Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #29
HouseStark

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
This is great information guys. Thank you all for your input. This helps out many more people than me I’m sure concerning EPA concerns
HouseStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #30
RedHot_1SS_1LE
Mike

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseStark View Post
Looks like it’s OBD-II only. Would I pass?
I live in one of the 8 counties that require ECheck. If you go to one of the full-service EChack facilities, it does include a mirror check and evap emissions test (pull vacuum at fuel filler). However, if you go to a Self-Service ECheck Kiosk, you simply use the OBD reader at the kisok to scan for CELs. Any CEL will fail the test, but if there are no CELs, your car will pass. I've passed two LS-based trucks and an LS1 TransAm, all with LT headers. Two of those vehicles I used HPTuner to disable the catalyst CELs.

Like others have mentioned, that doesn't make it LEGAL, but it at least gets you under the radar.
RedHot_1SS_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:43 AM   #31
HouseStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot_1SS_1LE View Post
I live in one of the 8 counties that require ECheck. If you go to one of the full-service EChack facilities, it does include a mirror check and evap emissions test (pull vacuum at fuel filler). However, if you go to a Self-Service ECheck Kiosk, you simply use the OBD reader at the kisok to scan for CELs. Any CEL will fail the test, but if there are no CELs, your car will pass. I've passed two LS-based trucks and an LS1 TransAm, all with LT headers. Two of those vehicles I used HPTuner to disable the catalyst CELs.

Like others have mentioned, that doesn't make it LEGAL, but it at least gets you under the radar.
Very interesting. So the move is to go to a self service kiosk. Is that dependent on your county? If I'm in Cuyahoga could I go to Ashtabula if they have self service versus Cuyahoga full service?
Old 10-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #32
HouseStark

Not to bring this back from the dead. However, wouldn't you be able to register your car to what ever county as long as you have mail going there?