Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-26-2018, 10:50 PM   #29
m666etal

Drives: Civic
Subscribe to google music if you use android auto. You can select songs via voice commands.
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #30
69-SS396

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I find using a thumb drive the best option in our cars. I tried both 320 mp3 and Flac, cant tell the difference.

Are you saying you can play FLAC in our car (I have a 2018 2SS w/Bose) or are you saying, in general, you can't tell the difference between 320kbs MP3 and FLAC?

My system will not see any FLAC files I have on a thumb drive.
69-SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:10 PM   #31
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-SS396 View Post
Are you saying you can play FLAC in our car (I have a 2018 2SS w/Bose) or are you saying, in general, you can't tell the difference between 320kbs MP3 and FLAC?

My system will not see any FLAC files I have on a thumb drive.
Our cars native system will not read FLAC audio, in any of the formats.

I have an Audison BitPlay HD that read FLAC files with stored on harddrive or via USB

https://www.audison.eu/news/bit-play...-media-player/
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #32
69-SS396

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Our cars native system will not read FLAC audio, in any of the formats....

That's sad. My wife's $20k 2017 Golf Sportwagen S (base model) will play FLAC and my 2017 F150 will also. For a higher-end GM car and since GM Electronics are supposed to be some of the best in the industry (according to them), this is embarrassing.

Like other's have said I could probably not hear a difference in 320k mp3 and FLAC in the Camaro, I would prefer not to re-encode just for this car. Fingers crossed for an update, but not holding my breath.
69-SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #33
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-SS396 View Post
That's sad. My wife's $20k 2017 Golf Sportwagen S (base model) will play FLAC and my 2017 F150 will also. For a higher-end GM car and since GM Electronics are supposed to be some of the best in the industry (according to them), this is embarrassing.

Like other's have said I could probably not hear a difference in 320k mp3 and FLAC in the Camaro, I would prefer not to re-encode just for this car. Fingers crossed for an update, but not holding my breath.
You sound like you know audio. I don't think the Camaro has the proper setup to really take advantage of FLAC, to be honest. You would need to invest in a few hundred dollars in CLD, CCF, and MLV to really get the acoustic environment where you want it. I have a convertible, so I didn't even try it. But in my CTS-V, I went all out in creating a perfect audio system, so you an definitely hear the difference between 320 and FLAC.

To demonstrate that, I have the same track in FLAC and 320 and I play them back to back for people and their response is always the same
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 09-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #34
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
This FLAC vs mp3 at various bitrates often stirs strong opinions.
I would suggest checking out some of the many A/B listening tests available online and see what you can really hear. Mp3 encoding has come a long way.
As storage got cheap and my digital library grew I contemplated switching to FLAC, but settled on mp3 320 at CBR for smaller file size and more universal compatibility. Some players still don't like VBR.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:31 PM   #35
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
This FLAC vs mp3 at various bitrates often stirs strong opinions.
I would suggest checking out some of the many A/B listening tests available online and see what you can really hear. Mp3 encoding has come a long way.
As storage got cheap and my digital library grew I contemplated switching to FLAC, but settled on mp3 320 at CBR for smaller file size and more universal compatibility. Some players still don't like VBR.
I don’t disagree... I would also argue that, the average, even above average listener can not tell the difference between the two, and most of the folks that do basic car audio setups don’t know what lossless audio is. But it doesn’t change the fact that lossless audio is sonically superior , and should at least be an option for our cars

Old 10-19-2019, 08:34 AM   #36
ScaryFatKidGT

Drives: NGM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECOUPED View Post
Hello all

Has anyone installed a CD player in their 2017 SS? I miss my tunes when I'm driving. Sirius has the genre or the decade but not the song when I want it.
Yeah I'm with you, I'm the total opposite of all these other people commenting, I thought I could get along without it but I buy CD's at shows and I can't play them till I get home and download them to my computer and then put them on my phone... there has been several occasions now where

I have wanted one.

also after learning that sound possessors are usually connected to the speaker outputs I might stick a Pioneer 99PRS on my dash above the screen and say screw it.... idk yet.
ScaryFatKidGT is offline   Reply With Quote