a lost art, but the new guys are a few years behind us. Lol
High PSI Billet Valve Covers, Mighty Mouse Wild CC

Signature Forged 20x10.5/20x11.5, 295/30-315/30,
BMR springs, BMR Cradle lockout, AAD Billet
Control/Trailing arms

2023 Vivid Orange ZL1 M6 - sold
2019 Riverside Blue ZL1 A10 - sold
XXX ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:05 PM   #37
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX ZL1 View Post
I like your approach Ted. I tune as well and its great to see others level headed and truely looking to help. Seems that approach is almost a lost art, but the new guys are a few years behind us. Lol
Thank you sir.

Ted.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:52 PM   #38
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
No sir, I think you misunderstood.

Ted.
Thank you for clarifying that.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #39
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Thank you for clarifying that.
You are welcome if you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Ted.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #40
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
I guess one thing I would like to know as you go through this is what mods would be considered ideal in regards to performance for the road course...I understand & see a lot of monster HP builds that are used on the strip but guessing many of those mods do not transition so well for the turns.

Again, still learning.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #41
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I guess one thing I would like to know as you go through this is what mods would be considered ideal in regards to performance for the road course...I understand & see a lot of monster HP builds that are used on the strip but guessing many of those mods do not transition so well for the turns.

Again, still learning.
Since my focus is road course as this car is primarily built for that, so I promise you will get your answers.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #42
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
As stated in another thread a 103mm TB, MAX effort porting of the blower, headers, and intake would be the best power for road course by not over spinning the blower.. They have already proved it made the same power as over spinning the blower.

I'd focus on cooling mods next exchangers and larger reservoir w fill tank..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote