Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
JKO

Drives: 2016 2 SS
Cold air inductions voids warranty

The wife got a CEL today brought in they didn't even know what it was it cleared and didn't come back on (no not gas cap) but when she picked it up they told her that the cold air inductions intake will void warranty if they would have had to fix anything. If they would make a sports car that you don't have to add bolt ons to make it run like it should we wouldn't have this problem.
JKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
ConqSoft

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
It will only void the warranty if they can prove that the CAI caused the problem you want them to fix.
ConqSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
And ignorant of Federal law.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #5
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Take your ass somewhere else. I've had my share of small time booney cheap dealers.
And yes why not make the car with a better air intake. An extra 10-15 hp may increase sales.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #6
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
Well said!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
What he said.

Will This Modification Void My Warranty?
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #8
JKO

Yeah I know just it was very convenient for my wife that dealership is 1/4 mile form her work place and I am at work I will use the dealership I bought the car from now it has her kind of gun shy to do anything to the car .
Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #9
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
taking yourself somewhere else is exactly what they want...they already sold you the car and made their money.

The money GM pays for repairs was drastically reduced after the government got them, what used to be a juicy little business for the dealers has turned into something they basically get payed cost for, and they don't want to take up man hours or space working on low profit repairs when they can have all those other suckers who bring their vehicles to the dealer for repairs outside of warranties. and after all, no matter how crappy they service people after the sale, 75% of the people will come back any ways cause they just aren't going to own anything but a Chevy, or a Ford or whatever they have convinced themselves is the only brand they are going to restrict themselves to....

So ya they would be glad for you to go somewhere else. I'm ornery enough I would take it there on a real problem, have them refuse then start ripping letters off to GM and BBB until they do it or get a black eye. You can always still go somewhere else later if you don't succeed.

On the other hand I don't know if I want someone who cant figure out what a a code their own computer throws is...kinda makes me wonder who they have working on the cars there....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #10
JKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
taking yourself somewhere else is exactly what they want...they already sold you the car and made their money.

The money GM pays for repairs was drastically reduced after the government got them, what used to be a juicy little business for the dealers has turned into something they basically get payed cost for, and they don't want to take up man hours or space working on low profit repairs when they can have all those other suckers who bring their vehicles to the dealer for repairs outside of warranties. and after all, no matter how crappy they service people after the sale, 75% of the people will come back any ways cause they just aren't going to own anything but a Chevy, or a Ford or whatever they have convinced themselves is the only brand they are going to restrict themselves to....

So ya they would be glad for you to go somewhere else. I'm ornery enough I would take it there on a real problem, have them refuse then start ripping letters off to GM and BBB until they do it or get a black eye. You can always still go somewhere else later if you don't succeed.

On the other hand I don't know if I want someone who cant figure out what a a code their own computer throws is...kinda makes me wonder who they have working on the cars there....

You are right my wife said it was a young kid that she was talking to not sure if the service manager was out or what anyway he said it was a code that was in the computer's history they cleared it and it never came back so take that for what it's worth, I have been a GM man all my life but lately I just don't know ,things have a changed a lot you go to a parts house (Autozone,Oreiliy's etc) they can't get you a valve stem without the make, model ,year, and engine size now the dealerships are getting the same way.

2020 ZL1 .
Old 07-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
@Rhyder, I am really interested to know your inside knowledge of how GM pays it's dealers for warranty repairs.
All car manufacturers pay less time and a lower labor rate for warranty repairs. Has nothing to do with the government bailout.
2010 2SSRS A6, Custom Pat G. Cam, WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valvetrain, Fluidampr 25% UDP, All Engine ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator/Trans cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, ADM Race Intake/Scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors/pads
Prothane bushings, ZL1 wheels, spoiler, Z/28 wickerbill, 1LE Aero/Suspension Package, Anderson Composites COPO Carbon Fiber Hood, LED lighting, Elite Catch Can, Improved Racing oil pan baffle, crank scraper, windage tray
480 RWHP 452 RWTQ + Nitrous Express 150 Shot
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:43 AM   #12
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
LOLL...never bring your car to a dealer for a CEL; buy a ebay scanner/programmer/ whatever(8-9$) and scan it yourself. I'll bring my car to the dealer for real problems. What a stupid dealer.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote