Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-18-2019, 06:24 AM   #15
vicm251

Drives: 2017 Camro ss 1LE
that's crazy to hear ....I lease my Camaro thru bical CHevy in Valley Stream it was a terrible experience, I will never get a car from them ever again. Dealers in NYC area are tough to deal with in general.
vicm251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:23 AM   #16
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Well dang. Now you have me nervous for my lease return. I bought my car 5 hours away. Was told I could return to any Chevrolet dealer. Anyone else have issues returning theirs to a different dealer?
Old 03-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #17
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Good luck with the Challenger, hope you enjoy it!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #18
Lanzz

Drives: 2019 MB E450, 2019 Miata RF
keon, I had great luck with Merrick Dodge out on Sunrise Highway in Wantagh. I had a Challenger R/T after the Camaro, and Merrick had really great service. If I had stayed in NYC, I would have bought my next car from them, just based on the service.
Lanzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:51 AM   #19
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicm251 View Post
that's crazy to hear ....I lease my Camaro thru bical CHevy in Valley Stream it was a terrible experience, I will never get a car from them ever again. Dealers in NYC area are tough to deal with in general.

I got my lease through Bical in Valley Stream as well. They been ok to me to be honest on their service and now the lease return i dropped it this morning with no issues and 10 minutes out the door. Sales manager actually remembered me as i own a Vape Shop in the area.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #20
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by solobaric View Post
Well dang. Now you have me nervous for my lease return. I bought my car 5 hours away. Was told I could return to any Chevrolet dealer. Anyone else have issues returning theirs to a different dealer?

Don't be nervous, you should be able to trade it back to any GM dealer. These asses at East Hills are just being idiots. Call GM financial if you leased through them and let them set up the appointment i found out they can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Good luck with the Challenger, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks SSport! I know we both been around these forums on many posts together and sucks to not be fully part of the scene anymore here :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzz View Post
keon, I had great luck with Merrick Dodge out on Sunrise Highway in Wantagh. I had a Challenger R/T after the Camaro, and Merrick had really great service. If I had stayed in NYC, I would have bought my next car from them, just based on the service.

Good to hear and spread the word as these good dealers are not easy to come by!
Old 03-18-2019, 06:49 PM   #21
Lanzz

Drives: 2019 MB E450, 2019 Miata RF
keon, just keep your eye out that the lease return actually gets processed by the dealer. I returned a Chrysler 300c at a dealer in Charlotte - they gave me a receipt and everything. But they let the car sit for 4 weeks - didn't process it in the system - so my lease technically did not end. I had to call almost daily to be sure they processed it. (I believe it is technically called "grounding" the vehicle...) Just an FYI, might not be an issue, but something to look out for.
Lanzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:21 PM   #22
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzz View Post
keon, just keep your eye out that the lease return actually gets processed by the dealer. I returned a Chrysler 300c at a dealer in Charlotte - they gave me a receipt and everything. But they let the car sit for 4 weeks - didn't process it in the system - so my lease technically did not end. I had to call almost daily to be sure they processed it. (I believe it is technically called "grounding" the vehicle...) Just an FYI, might not be an issue, but something to look out for.

Thanks for letting me know. I had a few Jeep's leased from them so i definitely will keep a eye out on it as well as contact GM financial to let them know it was handed in.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #23
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I didn't even know people Leased Camaros. I though that was mostly for BMW LS models...as in BMW "Lease Specials". LOL.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:32 PM   #24
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I didn't even know people Leased Camaros. I though that was mostly for BMW LS models...as in BMW "Lease Specials". LOL.

Hey, we all learn new things everyday ya know....
Old 03-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #25
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Don't be nervous, you should be able to trade it back to any GM dealer. These asses at East Hills are just being idiots. Call GM financial if you leased through them and let them set up the appointment i found out they can...

Thanks SSport! I know we both been around these forums on many posts together and sucks to not be fully part of the scene anymore here :(

Good to hear and spread the word as these good dealers are not easy to come by!
Stop by, I would love to hear how you like the Challenger.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #26
MH247

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'm in a similar situation since I leased my Camaro in NC and then later moved to OH. I called GM Financial about my new address and that I need to return the car to a dealership here in OH. I was told to check in with my preferred dealership and they would take care of it. When I asked them they said I had to call GM Financial and figure it out with them first. It's going back and forth over a year now and I have to turn in the car beginning of May. Funny thing is, GM Financial wrote me a letter a couple of months ago about the lease-end procedure and they even mentioned that I should call them if I've moved a significant distance to change the dealership. Well, that didn't help either to convince the customer representative on the phone...
I'm curious how this will work out in the end. I really love the car and I will definitely miss it, but I'm so sick and tired of GM Financial and all the Chevy Dealerships I was in touch with. I wish I would've found this forum earlier to get my car from Becky.
MH247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:30 PM   #27
keon718nyc

Here was the reply i received on a review i wrote to East Hills Chevrolet -

East Hills Chevrolet of Douglaston responded -

"I realize our store is convenient for you. I also realize your bank has offered to you to bring your vehicle to our store to drop it off. I understand you are frustrated that we said we would not take your vehicle in. As I wrote in prior reviews, we have no where to store your turned in vehicle. We are land locked. We pay for a storage facility offsite to store our vehicles available for sale. If you would purchase a vehicle from us then we would figure out a way to store your vehicle until your bank comes and gets it. I'm sorry my team did not explain these nuances to you."
Old 04-01-2019, 09:08 PM   #28
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
I recently brought my car to Novato Chevrolet one evening to have them look at my fading wheels. I spoke to a very nice person (Andrew) who took the time to take a look and understand the situation. Unfortunately, it was past 5 PM so the service manager was gone.

When I returned early one morning to speak to the service manager (Roger Fong) he quickly looked at my car and said it was modified. He then looked at one of the wheels and noticed a PRESSED scuff mark that had been there when I bought the car (probably from the delivery straps).

I began to explain how I took delivery with the mark but before I could explain any further he quickly started to walk back inside while telling me GM would not do anything and to go back to where I bought it.

I seriously wish the guy I had spoke to first that late evening was the service manager because he was much more professional.

Eventually, I took my car to Victory Chevy and had two very nice gentlemen look, understand the situation, and set me up with an appointment (which I couldn't make).

MRR M017s should be delivered tomorrow

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote