Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-13-2021, 08:15 AM   #197
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Base v8 must have 500hp, maybe offer EV but it must be reasonably priced.
Just as the 6th Gen evolved from the 5th Gen, have the 7th Gen evolve from the 6th Gen. The key points being focusing on increasing rear seat leg and head room, redesign the trunk opening to fit larger items. Increased tech to address others concerns of poor visibility. Don’t wall mount the center console display like the Vette or Hummer, blend it into the dash and tilt toward driver. Had every Gen Camaro except Gen2, honestly don't see moving to a 7th Gen since I have a ZL1.

Hate to say it but they may want to get female input. See woman in mustangs and challengers, not many in Camaros.

Oh yeah and actually market the product.

Last edited by Realist; 01-13-2021 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Addition
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:54 AM   #198
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I'm still trying to block out that mistake . My username is apt
Its all good fun . At least you realized the mistake sooner rather than later. I do think Mustang's are decent cars, but I'm not sure that I would buy one (I chose my Camaro in the latest case).

My latest was a '20 Mustang GT Premium convertible that I had rented while on a trip. Fun car, comfortable, fairly practical for being a "sports car", and the 5.0 sounds decent. At the end of the day it is a bit too bland/tame for me. It just doesn't have the race feel (or handling) that the Camaro provides.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:32 AM   #199
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
you guys waiting on an invitation, or what?
HAHAHA...not really.

Shit is crazy right now, and some stability would be nice before making such a large purchase decision.

I am also struggling to make up my mind, ZL1 or '68 Fastback Mustang. I don't plan on buying another V8 manual car after this purchase, so taking my time deciding.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:47 AM   #200
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Hmmmm... I am trying to see it, but I hate to say that I taste more Corvette than Camaro (with the second Gen). Maybe I haven't been around long enough
True, it does look almost identical to the C1 - C6 Corvette tail lights. But, GM would get called out with that, so they had to loosely follow it, make it more modern, square it out a bit.

But, the 2019+ really feels like a tie-in with everything from the past in some weird fashion rather than an upgrade (2016 - 2018).

See here.
Attached Images

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:37 AM   #201
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
True, it does look almost identical to the C1 - C6 Corvette tail lights. But, GM would get called out with that, so they had to loosely follow it, make it more modern, square it out a bit.

But, the 2019+ really feels like a tie-in with everything from the past in some weird fashion rather than an upgrade (2016 - 2018).

See here.

I much prefer that 2nd gen style spoiler to the current fad of wings and wings everywhere. At least the 4th Gen Stock Spoiler was somewhat subtle...
Old 01-13-2021, 10:58 AM   #202
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
my perfect 7th gen camaro would be a late 3rd gen camaro reproduction with modern guts (drivetrain and elecronics etc)

And an infotainment system that adopts an industry standard form factor so that i can toss it out and put any number of third party after market solutions in place without losing any functionality.

No encrypted audio nonsense

Replace all cheap 3rd gen style plastic with any number of better alternatives that are either A. less prone to vibration and cracking and B. less cheap feeling.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:31 PM   #203
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
my perfect 7th gen camaro would be a late 3rd gen camaro reproduction with modern guts (drivetrain and elecronics etc)

And an infotainment system that adopts an industry standard form factor so that i can toss it out and put any number of third party after market solutions in place without losing any functionality.

No encrypted audio nonsense

Replace all cheap 3rd gen style plastic with any number of better alternatives that are either A. less prone to vibration and cracking and B. less cheap feeling.
The CAN bus data platform actually IS the industry standard, and the reason audio is encrypted from the processor to the amplifier.

It's really the only way to get the directional alarms for things like backup and blind spot monitors (rear left, front right, etc). Also your warning chimes come out of your driver's door speaker even though you can't really tell it's exact direction. It's the only way to run chimes for key left in the car - the old speaker behind the speedometer for seatbelt chimes and buzzers wouldn't work since there's no steering column ignition switch. It's all integrated computers now.

The transponder radio senses the transponder is in the car, it tells the ECM which tells the audio processor which sends data to the amp which converts it to analog audio which comes out of your door speaker as a "ding ding ding ding ding" when you open it!

Unless you want the Texas Instruments Speak and Spell talking reminders like the 1984-87 Chrysler used
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:01 PM   #204
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
The CAN bus data platform actually IS the industry standard, and the reason audio is encrypted from the processor to the amplifier.

It's really the only way to get the directional alarms for things like backup and blind spot monitors (rear left, front right, etc). Also your warning chimes come out of your driver's door speaker even though you can't really tell it's exact direction. It's the only way to run chimes for key left in the car - the old speaker behind the speedometer for seatbelt chimes and buzzers wouldn't work since there's no steering column ignition switch. It's all integrated computers now.
That requires being digital, but not encrypted. computers have been mixing audio just fine from an arbitrary number of sources into stereo (or more channels) just fine without any proprietary formatting for decades. Nothing a car does requires encrypting the audio in data streams like what we're seeing in cars currently (that's on top of the problems of using just simple proprietary - though non-encrypted options like MOST that make it hard to make without expensive licensing of special hardware.

but the other half of that is more about the physical form factor being an industry standard. So that it is financially viable for third party manufacturers to create options. When every car has effectively custom fitted solutions that change every few years even within the car brand ...it becomes extremely unlikely to see many if any companies able to provide effective solutions.

Luckily, the third gen predates the move away from the DIN form factor.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:08 PM   #205
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
I hate the 2nd gen styling, especially the earlier models. It's by far the ugliest to me.

I'd looooooovvvvveee to see retro 3rd gen styling though. As a Gen Xer, it's the definitive Camaro for me.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #206
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
I hate the 2nd gen styling, especially the earlier models. It's by far the ugliest to me.

I'd looooooovvvvveee to see retro 3rd gen styling though. As a Gen Xer, it's the definitive Camaro for me.
Depends on the year. 1974 seemed to have been when they started to refresh it into the Chevy Pinto. Before that, the styling was very good.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:42 PM   #207
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I'm pretty sure the reason for encrypting the buss data is to prevent the hacking takeover of the car such as has been shown on TV in the last few years. I'm okay with that. Since my hearing is slowly fading, I find that the stock system sounds okay.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:23 PM   #208
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
I'm pretty sure the reason for encrypting the buss data is to prevent the hacking takeover of the car such as has been shown on TV in the last few years. I'm okay with that. Since my hearing is slowly fading, I find that the stock system sounds okay.
On top of the business aspects, I suspect there is some truth to this as well. Unencrypted devices are more prone to attacks.

IMO it would be nice to be able to upgrade to newer systems without hardware change or a hefty fee, like people with MyLink can just easily upgrade to Infotainment 3 if they so wish.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:03 PM   #209
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Depends on the year. 1974 seemed to have been when they started to refresh it into the Chevy Pinto.
LOL

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:10 PM   #210
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Stronger internal from factory