Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-13-2017, 09:31 AM   #43
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
I thought I was the only one that knew that! Don't forget that you should never EVER wear a helmet because the extra weight on your head will break your neck in a crash.

Vodka and ice will ruin your kidneys.

Rum and ice will ruin your liver.

Whisky and ice will ruin your heart.

Gin and ice will ruin your brain.

Coke and ice will ruin your teeth.

That bloody ice is lethal!! Warn all your friends: Lay off the ice!
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #44
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Brilliant...now all the mirrors can come off to save weight & better air flow.

I always wondered how all those 18 wheelers could back up to these loading docs just using their mirrors perfectly...I gotta tell them about the head rest deal.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #45
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Come on guys...LOL. yes, I have laughed with your comments. Some are ball busters...lol. BUT, it's his car, I don't like the comfort of the head restraint. It doesn't impede my view........Cause I USE MY MIRROR....LOL.
But great enjoyment reading this thread
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #46
interceptor

Drives: Stock '17 2SS M6 50th - DD '99 F150
I have to side with the OP on this one.

Removal of the head restraint does improve visibility. I can now clearly see increased probability of injury and liability for the remover. smh.

interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #47
wavsine
________/\_

Drives: Gen6 NGM RS
Send a message via Yahoo to wavsine
As a whiplash survivor, I can only tell you this is STUPID. You can get a whiplash even with the headrest in place but without it, you can be internally decapitated.

When I got my whiplash, my head moved so violently that my chin literally bounced on my chest. I knew I was badly injured and got scared. About 30 minutes later, both of my hands went numb as the swelling intensified. The pain is unbelievable and constant and went on for 6 months before it improved but has never gone away completely. That was 30 years ago.

There have been comparisons here with texting and driving. The fact is that all the texting is actually increasing your odds of being rear ended in a crash as distracted drivers fill the roads.
wavsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #48
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Let the idiot do what he wants to do! It's hard to fix stupid!!
Old 07-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #49
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
There have been comparisons here with texting and driving. The fact is that all the texting is actually increasing your odds of being rear ended in a crash as distracted drivers fill the roads.

Exactly. That was what the little pop tart was doing when she rear ended me. Thankfully she wasn't going faster due to traffic.

Oh, she was also just 5 months into her 16th birthday.

Again, as a reminder to everyone, there's a bunch of 16 year olds out there now with their parents car, all by themselves, taping away on their iPhones...... driving right behind YOU!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #50
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
If I was younger I would like to also remove the headrest to have better rear visibility and open up the interior even with the rear camera. Being older and already having neck issues I can't take the chance.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #51
Kracka

Drives: 2021 Corvette Z51
Just a heads-up, if you're involved in a serious accident and become injured insurance can deny coverage since you've intentionally defeated a required safety device. Good luck to you I suppose...but it's really your innocent passenger I'm more concerned for.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #52
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Just a heads-up, if you're involved in a serious accident and become injured insurance can deny coverage since you've intentionally defeated a required safety device. Good luck to you I suppose...but it's really your innocent passenger I'm more concerned for.
Better visibility is more important and greater than breaking your neck and passenger's neck ultimately leading to a life of paralysis (best case) or death. You should know this, c'mon man.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #53
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MerF_ View Post
Trolling level: Expert

I refuse to believe anyone can be this stupid in 2017.
Work with the public and you would think otherwise.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #54
Kracka

Drives: 2021 Corvette Z51
Also, if you're having visibility issues, properly adjust the seats and your mirrors. I've never had a problem with visibility in any modern car, including my C7 and Tr6's gen6.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #55
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
These posts are killing me. The OP CHOSE to do this. I'm sure he knows the risks. No one else has to do this, nor should they. If the OP did not know the risks, he now does from the 7,000 responses in here telling him about it, and also calling him names. I think the message was received, but we are all individuals. If the OP would rather have them removed, regardless of the safety aspects, for better visibility, then to each their own. I know people who prefer not to wear their seat belts, and I tell them that they should, but not a hundred times. I also don't call them names. I understand the sentiment from all the posters in here, but it's just overkill now.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #56
DWillys

Drives: Truck
I removed head rests in a pickup to improve visibility. It works great and really helped a lot. Of course it was the back seat that is too small to be used by anyone except my dogs.
DWillys is offline   Reply With Quote