Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2019 Camaro Refresh?
Love it! Best refresh yet! 43 6.63%
Hate it! What were they thinking? 347 53.47%
Meh, I'll reserve judgement when I see it in person. 259 39.91%
Voters: 649. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #71
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Here's a fix!
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #72
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
First glance, GM has bombed on both the 5th gen and now the 6th gen refresh. Still want to see it in person to make final judgement, but as of now, hell no. Hopefully this means the 7th gen (provided they have one if sales keep falling), will look even better.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #73
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlackCamaroSS View Post
First glance, GM has bombed on both the 5th gen and now the 6th gen refresh. Still want to see it in person to make final judgement, but as of now, hell no. Hopefully this means the 7th gen (provided they have one if sales keep falling), will look even better.
I thought the 5 gen refresh was great. I didn’t like the camaro at all, prior to that. Looked like a huge car with no athleticism until the grille profile was reduced.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #74
BAMF

Drives: The Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
Ppl keep saying I have to see it in person or I have to let it grow on me...why? You’re supposed love a car the moment you see it not let it grow on you then convince your self you have to buy it, you’re supposed to be like wow the minute you lay your eyes on a car, if not then pass you never liked it.
Completely agree with this.

I loved the 5th gen concept the moment I first saw it. It made me obsessed with the Camaro. It made me want to become a car enthusiast. Likewise, I loved the 2010-2013 production 5th gen the moment I saw it. I loved the 5th gen ZL1 the moment I saw it. I loved the 6th gen SS the moment I saw it. I loved the 6th gen ZL1 the moment I saw it. The ZL1 1LE the moment I saw it.

When I drive my 2017 SS now, my wife and I STILL catch people cranking their necks around to get a look and have their jaws drop. That’s not an exaggeration. I still park my car where I can see it when I’m out somewhere, and regularly catch people checking it out.

I hated the T5 Bumblebee car the moment I saw it. STILL absolutely hate it today. I hated this 2019 SS (and the lower trims as well) the moment I saw it, and I don’t think that’s ever going to change at all. Yeah, I’ll get used to it after a while when I see it in person, but I won’t ever like it.

If other people see these cars when they are on the streets, do we tell them “just keep looking, you’ll learn to like it...eventually” or something?

BAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:27 PM   #75
liv

Drives: 2022 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
I thought the 5 gen refresh was great. I didn’t like the camaro at all, prior to that. Looked like a huge car with no athleticism until the grille profile was reduced.
Me too. I loved the 5th gen refresh so much that I bought one (2015 2SS/RS).

Ordered a 2018 2SS on Monday 4/9. Got home than went on this site and saw the 2019 refresh, do not like it at all. Very surprised!
2015 2SS/RS Coupe Commemorative Special Edition
1970 Camaro RS Coupe 3 speed
1969 Camaro SS Coupe 4 speed
liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 PM   #76
jingaling

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 MT
I like the new hood and that's about it... They really messed up the tail lights with the new design.
jingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:48 AM   #77
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
Completely agree with this.

I loved the 5th gen concept the moment I first saw it. It made me obsessed with the Camaro. It made me want to become a car enthusiast. Likewise, I loved the 2010-2013 production 5th gen the moment I saw it. I loved the 5th gen ZL1 the moment I saw it. I loved the 6th gen SS the moment I saw it. I loved the 6th gen ZL1 the moment I saw it. The ZL1 1LE the moment I saw it.

When I drive my 2017 SS now, my wife and I STILL catch people cranking their necks around to get a look and have their jaws drop. That’s not an exaggeration. I still park my car where I can see it when I’m out somewhere, and regularly catch people checking it out.

I hated the T5 Bumblebee car the moment I saw it. STILL absolutely hate it today. I hated this 2019 SS (and the lower trims as well) the moment I saw it, and I don’t think that’s ever going to change at all. Yeah, I’ll get used to it after a while when I see it in person, but I won’t ever like it.

