Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
JKO

Drives: 2016 2 SS
1.25 lowering springs

Are there any ground clearence issues with the 1.25 springs i will be putting long tube headers in a few mths and wondering i can pick up a set for a good price but worried about it.

2020 ZL1 .
JKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Ground clearance issues can occur with any lowering spring, it all depends on the condition of the roads in your area. Speed bumps, pot holes, and/or agressive inclines can wreak havoc on any lowered car. Obviously, the lower your car is the more risky it is. As far as header clearance, some brands stick down lower than others, so it is hard to say what your chances are. But I would say, in general, very few people have issues with header-to-ground clearance.

BTW....we just released a new 1.25" spring for the 5th Gen V-8 Camaro (SP077)....and it is less expensive than all of our other springs!!! Just throwing that option out there!!!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
JKO

Drives: 2016 2 SS
Aa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Ground clearance issues can occur with any lowering spring, it all depends on the condition of the roads in your area. Speed bumps, pot holes, and/or agressive inclines can wreak havoc on any lowered car. Obviously, the lower your car is the more risky it is. As far as header clearance, some brands stick down lower than others, so it is hard to say what your chances are. But I would say, in general, very few people have issues with header-to-ground clearance.

BTW....we just released a new 1.25" spring for the 5th Gen V-8 Camaro (SP077)....and it is less expensive than all of our otr springs!!! Just throwing that option out there!!!
Thanks i will check them out.

2020 ZL1 .
JKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post

BTW....we just released a new 1.25" spring for the 5th Gen V-8 Camaro (SP077)....and it is less expensive than all of our other springs!!! Just throwing that option out there!!!
Well said, Keith. Looking forward to trying out a set of those new 1.25"ers!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Is there a strut and rear shock that's worth replacing if I use your 1.25 drop springs on my 14 1le??
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #6
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I have only hit my kooks lt headers when I was crossing over to mexico on the border. Boy are those speed bumps huge or what? Like 5" high. I have BMR 1" lowering springs
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Is there a strut and rear shock that's worth replacing if I use your 1.25 drop springs on my 14 1le??
Absolutely!!! Koni STR.T's (non-adjustable "orange"). They're on sale right now through the end of August for 25% off. Yes, the price listed on our website is the sale price. I believe we have the front struts in stock, but the rear shocks are back-ordered from Koni until late August (or more likely early Sept).
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #8
Redwidow

Drives: 2014 1le crystal red metallic
I have a1le and am looking to purchase lowering springs. I like to autocross and would like to do some road track days. Would the bmr 1.25 work for me? Also what do the different spring rates do to the ride?
Redwidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #9
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwidow View Post
I have a1le and am looking to purchase lowering springs. I like to autocross and would like to do some road track days. Would the bmr 1.25 work for me? Also what do the different spring rates do to the ride?
1-1.25" is just right for handling. You'll notice a firmer, sportier ride with less body roll.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote