Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 07-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #1
Van B

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black
Radio freaks out when hot

If I leave the car parked in the sun with the windows closed and the temperature is high 80's or more the radio screen starts toggling between the home screen and what might be the clock set screen all by itself. I hear beeping and it either bounces back and forth between screens or becomes unresponsive altogether. It behaves normally when it is cooler inside.

I know I have to take it in for warranty but they may not be able to duplicate it unless it is hot outside. Also it is a pain to take it in and leave it.

Wondering if anyone has ever had this problem.
Van B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
interceptor

Drives: Stock '17 2SS M6 50th - DD '99 F150
Can't say that I have seem that problem, but I'd get yourself a portable thermometer and record the behavior on video with the thermometer in the frame. This will help validate your point when you take it in for service.

Electronics on the fence tend to behave badly in temperature extremes (+/-).

interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #3
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Sounds like the digitizer is registering ghost (or phantom) touches when it gets too hot. This is a problem with some digitizers. The digitizer is the transparent layer over the display screen which senses your finger swipes. The solution is to replace the whole display unit. Take a video with your phone as someone suggested and get it replaced under warranty. 98 here in south NJ yesterday and I experienced no such problems.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:43 PM   #4
Van B

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by interceptor View Post
Can't say that I have seem that problem, but I'd get yourself a portable thermometer and record the behavior on video with the thermometer in the frame. This will help validate your point when you take it in for service.

Electronics on the fence tend to behave badly in temperature extremes (+/-).
I was worried about how they would duplicate the problem. Thanks for the video idea.
Van B is offline   Reply With Quote