Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 05-27-2017, 10:46 PM   #1
MSboy91

Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic 2016 2SS M6
Clink when pressing in clutch

Anybody else experiencing this. From first to second there a clunk when I press the clutch and the a little bit form 2nd to third. Just bought the car last week and it was in the shop the day after since it's still under warranty. Dealer said they didn't find anything. Any word on this? Thanks!
MSboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:01 AM   #2
interceptor

Drives: Stock '17 2SS M6 50th - DD '99 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSboy91 View Post
Anybody else experiencing this. From first to second there a clunk when I press the clutch and the a little bit form 2nd to third. Just bought the car last week and it was in the shop the day after since it's still under warranty. Dealer said they didn't find anything. Any word on this? Thanks!
Sorry, can't be of more help. I have a '17 M6 and I don't hear the behavior you mention. I do notice an increased constant noise in the cabin when I let up on the clutch, but not enough to raise concern.

interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #3
Camaroky

Drives: 2016 camaro 1SS
I notice that when I first get in the car, usually the very first start of the day, when I push in the clutch to start the car I hear a "click" "clunk" something up under the front of the car

But after that I don't hear it. I also don't hear it if I shut the car off for a few minutes and start it back up, but once it's sat for a couple hours it'll do the same thing on the first clutch press.
Camaroky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:40 PM   #4
MSboy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroky View Post
I notice that when I first get in the car, usually the very first start of the day, when I push in the clutch to start the car I hear a "click" "clunk" something up under the front of the car

But after that I don't hear it. I also don't hear it if I shut the car off for a few minutes and start it back up, but once it's sat for a couple hours it'll do the same thing on the first clutch press.
Yea it's usually first gear. I have the dealer looking at it. Hopefully it's nothing
Old 05-31-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
alexandre_baril

Drives: 2016 2SS
Mine do the same thing, but not always. Let us know how it goes
alexandre_baril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:31 AM   #6
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
If it's quiet enough, and your paying attention, you will hear the clutch engage like if you're sitting in your garage. Are you sure this is not what you are hearing? These dual plate clutches are not exactly quiet...
Old 06-02-2017, 02:27 AM   #7
MSboy91

dealer said there was nothing wrong that they could find. I traded in my 14 for the 16 2ss. My 14 I had didn't jerk as much when I pressed the clutch in in the lower gears, but this one does. not that big a deal. hopefully it's suppose to be that way
Old 06-02-2017, 08:02 AM   #8
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSboy91 View Post
dealer said there was nothing wrong that they could find. I traded in my 14 for the 16 2ss. My 14 I had didn't jerk as much when I pressed the clutch in in the lower gears, but this one does. not that big a deal. hopefully it's suppose to be that way
Your other one didn't have a dual plate clutch like the new one. It will not be as smooth, but is stronger.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:39 AM   #9
MSboy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Your other one didn't have a dual plate clutch like the new one. It will not be as smooth, but is stronger.
Well after a couple day of driving it I can tell that it's not clunking as much. Shifts are still much smoother than the 14