Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-15-2021, 05:13 PM   #1
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
Well this is new for me...

I'm not used to not being able to leave things in my garage without them freezing. Looks like orange juice.

Name:  20210215_170828.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  71.6 KB
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #2
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Wow it does look like a jug of orange juice! Don’t drink it! Lol...
Old 02-15-2021, 05:46 PM   #3
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
That global warming is sure affecting everything, by freezing everything up.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:50 PM   #4
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
Climate change, not global warming

https://climate.nasa.gov/resources/g...limate-change/
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #5
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post

Yes, get the scams correct.

First ice age that never happened in the 70s, then we had the ozone nightmare where we would all die. Global warming got played out when people saw thru the facade, so they have now brought it out with a new name "climate change" to perpetuate the myth.

Also pay close attention how someone is always making money off of it since it is so serious. And I mean Manbearpig super serial!
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:22 PM   #6
Flowtie1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Climate change, as in weather.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:52 PM   #7
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Here's a very interesting article: https://phzoe.com/2019/12/30/what-global-warming

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #8
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
A nasty 83f in FL with dews over 72f. I hate it.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:39 PM   #9
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
I see the the sarcasm, but...

“Weather reflects short-term conditions of the atmosphere while climate is the average daily weather for an extended period of time at a certain location. ... Weather can change from minute-to-minute, hour-to-hour, day-to-day, and season-to-season. Climate, is the average of weather over time and space.”
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:00 PM   #10
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Yes, get the scams correct.

First ice age that never happened in the 70s, then we had the ozone nightmare where we would all die. Global warming got played out when people saw thru the facade, so they have now brought it out with a new name "climate change" to perpetuate the myth.

Also pay close attention how someone is always making money off of it since it is so serious. And I mean Manbearpig super serial!
Scientists could make more money in other fields actually, like working in the oil industry for example.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:07 PM   #11
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Guys, I realize that we're on site that is self selected for people who like V8 engines, and thus don't have fuel economy and protecting the earth at the top of their priority list. Given the hordes of people who have gravitated to SUVs and their inefficient shape and use of fuel (vs sedans), the masses can hardly point fingers at sports car owners. However, I will say that if you are going to weigh in and claim that climate change is some kind of fabricated myth, you should first have an open mind and seek more data before doing so.

Scientists don't have a horse in this game, other than observing trends and trying to protect the earth so that it's habitable for generations to come. Plenty of research (there are numerous documentaries on this) has shown that the temperature excursions and moving averages that we are seeing over the last 150 years are indeed rising relative to the thousands of years before that (ice core samples can tell you a lot). And that the cause appears to be CO2 levels that have risen steadily since over the same time period due to the industrial revolution. The temps only need to rise a degree or two to cause large changes to ice levels at the poles, with the result that the meltwater makes it way into the ocean and screws up currents (like the gulf stream) that normally circulate global heat from tropics to the poles. This then changes air currents and weather patterns around the globe (climate change) getting us to where we are today. Humans are causing this problem, and need to own up to it so we can engineer solutions before it's too late.

Having said that, I tried to do my part by driving a hybrid for 10 years, but ultimately just bought a Camaro SS so I could enjoy it on the track before the thrill of gas powered engines is a thing of the past ("the motor laws" - Rush predicted the future). So now I'm conflicted, but I'm not going to deny I'm now contributing more to the problem.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #12
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Guys, I realize that we're on site that is self selected for people who like V8 engines, and thus don't have fuel economy and protecting the earth at the top of their priority list. Given the hordes of people who have gravitated to SUVs and their inefficient shape and use of fuel (vs sedans), the masses can hardly point fingers at sports car owners. However, I will say that if you are going to weigh in and claim that climate change is some kind of fabricated myth, you should first have an open mind and seek more data before doing so.

Scientists don't have a horse in this game, other than observing trends and trying to protect the earth so that it's habitable for generations to come. Plenty of research (there are numerous documentaries on this) has shown that the temperature excursions and moving averages that we are seeing over the last 150 years are indeed rising relative to the thousands of years before that (ice core samples can tell you a lot). And that the cause appears to be CO2 levels that have risen steadily since over the same time period due to the industrial revolution. The temps only need to rise a degree or two to cause large changes to ice levels at the poles, with the result that the meltwater makes it way into the ocean and screws up currents (like the gulf stream) that normally circulate global heat from tropics to the poles. This then changes air currents and weather patterns around the globe (climate change) getting us to where we are today. Humans are causing this problem, and need to own up to it so we can engineer solutions before it's too late.

Having said that, I tried to do my part by driving a hybrid for 10 years, but ultimately just bought a Camaro SS so I could enjoy it on the track before the thrill of gas powered engines is a thing of the past ("the motor laws" - Rush predicted the future). So now I'm conflicted, but I'm not going to deny I'm now contributing more to the problem.
No, it’s unmitigated bull shit.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:42 PM   #13
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post

Well stated, but you need to realize that half of the morons here still think Trump won the election 😂😂😂😂
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:06 PM   #14
Crazy Drywall Guy

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
Well stated, but you need to realize that half of the morons here still think Trump won the election 😂😂😂😂
I think it's well over half.... I have yet to see a Camaro driver wearing a mask 😷
Crazy Drywall Guy is offline   Reply With Quote