Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 09-25-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
C Man

Drives: 2018 White Convertible Camaro ZL1
Roll Bar - Anyone make one?

Just wondering if anyone makes a roll bar for the 6th gen convertible?

I'm looking for one that's easy to install and won't damage the interior much.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
FdeleonZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 camaro ss convertible
RPM MAKES A BOLT IN NHRA APPROVED ROLL BAR/ CAGE FOR $1200
FdeleonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
Rpm roll cage is on phasteks site
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:03 PM   #4
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
RPM seems to be the go to bolt in brand... Does anyone have, or know of someone who has experience with the install on our Gen6 Verts? Maybe a video? How bad is the subsequent in/out assembly/disassembly after the initial install? Since doing one late season track day in Oct, I expect a few more will be in store for next year. That said I would like to eventually try other tracks and the Vert may not be as warmly welcomed as it was at my first track day without the added roll "protection".
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
driven2exceSS

Anyone move forward yet with said RPM roll bar???
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 02-10-2018, 01:30 PM   #6
driven2exceSS

Well I talked to Rob at RPM rollbars yesterday and will be following up with him in a couple more weeks. The roll bar for the 6th Gen convertible IS listed on their website although still in the R&D stage. He said he had like 11 vehs in and around the shop as we spoke and most were Camaro's, one of which was the R.A.D 6th Gen Vert. So see what happens. I must say if I go forward with this, if I wasn't already nervous enough, I'm even more so with the idea of apparently being one of the pioneers in doing this generations convertible install. And after having surfed over on Camaro5 regarding the Vert rollbar, and communicating with guys that have since installed the Coupe rollbar (across all Gens), this is not going to be as easy of an install I had hoped. Ok, now back to letting the crickets sing some more.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #7
FdeleonZ28
Account Suspended

I'm interested ! ill need it when I hit 10s lol hope it turns out nice
Old 03-09-2018, 08:03 AM   #8
driven2exceSS

Update... Rob (RPM Rollbars) emailed me back 3/7 stating they are still behind in the R&D install on the Vert, they still have a car at their shop although has been "no progress"
Old 03-30-2018, 09:26 PM   #9
driven2exceSS

Another update... Reached out to Rob again on Weds 3/28. The response back is that there are now like 14 people on his Vert "waiting list", and he also implied that they are currently now working on it. Anybody else have any info? Same or otherwise?
Old 04-26-2018, 08:34 AM   #10
Homey Da Clown

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Vert
Any updates on Roll Bar?
Homey Da Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #11
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey Da Clown View Post
Any updates on Roll Bar?
Yes actually, but not good. Emailed Rob (again) April 17th & 21st, heard back on the 23rd that they are "Not quite ready yet, over half done tho." He had some "rush jobs" come in, and was expecting to resume again after this Friday...
Honestly, I think I will see a dedicated coupe track car in my future before going this route at this point.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:49 PM   #12
FdeleonZ28
Account Suspended

someone on the facebook pages posted his self fabricated roll bar and It looked sweet. ill see if I can find the pic.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:31 AM   #13
Homey Da Clown

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Vert
Would like to see pics. I am trying to figure out a design for my car.
Homey Da Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #14
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdeleonZ28 View Post
someone on the facebook pages posted his self fabricated roll bar and It looked sweet. ill see if I can find the pic.
Find those Pics?