Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #15
ride_002000

Drives: 2016 F150
Here's some up close pics. I painted these myself with some 2k satin black. Came out great.

ride_002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:16 PM   #16
cnc237

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
ACS on mine and I love them
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2019, 10:18 PM   #17
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc237 View Post
ACS on mine and I love them
I’ve been eyeing down the ACS side skirts! How do you like them?
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #18
cnc237

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
I’ve been eyeing down the ACS side skirts! How do you like them?
I love them. They just add so much visually (as you know) but the fit and finish is out standing.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:06 PM   #19
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19SS393 View Post
Here’s a pic of mine, didn’t even paint left primer on and keep a protectant spray for vinyl on it. Eventually will get it wrapped. Haven’t got side skirts yet.
I know this thread is a bit old, but wanted to add a comment here... From what I understand, the EOS products are all described as being "Primer Black" which is nothing more than a color - they are not actually primed. The mold them, clean them up, and that's it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #20
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
I wish we could have gotten a better conclusion from this thread.

I am not rolling in the money, so to add splitter, rockers, spoiler, intake, exhaust, and tune is a pretty impossible order to fill..... but i want to.

so EOS looks like the best option for me..... but only if it works. If i have to buy things a second time, or pay for labor to fix things before even installing them, then I am certainly not saving money
Old 06-13-2020, 12:15 PM   #21
CamaroRSOnt

Drives: 2023 SS Vert
EOS Side Skirts

I put on EOS sideskirts, they were fine. Reasonably priced.

Painted them Satin Black to match my GM front splitter. I recommend galvanized or stainless steel screws rather than the ones they sent, do both underneath and the side angles with screws. I tried 3M tape to hold the sides and it pulled off overnight so cleaned it up and put screws in. I also used black silicone in the slight gap that exists at the last foot of the sides skirts towards the back.
Attached Images

2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
CamaroRSOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:51 PM   #22
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
I wish we could have gotten a better conclusion from this thread.

I am not rolling in the money, so to add splitter, rockers, spoiler, intake, exhaust, and tune is a pretty impossible order to fill..... but i want to.

so EOS looks like the best option for me..... but only if it works. If i have to buy things a second time, or pay for labor to fix things before even installing them, then I am certainly not saving money
I've got EOS splitter and skirts coming this week and will be at least temporarily installing the splitter so I can verify the correct fit of a Sto & Sho. I will be attempting to validate the skirts at the same time and will be trying to determine if I might be able to do it with only tape on the sides as I am -not- thrilled about drilling the rockers.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #23
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I had a poor experience with them.
The side skirts were a terrible fitment. So bad I wonder if I just got a set that were molded wrong. The splitter seemed...cheap. put way too much work into painting them and fighting with the fit that I gave up. Got a refund and paid double to order c7.
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:23 AM   #24
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I've got EOS splitter and skirts coming this week and will be at least temporarily installing the splitter so I can verify the correct fit of a Sto & Sho. I will be attempting to validate the skirts at the same time and will be trying to determine if I might be able to do it with only tape on the sides as I am -not- thrilled about drilling the rockers.
I would not suggest tape only. It will not hold. Just getting in and out with your lower calf will be a problem.
I wasn't keen on the drilling either but your only drilling into the plastic rocker panel. C7 gave me 40 self tapping screws to do all 3 pieces. Does that tell you anything about how it needs to be secured?
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:52 AM   #25
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
I would not suggest tape only. It will not hold. Just getting in and out with your lower calf will be a problem.
I wasn't keen on the drilling either but your only drilling into the plastic rocker panel. C7 gave me 40 self tapping screws to do all 3 pieces. Does that tell you anything about how it needs to be secured?
The kit I ordered is specifically marketed for the '19 and '20 RS and SS models. I've read experiences similar to your where tape only simply didn't work, but I don't know if there's an actual difference in the molded shape of these since they are for '19 and up - that's the only reason I was going to try.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:28 PM   #26
CamaroRSOnt

Drives: 2023 SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
The kit I ordered is specifically marketed for the '19 and '20 RS and SS models. I've read experiences similar to your where tape only simply didn't work, but I don't know if there's an actual difference in the molded shape of these since they are for '19 and up - that's the only reason I was going to try.

Mine is a 2020 RS, the EOS kit was specific for this model and the SS. It appeared the molding fit nicely when installed but overnight the side skirt pulled away from the rocker panel. It was 1/2" 3M Molding Tape made for this sort of application. I cleaned the rocker and side skirt with alcohol first, did all the right things.

There is enough tension to pull the side skirt away apparently. I just went ahead with screws, fit nicely then, still some gap at the rear though, last foot, others have also reported this. I used painters tape and covered the side skirt and rocker panel and put black silicone in the gap, can't tell unless you get on your knees to look at it. The rocker panel is plastic where you hit it from the side, not a big deal to screw into. As I said I used stainless steel screws , others have used galvanized, not sure about the ones sent to you with the kit whether they won't rust or not so just went ahead with higher quality screws.

Here is the tape I used, disappointed in it:

https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

These are the side skirts I ordered from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-2...ef_=ast_sto_dp
2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
CamaroRSOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:53 PM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroRSOnt View Post
Mine is a 2020 RS, the EOS kit was specific for this model and the SS. It appeared the molding fit nicely when installed but overnight the side skirt pulled away from the rocker panel. It was 1/2" 3M Molding Tape made for this sort of application. I cleaned the rocker and side skirt with alcohol first, did all the right things.

There is enough tension to pull the side skirt away apparently. I just went ahead with screws, fit nicely then, still some gap at the rear though, last foot, others have also reported this. I used painters tape and covered the side skirt and rocker panel and put black silicone in the gap, can't tell unless you get on your knees to look at it. The rocker panel is plastic where you hit it from the side, not a big deal to screw into. As I said I used stainless steel screws , others have used galvanized, not sure about the ones sent to you with the kit whether they won't rust or not so just went ahead with higher quality screws.

Here is the tape I used, disappointed in it:

https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

These are the side skirts I ordered from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-2...ef_=ast_sto_dp
The skirts are the same part number as the ones included in the set I bought. Maybe that's the problem you had... You didn't get the Canadian version and the conversion threw off the measurements.

I appreciate the input. Mine are supposed to arrive Wednesday but I won't be able to do more than a rudimentary test-fit right away as I have to decide whether to put them on "as is", wrap them, or paint them.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:11 PM   #28
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
In all honesty, do yourselves a favor and just order the ACS Composites. They really are the best option out there and are the closest to OEM that you will get as far as quality and fitment. I have heard so many issues with Ikon, EOS, C7, ZL1 addons. They either don't fit great and have gaps, the tape doesn't hold, they switch out the hardware because the hardware provided is no good, the paint is not good, some don't have any instructions with them. ACS has everything you need and it is quality. On top of that, they have the best customer service and will take care of you. They also offer to my knowledge, the only rock guards that are compatible with side skirts and still look good and not like a flimsy mud flap. They also have a undertray to compliment the front splitter. They are a bit more pricey, but like someone already stated on here, you get what you pay for and when you pay as much for these cars as we do and you want them to look nice, you just put good quality parts on them to last your investment.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote