Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #85
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I owned a 13 SS Camaro - loved it
Then bought a C7 w/ LT1 - loved it.

But that was enuf V8 for me , liked the V6 hood to mount my “like” in vents, and Hated the SS Wing, so I bought the loaded V6 RS, could not be happier, got over having to have the biggest and baddest motor, but do need bigger wheel bad ass look:

And I Think some overlook the V6, it is strong at 300+ hp, plenty fast for me.
Yeah the V6 amazing bro Car and Driver knows it you know it and I know it.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:16 PM   #86
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
Get a V8 SS or SS 1LE!! You have a 4 cylinder now so you might has well move up to the V8. And I would get a 6 speed manual too! The manuals are a blast to drive!
I do agree on the manuals no matter what you got to do the right thing and get a 6 Speed.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:32 PM   #87
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Also depends on what you want out of a driving experience. To many car enthusiasts, the sound of the engine is just as important as the performance. Some folks could care less and just want a cool looking, fun car. Figure out what you want out of a car, but don't settle. If you have to save up some cash for what you really want, just wait or buy a slightly used one.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:39 PM   #88
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
Yeah the V6 amazing bro Car and Driver knows it you know it and I know it.
Again, everyone wants different things out of their cars. To each their own. The V6 Camaro is a decent performer if you don't have to have the extra power, torque, or sound.

However, adding fake hood vents should be a sin. At least yours is functional supposedly.

Perfect example of putting the window down to hear that beast, then utter disappointment.

Not liking an SS spoiler sounds like an excuse I would make if I had V6 regrets. Spoilers can be changed fairly easily and inexpensively.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:07 AM   #89
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Again, everyone wants different things out of their cars. To each their own. The V6 Camaro is a decent performer if you don't have to have the extra power, torque, or sound.

However, adding fake hood vents should be a sin. At least yours is functional supposedly.

Perfect example of putting the window down to hear that beast, then utter disappointment.

Not liking an SS spoiler sounds like an excuse I would make if I had V6 regrets. Spoilers can be changed fairly easily and inexpensively.
First off I don't have any hood scoops real or fake I have an RS. Second the V6 sounds phenomenal man so it has the sound.

and it also has quite a bit of horsepower and more than enough torque sure it doesn't have as much as the V8 but has more than enough.

I can guarantee you there's no V6 regrets here maybe you regret spending the extra money on your V8. Depends on what you're using the car for if it's a daily driver the V6 is phenomenal
Old 11-09-2017, 01:29 AM   #90
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
have a buddy thats bought 5 cars in 4 years.hes currently driving a 2015 RS and jonesing for another SS even though hes on a fixed income and had to give the last one back to the bank.disabled,5 foot nothing and weighs all of 130# but loves to sit at car shows with the hood up so he can feel like a real man...yeesh.but has no living relatives locally.i feel kind of sorry for him.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:59 AM   #91
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Wow... I missed a lot. I did read all your responses. Thank you! I love my 4-cyl but enough to buy it out, probably not. I need something more. I saw a Chancellor Palpatine picture which made me laugh about the dark side. Fueling costs, tires are all part of the journey for me. Yes, it will cost more money in the long run but my answer to the question of whether I will be happy enough to not care... Yes. I do not think I will get the V6 regardless. If money becomes an issue, I will stick with the 4.

I still need to drive one, but the interior, the body styling and the performance of the Camaro line, will keep me in the family no matter what. If I didn't love my 4-cyl, I would not be getting another Camaro. I just need more. I am almost certain $ will not be a big factor seeing as though I would not be getting one until 2019 (the reason I asked now is because I need to make a decision because I am way over my lease mileage haha). I will be able to get a barely used 1SS 1LE for only a couple grand more than the MSRP of my 4 banger by then.

Sorry about another "V8?" post. Thanks again everyone. Now... what color haha... So far HBM is winning the battle. I do not think I can do another black car, it is too much

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #92
Cgocifer

Quote:
First off I don't have any hood scoops real or fake I have an RS. Second the V6 sounds phenomenal man so it has the sound.

and it also has quite a bit of horsepower and more than enough torque sure it doesn't have as much as the V8 but has more than enough.

I can guarantee you there's no V6 regrets here maybe you regret spending the extra money on your V8. Depends on what you're using the car for if it's a daily driver the V6 is phenomenal
Quoted the wrong post. I was referring to the red car post you replied to with the vents he added bit at least they're functional. Also, he mentioned getting the V6 because he was tired of V8s and didn't like the SS spoiler.

