Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-15-2023, 09:46 PM   #1
50thAnnyV6RS

Drives: 2017 RS Camaro 2LT
Upgrading my 2017 RS infotainment screen

So I posted before about my 2017 Rs not having the color change around the infotainment screen, it has it in door trim and footwells.

Here's what all I've done inside WITHOUT removing anything factory,
Notice how the white light around the touch screen is off white?

Now to avoid 1000 responses that aren't close to what I'm asking, I WANT TO ENSURE THE WHITE LIGHT AROUND THE INFOTAINMENT SCREEN MATCHES THE LIGHT IN THE FOOTWELL AND DOORS (disregard the blue foot well light in this pic that is from the Type S LED kit installed over the factory footwell...the factory footwell is still in place)

After reading some other posts on the forum there's seems to be a few ways to go about it. Here are my questions

1) can I order a 2ss radio and will that change color with the door and footwell?

2) Can I order another footwell kit and rig that up to work behind the infotainment light area?

3) I also want to order the cup holder from the 2ss and have that. How difficult is that job? will it change color as well with the rest?

Thank you

Last edited by 50thAnnyV6RS; 07-16-2023 at 03:07 PM.
50thAnnyV6RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 06:55 PM   #2
50thAnnyV6RS

Drives: 2017 RS Camaro 2LT
So nobody can help a brother out? Its at the shop now for the fourth time
50thAnnyV6RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:47 AM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
the led behind the screen is not a colored led unless the car is equipped with the interior light package that you are mimicing. the wiring harness that goes to them is physically lacking the wires to control the setting of the colored led when your car doesn't have that package. the bcm controller doesn't exist in a car without that package. the software in the hmi unit that provides the interface on screen doesn't have the features programmed in if you don't buy the car with that package.

the display itself is just a display. if you buy one from a car that had the package, all you get is the colored leds. nothing else to drive and control them.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:54 AM   #4
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
it's literally way more expensive to implement the oem lighting setup aftermarket.

you can diy it cheaper but you won't be able to use on screen controls to control it. you can switch out all the leds and control them some other way... they are directly connected and all... you will just have to do surgery to remove the actual leds unless you are buying the whole part they are in that already has multicoloured leds.

diying it shouldn't be hard, removing the display to get at the leds is easy. you just won't be reusing anything in your car to do it.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infotainment, spectrum lighting