Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-26-2021, 12:10 PM   #1
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Anyone Adjust Their Camber Plates to and From the Track?

Just curious.

I have a 20 1LE and leave min in track alignment. I also drive to and from the track and am starting to venture to other tracks away from my local one.

For reference I got 15 track sessions (1.6 mile track running 1:15-1:18 laps) and a total of 3200 miles combined track and street before cording the inner fronts of my tires. Im at -2.7 and -.05 in toe. with the plates in track alignment.

I read that switching the camber plates back to street still leaves the toe out of whack and isnt worth it to save tire wear.

Just wondering if anyone has done it and what kind of combined total miles they are getting compared to me just leaving mine in track camber.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:28 PM   #2
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I'll generally set track camber at the beginning of the season, then set it back to street at the end of the season. You need to set toe every time, once it's all pre-marked its pretty easy to do. On the stock DSSV plates I was changing the toe 2 flats per side when going to/from track camber, on my current plates (which add more camber) I do 3 flats per side.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:04 PM   #3
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Thanks for responding.

For me then it wouldnt be worth it as Im in FL and run all year (8-10 days a year usually) . I did read the toe needed to be adjusted when you switched back and forth.

If I had a lift and had it all pre marked I would do it..honestly id do it just to see how much more life out of the tires id get (and I know thats the point.)

At my current camber and toe settings im ok with the 3k miles per tire set based on the tracks I visit and the street driving to and from.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:06 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i leave mine in track alignment mode all year but i dont have camber plates yet so have to take it to the shop to do it lol