Glad you like your car. No regrets here. I'm happy with the money spent because it is a bargain for what you get for the money. Definitely not my daily driver, so a different perspective I guess. If I couldn't afford a V8, I simply wouldn't get a Camaro. I'd get a BRZ or Focus or something.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #93
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Wow... I missed a lot. I did read all your responses. Thank you! I love my 4-cyl but enough to buy it out, probably not. I need something more. I saw a Chancellor Palpatine picture which made me laugh about the dark side. Fueling costs, tires are all part of the journey for me. Yes, it will cost more money in the long run but my answer to the question of whether I will be happy enough to not care... Yes. I do not think I will get the V6 regardless. If money becomes an issue, I will stick with the 4.

I still need to drive one, but the interior, the body styling and the performance of the Camaro line, will keep me in the family no matter what. If I didn't love my 4-cyl, I would not be getting another Camaro. I just need more. I am almost certain $ will not be a big factor seeing as though I would not be getting one until 2019 (the reason I asked now is because I need to make a decision because I am way over my lease mileage haha). I will be able to get a barely used 1SS 1LE for only a couple grand more than the MSRP of my 4 banger by then.

Sorry about another "V8?" post. Thanks again everyone. Now... what color haha... So far HBM is winning the battle. I do not think I can do another black car, it is too much
Good luck and if you test drive a V8, you'll want it, so be prepared!! ;-)
Old 11-09-2017, 08:34 AM   #94
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Ditto Cgocifer!!!
Old 11-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #95
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Quoted the wrong post. I was referring to the red car post you replied to with the vents he added bit at least they're functional. Also, he mentioned getting the V6 because he was tired of V8s and didn't like the SS spoiler.

Glad you like your car. No regrets here. I'm happy with the money spent because it is a bargain for what you get for the money. Definitely not my daily driver, so a different perspective I guess. If I couldn't afford a V8, I simply wouldn't get a Camaro. I'd get a BRZ or Focus or something.
For sure man to each their own I wouldn't be caught dead in a crappy Subaru or Ford Focus. But to each their own

V6 Camaro Stomps those cars through for the same money.

How about just saying to each their own without dropping in some sly little remark about V8 or Ford Focus

And you have no idea what anybody else in this form can and can't afford.

So unless if you were Bill Gates you might want to get off the high horse
Old 11-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #96
Cgocifer

Quote:
For sure man to each their own I wouldn't be caught dead in a crappy Subaru or Ford Focus. But to each their own

V6 Camaro Stomps those cars through for the same money.

How about just saying to each their own without dropping in some sly little remark about V8 or Ford Focus

And you have no idea what anybody else in this form can and can't afford.

So unless if you were Bill Gates you might want to get off the high horse
Woah nelly, cool your jets! What did i say about people affording anything? Lol. My opinions are my own and was giving advice that IF funding is a concern, there are options out there including used V8 Camaros if a V8 is a must. The OP was asking for advice and opinions.

No need to get all tough-guy over the keyboard. Hahaha nope, not Bill Gates, but I work hard and save for what I want even if it takes a while. I spent four years building a custom show car Chevelle that I owned for 26 years. After I decided that I was burned out with the show car thing, I sold it at Mecum for a healthy sum, paid off the daily drivers and bought the Camaro. I invest and I've flipped cars as a hobby and for profit for previous cars I've owned.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:02 AM   #97
Cgocifer

OP, I'll leave you with this:

https://youtu.be/-KYFu-OP67E
Old 11-09-2017, 09:07 AM   #98
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Woah nelly, cool your jets! What did i say about people affording anything? Lol. My opinions are my own and was giving advice that IF funding is a concern, there are options out there including used V8 Camaros if a V8 is a must. The OP was asking for advice and opinions.

No need to get all tough-guy over the keyboard. Hahaha nope, not Bill Gates, but I work hard and save for what I want even if it takes a while. I spent four years building a custom show car Chevelle that I owned for 26 years. After I decided that I was burned out with the show car thing, I sold it at Mecum for a healthy sum, paid off the daily drivers and bought the Camaro. I invest and I've flipped cars as a hobby and for profit for previous cars I've owned.
Alright man like I said it's all good it seemed to me you were being the internet tough guy.

Why don't you slap some pics of that Chevelle up.