Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V6 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 07-04-2020, 02:24 AM   #1
Brian Burrows

Drives: FORD, FOCUS 2003 1.6
GLOWING RED EXHAUST MANIFOLDS?

Hi, all. Just had new exhaust manifolds, plugs, wires, distributor cap etc. put on my beast yesterday afternoon by the nearby shop. After warming it up this morning and starting to go, I get electrical snaps and popping noises very briefly, which immediately subsides and then the engine idles normally. Then I notice what feels like severe power loss climbing a steep hill, as if the engine is running out of breath. I return home and pop the hood only to find the manifolds glowing cherry red?? What is going on here? Thanks for any suggestions you guys may have.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
Big_D

Drives: '05 C6, '13 1LE, ‘17 2SS
Easiest thing to check for is to see if the plugs were cracked due to over torquing on install (ask me how I know). Pull each plug and look at the white porcelain area closely under a good light source.

Also, this is in the classifieds area, you might want to post the same question in the correct area.
Big_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #3
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
Hi, all. Just had new exhaust manifolds, plugs, wires, distributor cap etc. put on my beast yesterday afternoon by the nearby shop. After warming it up this morning and starting to go, I get electrical snaps and popping noises very briefly, which immediately subsides and then the engine idles normally. Then I notice what feels like severe power loss climbing a steep hill, as if the engine is running out of breath. I return home and pop the hood only to find the manifolds glowing cherry red?? What is going on here? Thanks for any suggestions you guys may have.
Clogged cats probably. All that heat building up with little to flow through. You can check plugs but take a rubber hammer and tap the cats, if you hear rattling, they need replacing ot gutting.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust