Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 08-12-2023, 09:40 PM   #1
DuoMaxwell007

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2LT
Dashcxam hardwiring question

so I have a 2017 camaro LT, and a took it to Best Buy to get it hardwired, and while they did it just fine Im wondering one things. When I showed him how it needs to be hardwired, as shown in the "old cam and battery" attached pic, you see in the top left corner that the Input Cable needs to ber put on a fuse tap then that fuse tap placed on a fuse, but the guy wh odid it said using a fuse box is a bad idea/can cause issues and so he hardwired it some other way, and I ca verify that it is NOT and fuse taps on my fuse box. So my question is, how exactly DID he do it then without using a fuse box? Because everything I research on Dashcam hardwiring only talks about using a fuse box, infact they even say some dashcams cant be hardwired on a Tesla because they lack a traditional fusebox, sooooo what kinda magic did this guy do without using the fuse box or fuse taps?

My next question is how hard is it to undo and redo hardwiring, Im upgrading my dashcam and battery and as you can see in the new dashcam and battery pics, the new battery uses a different Input and Output cable than the old battery and The new output cable has a communications cable which plugs into the new dashcam (the old one does not), so basically Im gonna need to have everything taken out and rehardwired since Thinkware couldnt keep all its cables universal across all its cameras and batteries so all Id have to do its unplug my current stuff, remove it and replace it with the new stuff while reusing the same cords, thus not needing to pay someone to take everything out and reinstall everything lol, is that even possible? (im sure if it is itll probably cost more)
Attached Images

DuoMaxwell007 is offline   Reply With Quote