If other people see these cars when they are on the streets, do we tell them “just keep looking, you’ll learn to like it...eventually” or something?

+2
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #78
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Wow, just awful. GM should poll this site with pre-prod designs to get input. Probably the best market survey they could do. Will be real curious how sales hold.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #79
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
The options aren't really that helpful. I didn't vote because my option was not there. I don't love it. I don't hate it. I'm not indifferent to it. Those seem to be the only options.

What do you think of the 2019 Camaro Refresh?
O Love it! Best refresh yet!
O Was pretty much what I expected
X It's OK for a refresh, but not enough to make me trade in my current car
O Disappointed. I was expecting more
O Hate it! What were they thinking?
O Meh, I'll reserve judgement when I see it in person.

For me, X marks the spot.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:50 AM   #80
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
Ppl keep saying I have to see it in person or I have to let it grow on me...why? You’re supposed love a car the moment you see it not let it grow on you then convince your self you have to buy it, you’re supposed to be like wow the minute you lay your eyes on a car, if not then pass you never liked it.
I posted this years ago, it seems to be the GM and fanboy philosophy. It like they strive to hear "it's growing on me". Or strive to be the D student in honors classes, the Rudy of college football. I find that ridiculous! Why cant you come out and blow people away, make people say "damn"! Badass car! Many sports/exoctic cars ,etc come out and people instantly have that reaction. The newest gen vette gained that reaction, but everytime the Camaro does a refresh debacle people can trace roots to Malibu's, domestic sedans, etc. Why? Why not shoot high trace roots to muscle, exotics, etc. Do something that is bold and stands out, not this banana shaped grill thing that does not match the pointed hood.

Fanboys will argue "oh the engineers spent hours and hours of R&D, blah blah, Aerodynamics, flowtie discovery(badge with a hole in it). Retro hints, etc.. Just cut the Bull already, they have lost that design detail, exclusivity, and bold muscle car direction.
But don't fret fellow Camaro folks.. It will grow on you, and they will call it a win..

Awesome poll results!
LMAO

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #81
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Looks Like a Truck Frontend

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
Here's a fix!

The Camaro always had a great combination of a Pretty/Aggressive look. Where's the pretty in the new refresh?
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #82
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Yeah, and I would ask where is the aggressive in the refresh? The ZL1 looks aggressive. The refresh looks even less aggressive than the current SS.
No doubt.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:19 AM   #83
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Air curtains are GM's new shtick that they will apply ad nauseam to any vehicle they reintroduce from 2019-on, until people finally tell them they are turned off by it.

I have a feeling we'll see a 2021 Silverado refresh, just like the 2016 NNBS.

Also, I hope if Al O. sees one thing on this site this year, it is the results of this pole. If he sees anything else on the internet, I hope he searches for "2019 Camaro" and sets the filter to recent results before watching the top 20 results. The front end just looks like someone at GM lost a bet and was forced to put that hideous T5 movie front end onto the car. Didn't they see the 100 pages of hate about that vehicle when the movie came out? There was still plenty of time then to correct it.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:24 AM   #84
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Air curtains are GM's new shtick that they will apply ad nauseam to any vehicle they reintroduce from 2019-on, until people finally tell them they are turned off by it.

I have a feeling we'll see a 2021 Silverado refresh, just like the 2016 NNBS.

Also, I hope if Al O. sees one thing on this site this year, it is the results of this pole. If he sees anything else on the internet, I hope he searches for "2019 Camaro" and sets the filter to recent results before watching the top 20 results. The front end just looks like someone at GM lost a bet and was forced to put that hideous T5 movie front end onto the car. Didn't they see the 100 pages of hate about that vehicle when the movie came out? There was still plenty of time then to correct it.
Not a GM thing. In order to achieve NHTSA mandated, IIHS influenced 5-star ratings, every car sold in America (and Europe, based on their similar requirements) will have air curtains eventually. Most are being added at the vehicle’s next major. 2019 was the major for GM Pickups and large utilities. Expect for Camaro 7.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote