#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 12-01-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quantifiable traction suspension improvement

So I'm thinking I'm going to do a couple things to improve traction via suspension but was wondering if anyone has anything to say besides it feels better or I can tell there is a differencethings like:
I use to be able to launch my M6 at 2k rpm without wheel spin and now I can do 2.5
I use to spin when I down shifted to second at 50mph but now no spin
My old best 0-60 (1/4th etc) was x.x and is now x.x
Anything like that?
I'm thinking of doing the cradle lock out, lower trailing arms, and upper control arms.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:01 AM   #2
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
wheel spin will prob be more of an issue of tires and traction as opposed to arms and tightness of bushings...

wheel hop is a different thing than wheel spin and how hard you can launch, although if you have wheel hop, it will allow the wheels to spin, once they lose contact with the pavement you run on.

the mods you listed have quite a bit of stock rubber to em. everyones car is different and will behave different. for example, the avg driver is no where near MY size.... so the amount of weight I add to a car, will be different than yours. also depends on driving style and the amount of power you put down.

for example, if I add an additional 400lbs to my v6 in just the driver mod alone, its not gonna compare to your SS because it has a heavier engine( even though it NOW may weigh the same)....you also have more hp and tq. and the power and weight will be applied in a different manner and area.

the parts you listed are sound. with the increase in rigidity alone, youll be putting more power to the ground instead of lost via the soft stock rubber bushings. so times should be better. but your driving skills is gonna be the determinant to HOW MUCH better.

id also shoot for the upper trailing arms as well.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #3
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
I plan to do this after upgrading wheels. I'd like to go with a full BMR suspension setup with parts you've mentioned along with upper trailing arms, sway bars, end links, toe bars, rear cradle chassis brace and GM upper tower brace. That will be about as much as the wheels and tires lol I plan to start road course tracking along with dragging next summer.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
ender2664
Account Suspended

I have 315s in the rear.
I'm not interested in better handling as I think the car handles just fine the way it is.
I have zero intention to auto x the car and might go to the 1/4 track but also am not particularly worried about that.
I just want to get better traction on the street. I get zero noticeable wheel hop and it seems counter intuitive to me that putting more power to the ground is going to help me not spin the wheels but am told the suspension parts will keep the back end planted better and help maximize the contact patch especially under hard acceleration which of course will help the tires not spin.
I decided to go ahead and order the trailing arms and will see if they provide me with more traction. I'll report back and if they do I'll buy some more stuff I have had recommended otherwise I only wasted $200 and will be far less upset than if I waisted $800ish.
As for driver skill:
I'm pretty damn good in a straight line and above average in the turns, definitely not as good as an auto Xer, but definitely better than the average person in a straight line. I have a couple utube videos if anyone wants to give me some constructive criticism. People have said my timer is off and not to trust it but no one has criticized my technique.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #5
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Well if after you get the trailing arms and don't find them useful for your needs, let me know!
Old 12-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #6
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Well if after you get the trailing arms and don't find them useful for your needs, let me know!
Probably won't install for two weeks; gibson has kaylee most or all of next week.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #7
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
I just want to get better traction on the street. I get zero noticeable wheel hop and it seems counter intuitive to me that putting more power to the ground is going to help me not spin the wheels but am told the suspension parts will keep the back end planted better and help maximize the contact patch especially under hard acceleration which of course will help the tires not spin.
Being able to put more power to the ground isn't the same as driving hard enough or harshly enough to require it.

From your description, it sounds like you're in the market for a mod that increases the rear anti-squat percent more than mods aimed more at reducing/eliminating wheel hop. Unfortunately, I have no idea if anything for this exists for the 6th gen.

The only other thing I can think of is that you may be experiencing temperatures below what your tires need for what you're asking of them.

Norm
Old 12-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #8
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Probably won't install for two weeks; gibson has kaylee most or all of next week.
lol your welcome btw and who is kaylee?
Old 12-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #9
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
lol your welcome btw and who is kaylee?
Her
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #10
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:
I have 315s in the rear.
I'm not interested in better handling as I think the car handles just fine the way it is.
I have zero intention to auto x the car and might go to the 1/4 track but also am not particularly worried about that.
I decided to go ahead and order the trailing arms and will see if they provide me with more traction. I'll report back and if they do I'll buy some more stuff I have had recommended otherwise I only wasted $200 and will be far less upset than if I waisted $800ish.
As for driver skill:
I'm pretty damn good in a straight line and above average in the turns, definitely not as good as an auto Xer, but definitely better than the average person in a straight line. I have a couple utube videos if anyone wants to give me some constructive criticism. People have said my timer is off and not to trust it but no one has criticized my technique.
Wait...I thought you said you had 305-30's in the rear. Now you have 315's?
Doyal_Mcneff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:29 PM   #11
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
1. Stiffen up IRS
2. Set MRC to tour
3. Turn off TC
4. Enjoy better traction
5. ???
6. Profit?
Old 12-04-2016, 08:30 PM   #12
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
1. Stiffen up IRS
2. Set MRC to tour
3. Turn off TC
4. Enjoy better traction
5. ???
6. Profit?
5 and 6?
Old 12-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #13
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:
Her
Is that your wife's car? Or did you name your car and slap her name on the side? Those look like 305-30's so I'm assuming it's your wife's car since you said you have 315's.
Doyal_Mcneff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #14
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_Mcneff View Post
Is that your wife's car? Or did you name your car and slap her name on the side? Those look like 305-30's so I'm assuming it's your wife's car since you said you have 315's.
My car's name is kaylee.