Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-09-2020, 01:36 AM   #1
SS on the go

Drives: 2018 camaro ss1
Headers and Calif SAE laws

Ok Ok Ok, soon i will be adding on mods, cams,pro charger,and headers on my 2018 SS. After installing the headers Everything will be Stock down to the stock muffler. Now i live in south Cal so im taking a big chance. My questions is how can i keep tone some of that loudness down to where avoiding being pulled over and get a ticket. I was thinking about an axelback Touring Type exhaust from Borla . any thoughts ?
SS on the go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:51 AM   #2
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
With a cam, pro-charger and headers, nothing about your car will be quiet. Many folks in SoCal already get harassed with 100% stock cars. That includes stock duel-mode exhaust.

It’s not a matter of if, but when you get pulled over. It’s not worth getting sent to state ref. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:36 AM   #3
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
If it were me, in California, I would just take all that Mod Money and use it as a down payment on a ZL1 and call it a day.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:30 AM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS on the go View Post
Ok Ok Ok, soon i will be adding on mods, cams,pro charger,and headers on my 2018 SS. After installing the headers Everything will be Stock down to the stock muffler. Now i live in south Cal so im taking a big chance. My questions is how can i keep tone some of that loudness down to where avoiding being pulled over and get a ticket. I was thinking about an axelback Touring Type exhaust from Borla . any thoughts ?
I would try adding a resonator, like AWE's touring X-Pipe. May not be enough, but its an option I will look at to keep the sound levels down when I purchase and mod a 6th Gen in a couple years.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:06 AM   #5
sroby

Drives: Ford
Legal procedures in driving under influence cases can be complex, with specific timelines and requirements. DUI lawyers act as guides, ensuring that all necessary steps are taken, deadlines are met, and paperwork is filed accurately. Their familiarity with legal procedures is instrumental in avoiding potential pitfalls.
sroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 08:19 AM   #6
SamSmoothCastel

Drives: 67 Orange Mustang Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
With a cam, pro-charger and headers, nothing about your car will be quiet. Many folks in SoCal already get harassed with 100% stock cars. That includes stock duel-mode exhaust.

It’s not a matter of if, but when you get pulled over. It’s not worth getting sent to state ref. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Can confirm.

Got the stock NPP and have been pulled over 2X for the exhaust. You'll also be told its illegal to drive in Sport or Track mode on the streets and the dealer should have told me. Im older. Like to hit the canyons in Malibu and shoot up the coast on a nice warm day. You'll see exotics and muscle cars pulled over everywhere on the LA County side. I'm even hesitant to change my CAI with all the hoods I've seen popped. Love the car but buying one in this chit state was a mistake. Nothings worse than driving in the rear view mirror. They have been instructed to get these "gas guzzlers" off the highway. CHP unfortunately listens to the state. You'll almost never see the SD or PD pulling anyone over unless they are going an absurd amount over the speed limit.

God Bless California. $5 Gas , soon to be $12 McDonalds Cheese burgers and lets not forget the father state of EV.
SamSmoothCastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 08:52 AM   #7
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Save the money instead and use it to move to a free state. I don't know how any sane person lives in Cali anymore.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:52 AM   #8
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS on the go View Post
Follow a Harley around everywhere.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 10:24 AM   #9
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
If it were me, in California, I would just take all that Mod Money and use it as a down payment on a ZL1 and call it a day.

HAHA... thats what I said also... then 2K miles later, the motor is resting on my engine stand... HAHA
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:23 AM   #10
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
They literally ticketed and harassed a guy for a factory stock exhaust on a Hyundai Elantra N, which was a turbo 4 cylinder. It's absolutely NOT worth the time, effort, and frustration to do this. You are just asking for problems at this point.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:27 AM   #11
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Y'all are responding to a 4 year old thread that a bot revived
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:12 AM   #12
SamSmoothCastel

Drives: 67 Orange Mustang Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by easttxss View Post