Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Phastek Performance

Old 11-10-2017, 01:58 AM   #1
JohnTomorrow

Drives: Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
Recommended North Jersey Dealership

Hello, new to the forum. I am looking to become a new Camaro owner. Can anyone recommend a dealership that they had a good experience with purchasing their Camaro in North Jersey? I live in Jersey City so was going to check out Englewood and Paramus. Any thing I should know or any other dealers that are worth going to? Thanks
JohnTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
NJerzeeSS

Drives: 18 2SS Coupe/Hyperblue/Jet Black/A8
I had an overall pleasant, easy experience at Bridgewater Chevrolet.
NJerzeeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
Blown330

Drives: 2016 Stingray Z51
Englewood is terrible, I went to look at a car there and they treated me like shit. Paramus is ok but they really don't have the best prices. I live in Paramus and went and bought mine from Schumacher in Denville since they offered me the best price and treated me the best.
Blown330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
checkeredflag
TPW 4-11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Conv. MRC M6 Npp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown330 View Post
Englewood is terrible, I went to look at a car there and they treated me like shit. Paramus is ok but they really don't have the best prices. I live in Paramus and went and bought mine from Schumacher in Denville since they offered me the best price and treated me the best.
Plus 1 on Schumacher of Denville, great dealership, ordered my car from them , great price and they do treat their customers the best!
Old 11-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Ordered mine from Schumacher of Denville, too, and we've been using them for the family car as well. A solid dealership, both their sales and service teams are decent and professional. The salespeople who worked with me were thorough and helpful, and the service folks never try to cut corners to my detriment, so you very likely won't get railroaded if you go with them.

The unpredictable and often high service wait times are pretty much the only thing I don't like there, but on the flip side, they're blissfully liberal with their courtesy loaner rides.

(One time my wife was given a Charger there as a loaner, which was very helpful in other ways, as in, convincing me to not even consider buying that model )
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #6
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I live in Jersey and bought it from Alan Johnson at Matick in Detroit. It was worth the trip.

Paid under $40k for a 1LE last summer.
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #7
Swagger
DaWolfOfAllStreets

Drives: 17 C Coupe, 17 1LE, 16 Scion iA
Koons in Tysons Corner, VA. Just outside of DC and a easy drive for me, no BS or games. Theres a lady on the site named Becky D that seems good as well. Almost used her but a trade in with her distance was a problem. She will ship to you as well
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #8
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Schumacher has a bunch of dealers in north jersey and I will never buy from them. Terrible experience from the owners down. Total nightmare. I ended up buying from Becky and they deliver. I switched to GMC for my truck and one of the advantages was to not deal with them.

I think Paramus is Schumacher too...
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:13 AM   #9
Walt88

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I bought my 1SS from Paramus Chevrolet. The only salesman I recommend is Bob Brooks, he was the only one who actually tried to work with me, didn't try and push things on me if I said no, overall best experience I've ever had with a salesman.
Walt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:22 AM   #10
RobertSmith

Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
Koons in Tysons Corner, VA. Just outside of DC and a easy drive for me, no BS or games. Theres a lady on the site named Becky D that seems good as well. Almost used her but a trade in with her distance was a problem. She will ship to you as well
I'm in NJ also.

I've often wondered about the Koon's WOW prices because they seem so low that I just assume they are not "real" prices. That is, they have rebates you can't get etc.

What price were you quoted and was there back and forth to pare that pack to a real price?

What about the tax and title process? Was it a pain in the butt?
RobertSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #11
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmith View Post
I'm in NJ also.

I've often wondered about the Koon's WOW prices because they seem so low that I just assume they are not "real" prices. That is, they have rebates you can't get etc.

What price were you quoted and was there back and forth to pare that pack to a real price?

What about the tax and title process? Was it a pain in the butt?
I Purchased my 2015 1LE from Koons - in and out in less than 1 Hour - Earl Jones was my Sales guy - and your correct no once beat there WOW prices - not sure how but hey a deal is a deal

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #12
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Autosport Chevy of Hackettstown is where I got mine, awesome deal and bar none best buying experience I've ever had. Previously leased a Volt from Schumacher, they were good, although couldn't make a deal with them on a SS this spring. Bridgewater Chevy treated me very well, just couldn't find me the car.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #13
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Autosport Chevy of Hackettstown is where I got mine, awesome deal and bar none best buying experience I've ever had. Previously leased a Volt from Schumacher, they were good, although couldn't make a deal with them on a SS this spring. Bridgewater Chevy treated me very well, just couldn't find me the car.
I Use Bridgewater Chevrolet for my service, Living over 30 miles away I bypass (4) Chevrolet Dealers to use Bridgewater service (Global, Open Road, Belluva and Schumacher )

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #14
Msokeefe

Drives: 2018 1SS
I bought mine this February at Bridgewater, they rape you with GM financing. They wanted to hit me with 6.8 financing, with an 803 credit score. Went through the bank for 2.99
Msokeefe is offline   Reply With Quote