Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 08-10-2023, 12:02 PM   #1
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
Audio upgrade on 1SS 1LE

From what I researched... I cannot find just a simple upgrade. By simple, I mean, just an amp and speakers. It looks like most people just go with these big amazing systems that go in deep with the upgrade.

I need some help on researching what I would need. I'm after basically an amp and 4 speakers. Nothing amazing..

I understand the 1SS 1LE does not come with an amp and "there is more needed" but that is where I am coming up confused. I'm just not a stereo guy, so I would appreciate any advice and direction. Thanks !

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 07:56 PM   #2
drewleague

Drives: Subaru WRX
Hi,

I have a new SS 1LE as well and have been researching audio for the past month. There’s a good thread on here where someone went through the process with a 1LE. Gen5DIY (https://www.gen5diy.com/products/19-...b1705921&_ss=r) sells a harness to simplify what you want to do and it should be back in stock by the end of the month, im waiting on that.

The harness plugs into the back of the radio module (near the glovebox) and gives you some cables that allow you to connect the stock speaker locations to your amp. It should be the simplest way to do what you’re asking.

From there the rest depends on your set up but you can wire your amp to the harness and then my understanding is you can use the stock speaker wires but I plan to bypass those myself and run new cables to the speakers since the door speaker and dash speaker seem to run off the same power cable with the harness. So I’m basically using it to tap into the signals the easiest way possible without cutting any wires.

This thread goes real in depth but it’s useful to apply the parts you need to your build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...hlight=1LE+amp
drewleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 04:18 PM   #3
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
I did a lot of research here and on YouTube before getting it all figured out. But I have a 2SS with the Bose system, so it's a completely different animal.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote