Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 08-31-2019, 06:06 AM   #1
B_rad1969

Drives: 2013 2lt
New MRR wheel damage

I just got my MRR wheels last week and got them installed. Anyone else have issues with the installer dinging up the edge? I'm not very impressed with the finish on my rims either. There is debris in the paint and 1 rim has a huge
indentation in it from when the wheel was made. Quality control must have taken the day off. Not real happy with these M755's....
B_rad1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
Cherry

Drives: 2017 SS 50th
I've seen a few posts now about MRR wheel finishes being underwhelming. It mostly seems to be the case on replica wheels with standard finishes. MRR is quite active here so I'm sure they will respond here and their customer support does seem really good. However, it does make skeptical about their wheels even though I really like their FS01 style.

On the other hand their are tons of people here who are satisfied with their MRR wheels.
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I had the optional powder coat Clear put on my MMR Wheels. The finish was immaculate, I could not be happier , I’m sure Carlos will be along Here and make it right.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:17 PM   #4
B_rad1969

I got gloss black..... I believe the finish is too thick and it dents easily. Idk Not the quality was expecting.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:56 AM   #5
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
I have MRR ZL1 replicas and I am not happy either. The day I put them on the car I chipped the finish.

So I doubt count on these things lasting long.
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #6
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
My experience has been two fold. I had gloss black M017’s and the dealer scratched two of them.

I sold them and bought the ZL1 1LE wheels (MRR model number escapes me) in satin black, brought it to a different tire shop and had no issues.

Was it the finish or the tire guy? I’m leaning toward tire guy. I think MRR makes a great wheel. And Carlos is top notch. Should you have paint quality problems, reach out to him.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #7
B_rad1969

The tire shop bought me a new rim. The damage I thought was from the install, around the edges, was on the new unmounted rim too. It's just bad QC or they send out defective rims. 5 for 5 have damage and I did email them......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmAnt13 View Post
My experience has been two fold. I had gloss black M017’s and the dealer scratched two of them.

I sold them and bought the ZL1 1LE wheels (MRR model number escapes me) in satin black, brought it to a different tire shop and had no issues.

Was it the finish or the tire guy? I’m leaning toward tire guy. I think MRR makes a great wheel. And Carlos is top notch. Should you have paint quality problems, reach out to him.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #8
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
I have a few things that I just need clarification.....
1. who did you purchase the wheels from???
2. I notice you claim damage but you never put up a picture of the wheel?
3. I checked all of our records for the past 2 weeks and we have not send out a replacement wheel to anyone.
4. the M017 has been out of stock for the past 4 weeks, our new container is arriving next week so ... Im asking my self how did you get a replacement wheel??
we dont have any dealers with inventory right now or any that would tear up a complete set either .

Please clarify.... I just want to make sure that if our brand is being tossed around good or bad that is legit information.

If we did send you a damaged wheel we would be more then happy to replace for you, all the members know that we are true to our word.
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #9
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Here is what we always ask when their is a possible warranty or damaged claim

1. Name of dealer you purchased from
2. Copy of your original invoice
3. Images of the damage area in question
4. Images of the complete wheel full face

you got all this info , we got your back.
this info is not needed to give you a hard time, is needed for us to understand the issue and also to trace the wheel and its paper work.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #10
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Just noticed is a M755 , but for sure send me all the info we requested, it would make life easier for all of us.
especially considering that I have seen other companies selling a rep and calling it a MRR wheel cause they can sell it higher and buy it cheaper.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:07 PM   #11
B_rad1969

I sent you an email on Saturday and have not heard back yet. I have rims from two different companies in MRR boxes. They both have the same type of damage. Let me get you some pictures and I will send you another email
Old 09-10-2019, 05:58 AM   #12
B_rad1969

I sent an email last night with pictures. I'm not sure if the files were too large but I'm not seeing the email in my sent folder. Let me know if you did not get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_MRRWheelsInc View Post
Here is what we always ask when their is a possible warranty or damaged claim

1. Name of dealer you purchased from
2. Copy of your original invoice
3. Images of the damage area in question
4. Images of the complete wheel full face

you got all this info , we got your back.
this info is not needed to give you a hard time, is needed for us to understand the issue and also to trace the wheel and its paper work.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #13
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_rad1969 View Post
I sent an email last night with pictures. I'm not sure if the files were too large but I'm not seeing the email in my sent folder. Let me know if you did not get it.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #14
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
I have a few things that I just need clarification.....
1. who did you purchase the wheels from???
2. I notice you claim damage but you never put up a picture of the wheel?
3. I checked all of our records for the past 2 weeks and we have not send out a replacement wheel to anyone.
4. the M017 has been out of stock for the past 4 weeks, our new container is arriving next week so ... Im asking my self how did you get a replacement wheel??
we dont have any dealers with inventory right now or any that would tear up a complete set either .

Please clarify.... I just want to make sure that if our brand is being tossed around good or bad that is legit information.

If we did send you a damaged wheel we would be more then happy to replace for you, all the members know that we are true to our word.
Quote:
Just noticed is a M755 , but for sure send me all the info we requested, it would make life easier for all of us.
especially considering that I have seen other companies selling a rep and calling it a MRR wheel cause they can sell it higher and buy it cheaper.
This...especially if you bought it through eBay.